• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

Will you ever consider playing Sunshine?

It's the best Mario ever, no joke.

Maybe. If I can get my hands on it for a reasonable price I'll get it. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever actually seen a copy of it anywhere.

I forgot to mention but I do know the infinite flutter jump glitch on SM Galaxy 2. It's wicked cool xD

Maybe. If I can get my hands on it for a reasonable price I'll get it. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever actually seen a copy of it anywhere.

I forgot to mention but I do know the infinite flutter jump glitch on SM Galaxy 2. It's wicked cool xD

Yeah, if you can find it I recommend it. The controls are so solid on that game.

Out of the ones you've played, which Mario game is your least favorite?

Yeah, if you can find it I recommend it. The controls are so solid on that game.

Out of the ones you've played, which Mario game is your least favorite?

Mainstream, probably the sidescrollers (NSMB Wii, for example).

I don't know why, but they're not as fun as older sidescrollers like SMWorld. The fact that they made 4 of them is astonishing. I gotta go either 2D or 3D; no in-between.

Spin-offs, there are actually quite a few I don't like:

Mario Kart DS, Double Dash, Super Circuit

Pretty much every party game except 1 and 8

All the sports games like hoops, super strikers, sluggers, olympics, etc.

But I think that's all.

Last edited:
Mainstream, probably the sidescrollers (NSMB Wii, for example).

I don't know why, but they're not as fun as older sidescrollers like SMWorld. The fact that they made 4 of them is astonishing.

Spin-offs, there are actually quite a few I don't like:

Mario Kart DS, Double Dash, Super Circuit

Pretty much every party game except 1 and 8

All the sports games like hoops, super strikers, sluggers, olympics, etc.

But I think that's all.

I think that the NSMB series was good up until the 3DS one came out. Then the series was basically soulless. I love NSMB DS and Wii, and I'm really glad the switch won't launch with one.

With Mario Karts, I love all of them except SNES, Super Circuit and 7. Mario party 8 is amazing, and every sports game except Strikers charged is pretty....Eh.

How do you think 64 aged? (I personally think Mario 64, while fun, really aged poorly. Especially compared to Sunshine.)

How do you think 64 aged? (I personally think Mario 64, while fun, really aged poorly. Especially compared to Sunshine.)

Well when the N64 came out, Nintendo had a hard time working with the new software because it was the first time they would make 3D games. SM64 was one of the first game released for the system, so of course it has bad graphics. I hardly ever let bad graphics get in the way if a game is really good (unless it's the game boy... GB graphics are just terrible). I know the graphics don't matter, because my second favorite game in the series is Galaxy 2. Much better graphics but somehow SM64 still manages to win my heart.

Another thing I really like about SM64 is, because Nintendo had little experience with 3D games, they left A TON of glitches in the game. According to SM Wiki, there are almost 140 documented glitches. That's insane. INSANELY AWESOME!!!!

Even though the game looks kinda bad, it still has bright colors and decent graphics. Can't necessarily say the same for Ocarina of Time.

And I say SM64's replay value is like through the roof! It's still a fun game, 20 years later!!

Last edited:
I don't mind graphics myself, honestly. The issue about 64 that really hasn't aged well was the camera...At least in my opinion that's the game's biggest flaw. It's got good replay value, still though.

Ever played a Pokemon game/do you have a favorite if you have played it?

Have you played any Sims games? :eek:

Yes! I have Sims 1 saved on my Windows XP desktop (yeah, I have two desktops, one with XP and one with 8).

I was really addicted to the game for about 2 months, but I stopped playing it because my parents got mad at me for playing it constantly. It was awesome because I found a money cheat and I was like a billionaire or something xDD

And ik it's not a "sims" game, but I also have SimCity for the SNES. It's a great game; I used to play it a lot when I was younger. I've never gotten a megalopolis, though...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't mind graphics myself, honestly. The issue about 64 that really hasn't aged well was the camera...At least in my opinion that's the game's biggest flaw. It's got good replay value, still though.

Ever played a Pokemon game/do you have a favorite if you have played it?

I don't really have an issue with the camera on SM64. But it does bother me when it get stuck behind a wall or an object and you have to move around a lot to get it unstuck. Other than that I'm okay with it.

I have Red version on the GameBoy, Sapphire on the GBA, and Pearl on the DS. My favorite is probably Sapphire version, because the graphics are really good for a GBA game, and I like its compatibility with Fire Red/Leaf Green. I also have a level 90 Sceptile on Sapphire. That's the highest level I've ever gotten any of my starter pokemon.

I actually started out with Fire Red version when I was in 5th grade (about 7 years ago), but the person who gave it to me wanted it back right before I could beat the elite four.

Last edited:
Do you have a favourite Mario Kart game?

Well I absolutely LOVE Mario Kart 64 (N64 game again xD).
My favorite person to play as is Wario and my favorite tracks are Royal Raceway (because of Peach's castle) and Rainbow Road.

I also love MK Wii and MK8. Same character, but I like to race as Yellow Shy Guy a lot on MK8. I also like to race in the traditional pipe frame kart on there. I like the mach bike, flame runner, and corresponding bikes on MK Wii.

Still love rainbow road the most on each game (especially N64 Rainbow Road on MK8^^). I actually beat the staff ghost by 3 seconds on rainbow road on MK Wii.

Last edited:
if i tell you that game okami its protagonist its a wolf who its a god and mostly the story its all realted to a civilazation of japan where they mythological do exist
and the greatest villaian its a fish!

- - - Post Merge - - -

would you play it?

if i tell you that game okami its protagonist its a wolf who its a god and mostly the story its all realted to a civilazation of japan where they mythological do exist
and the greatest villaian its a fish!

- - - Post Merge - - -

would you play it?

Possibly. I actually prefer to jump on animals and eat weird things that make me look cool.

I knew that okami's Amaterasu was a white wolf with red stripes but that's all I knew. I'll prob watch someone play it before I decide if I want to or not.

Would you want to be able to say that you own a Virtual Boy?

Definitely! I've seen them around retro game stores, but recently I've been dying to actually have one!

I know that they can't be played for too long because they induce headaches for some people. I'm sure it would give me a headache, because even the 3D effect on 3DS gives me one.

But it's like a really cool novelty item, nonetheless. I would love to be able to say, I have a Virtual Boy, boiiiiiii!

I would also like to have an N64DD, but I'm sure they're really difficult to find.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But I kinda don't want to end up like James here...

James taping a virtual boy to his head.jpg

Possibly. I actually prefer to jump on animals and eat weird things that make me look cool.

I knew that okami's Amaterasu was a white wolf with red stripes but that's all I knew. I'll prob watch someone play it before I decide if I want to or not.

i would recommend chuggaaconroy he almost made 100% he only missing 3 but he hasnt passed the hd version but he wants to do it but aside from that his video are excellent about okami
it was thanks to him i got the game and made it to one of my favorite game in the wii

Definitely! I've seen them around retro game stores, but recently I've been dying to actually have one!

I know that they can't be played for too long because they induce headaches for some people. I'm sure it would give me a headache, because even the 3D effect on 3DS gives me one.

But it's like a really cool novelty item, nonetheless. I would love to be able to say, I have a Virtual Boy, boiiiiiii!

I would also like to have an N64DD, but I'm sure they're really difficult to find.

x

Last edited:
I don't have a Virtual Boy either, though i did order one that i never received
I do however have a 64DD, and love making F-ZERO tracks to add to my Japanese F-ZERO X cart

Sounds sweet :D

If I got something like that I wouldn't order it online. I'd buy one in person so I know exactly what I'm getting ^^

Back