• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What to add to my town?

DivaBlueGirl

Bells
Winter Mittens
My town is very underdeveloped (yet somehow I have perfect town status) and villager houses are just in random places, I have looked at other towns for inspiration on where to start but I just don't know! If someone could visit my town and give me tips I would really really appreciate it. My dream address is 7D00-002B-DFBC and my town is Paradise..yeah so creative I was 8 ok :rolleyes: Tysm if you do take the time to visit my town ♥ :)

I can help! I'll visit your Dream Address and get back to you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is your town theme Funky Town? lolololol

Last edited:
I'm in your town right now and I think the path is lovely, however I do think you should work on your flower placement since they're all jumbled and not in order. As I get further into your town it looks much better though.
I like where Grace is and how 4 villagers kind of circle around her house, it looks very nice. I'm not a fan of Liam's placement but that's just my opinion. I think he should have been given more space to maybe plant trees around if you wanted to.
I thought the section where Marshal & Greta live was going to be empty but it looks very nice, especially with the trees. I think you should have more of a variety of trees like cedars and fruits to make it look like a mini forest. Near Greta's house the flower placement again is a bit off but with the hammock and play thing (forgot what it's called) you could make a park maybe?
Grace's house is very cute too and her character design is cute too.
Overall, for an underdeveloped town it's good. If you're looking for a certain theme I think pastel would definitely suit it. Your pattern of white and pink flowers is adorable and you should keep going with that!
For the villager's placements I think you can definitely work around them, I don't plot reset so some of my villager's placements aren't great but it's fine.
Try to get fairy tale PWP's from normal villagers and I think it's going to look great.

Last edited:
I like where Grace is and how 4 villagers kind of circle around her house, it looks very nice. some of my villager's placements aren't great but it's fine.
Try to get fairy tale PWP's from normal villagers and I think it's going to look great.
I didn't even realise the villagers circle around my house haha, thanks for the advice! x

Last edited:
IMG_2002.jpg

Right, so firstly, I think you should add something next to the police station in spot 1 (yes I just took a photo of your town on my phone and drew over it with paint). I think the caf? would look lovely there and fill that empty place. Secondly, I think something small like the stone tablet would look nice in that 5x5 bit of trees below Marshal's house to give it a mythical sort of feel, as I get fantasy vibes from your town.

Also, the clearing behind the placement you have your caf? in now could be converted into a park using a fountain and the metal bench or putting the picnic basket there could turn it into a beach-y spot, as it's close to the cliff and you can hear the waves. Alternatively, you could put a picnic spot at the southern ramp that overlooks the ramp.

Finally, I think organising your flowers into fields could be a nice touch. Maybe that's just my preference, but if you have large empty spots, you could just fill it with coloured hybrids. (for example a pink rose field or an orange pansy field. I'm creating a rainbow tulip field lol) It can really give the appearance that there's stuff there when there's not and can help to make your town more scenic. Overall I like what you've done with your town, it's nice and cute!

Hope this helps!

WELP DOUBLE POST. Sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meant the town tune whoops! I always seem to say 'town theme' when I mean town tune...

Oh, well yes it is xD I just liked the way it sounded. And thank you for the advice! I can't move the caf? though as it can't be demolished it but that would have been a much better place to put it!

Back