• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

For those that still watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Corrie

Let the sun shine in!
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
I used to love MLP:FiM back in 2012-2013! I watched and loved seasons 1&2 and liked certain episodes in season 3 but eventually got into anime and lost interest. I watched the first episode of season 4 in around 2015 and couldn't get into it. Edit: oh, and I watched the first Equestria Girls Movie and didn't like it much so if the show has turned into that then maybe I shouldn't try it. XP

But now that I look back, I still like the show and have been tempted to get back into it. Problem is is that there are 3 seasons I have missed and wonder if it is worth going back to or have the recent episodes/seasons just sucked?

Anyone who still watches the show have any idea?

This should go without saying but if you clearly hate the show or think those that like it are freaks, please don't post something mean. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd say that the show has been pretty mediocre recently. The whole last season was forgettable to me. I used to look forward to new episodes, but this last season it was just going through the motions for me.

I still try to keep up along with a bunch of other shows but have had some reservations about the direction it's been taking in the last season. Season 3 was overall the worst, on top of being half the length of a normal season it had no idea what it was doing. S4 was pretty damn good and had a season arc a la S1. S5 was also solid, particularly the first half. S6 has been hit or miss, some episodes were golden, some were meh, some were pretty bad. Many of the original writers no longer write for the show, it's been excellent for their careers but I feel it's left its mark for the worse. Personally I'm hoping S7 (which is due this April) will be the last season, end it with the movie and a bang later this year.

If you're gonna watch anything I'd recommending checking out Pinkie Pride from S4 for sure. Best episode in the series IMO. Equestria Girls is pretty mediocre EXCEPT the 2nd movie Rainbow Rocks which is worth checking out. If you've got time to kill it's still worth catching up, just stay away from the fandom if you can help it.

Also inb4 "I don't like thing!" ****posters. :p

Last edited:
It's definitely worth giving the seasons you've missed a try....while some of the more recent episodes kinda made most of the fans go "ehh...", it's still interesting to see the further character development of the mane 6 and the other side characters. There's a great surprise for the CMCs, as well as a new character added to the manes!

that said, honestly, the Equestria Girls movies aren't worth it. The first one was passable at best, but the ones that followed all had the exact same plot structure: someone in the "human" world got corrupted by equestrian magic, turn evil, and the mane 6 save the day with the use of friendship. I mean, i know they do that in the actual show, but this had VERY little variation other than changing up the characters and the setting. I wasn't impressed with them at ALL.

I think it's definitely worth getting back into. The quality of the episodes vary from episode to episode, but that's always been the case in my opinion. But I will say the most recent season had some of the BEST episodes in the whole show, especially "Saddle Row Review." Funniest episode hands down. A lot has happened in the lore, too. The most recent season finale 2-parter really changed up the format of the finales though - the mane 6 take a backseat and a group of reformed villains save the day - so you might not like that, but I think it was interesting if nothing else (but personally I really liked it).

So yeah, it's a mixed bag of good and bad episodes since season 3, but it's absolutely worth watching.

I watch a few episodes here and there. Like the above poster said. Some episodes are good, some not so much.

Back