• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you approve of the job the President of the United States is doing?

Do approve of the job President Trump is currently doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No! Don't encourage him goddammit!

I'm not encouraging him believe me.

I'm not even taking a negative approach to this. I don't like how some people are. This is what I am talking about. I give my opinion and it damages my reputation, any possible friendships, and it gives bad first impressions.

If your opinion damages your reputation so much maybe.... just maybe...... your opinion sucks.

Also if you're worried about it so much just don't say anything?

"Everyone should have their opinion and be able to voice it. No matter what it is. Of course, that does not mean your opinion is always right. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion." - Tim McGraw

I'm not even taking a negative approach to this. I don't like how some people are. This is what I am talking about. I give my opinion and it damages my reputation, any possible friendships, and it gives bad first impressions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not going to get upset because he is stating that what's happening will affect the future.

Just gonna state first: italicizing or bolding your words isn't going to make your argument any stronger. Sorry. But I think you could take it differently too. If someone disagrees with your opinion, that's disagreeing, not hating or anything. Unless they're literally bashing you for having an opinion, that isn't your fault lol. Continuing on, if you can't handle having a civil discussion with people that disagree with you, it really isn't worth coming on these types of threads at all. People are going to disagree, you have said it yourself. Maybe try asking why doesn't the other person agree, or what their opinion is, or something like that. It is possible to be civil, you just have to choose to be civil yourself first.

"Everyone should have their opinion and be able to voice it. No matter what it is. Of course, that does not mean your opinion is always right. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion." - Tim McGraw

Cool! Didn't say anything against that. Just said that my opinion is that yours aren't very good and that's why you give me bad impressions.

Very well said, Vel. I disagree with you on many fronts of your post (and your others) but, nicely worded.

I hope you all do not take these threads too seriously and research and form your own opinions.

I will be taking an appearance on these threads less as I believe (you don't have to), "it's not worth it".

I feel sad that trump is going against clean energy just for "more jobs." What a long term damage for a short term thing. Like, you can find Americans more jobs elsewhere beside really damaging the environment some more. When China says you're ****ed up, you're ****ed up, and China is the leading cause of pollution. You know you messed up when China is scolding you.

I feel sad that trump is going against clean energy just for "more jobs." What a long term damage for a short term thing. Like, you can find Americans more jobs elsewhere beside really damaging the environment some more. When China says you're ****ed up, you're ****ed up, and China is the leading cause of pollution. You know you messed up when China is scolding you.

I agree, he cares more about materialistic things, such as money, or things money can buy. He doesn't seem to care for anything other than things you can own. He doesn't think about the environment (he probably thinks he can buy Mother Nature of something honestly), nor what will happen to it after he creates these "jobs." It's sad to see the world tilting toward materialistic things and needs when life is about things that you can't hold.

I know a lot of you guys don't believe in the afterlife, but from what I've read, people like him are forced to live (albeit temporarily) in a void of existence in which they witness all the materialistic things they love, but they are unable to indulge in them or interact with them in any way. Over time, their desires will fade, and that's when they're ready to leave.

Supposing that's true, I can't wait for Trump to have to go through that.

Imagine being priviledged enough to not care about his presidency or to say, "Let's give him a chance."
He already effed it up for people, and it's just 5 days in.

when a "opinion" is defending/supporting a racist, sexist, homophobic, white supremacist of a president and in support of his "political views" when it really is malice and bullying/targeting marginalized groups, of course people, especially members of said targeted marginalized groups are not going to have a great impression on those who are in support of their oppression. much less even want to associate with one.

I disapprove especially of the cutting of the funding for certain organizations

- - - Post Merge - - -

But I'm lucky enough to be in a position to say that I'll be fine after this is all over

Cool! Didn't say anything against that. Just said that my opinion is that yours aren't very good and that's why you give me bad impressions.

There is no such thing as a good or bad opinion.
You can disagree and/or dislike somebody's opinion. That doesn't make your opinion a good one and theirs bad. Even if their opinion reflects badly on them for whatever reason. It's still just that, an opinion.

I think (or hope) Trump is just trying to make an impression at the moment. I see it as a bit of a novelty to him...
Hoping that once it wears off the job might lose its shine for him. Could go the opposite way of course

Last edited:
You can disagree and/or dislike somebody's opinion. That doesn't make your opinion a good one and theirs bad. Even if their opinion reflects badly on them for whatever reason. It's still just that, an opinion.
Sorry but I have to disagree. "Good" opinions are subjective. However, a stupid, terrible opinion would be something like, "All men are pigs. It's alright for me to kill myself and my children so this filthy man will never get custody or see his children again. (Yes, that has happened.)" or, "All women should respect the stronger sex. It's alright to hit them when they misbehave. Women should know their place." It reflects you as a selfish human being who does not deserve to be heard. Even if those opinions are extreme, they make no sense. You can't just say, "oh it's an opinion it's okay they can say whatever the hell they want, I won't judge them"

Last edited:
Sorry but I have to disagree. "Good" opinions are subjective. However, a stupid, terrible opinion would be something like, "All men are pigs. It's alright for me to kill myself and my children so this filthy man will never get custody or see his children again. (Yes, that has happened.)" or, "All women should respect the stronger sex. It's alright to hit them when they misbehave. Women should know their place." It reflects you as a selfish human being who does not deserve to be heard. Even if those opinions are extreme, they make no sense. You can't just say, "oh it's an opinion it's okay they can say whatever the hell they want, I won't judge them"

At what point did I say it's okay for somebody to say whatever they want? People should be respectful with their opinions, that would be great. But there is no opinion police to say which is good or bad. Especially in a subject like this. Not the extreme examples you gave.
Never in a conversation have I ever heard anybody say ' that is such a bad opinion'. They disagree with it maybe. But I've never debated anything with somebody to be told my opinion is wrong. Because that's ridiculous

Last edited:
He's already said that the wall is getting started, as well as he will begin to ban muslims from certain countries.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, you know what I find incredibly ironic? All these people are against raising taxs, yet the only way this worthless wall is getting paid is by the american people. Donald Trump is prioritizing the handful of americans who have been harmed by mexican immigrants while over in Flint Michigan thousands of people have been harmed by the unclean water. Or how about getting people health care?

Last edited:
All I've heard about him doing so far is approving of the pipeline and taking down the climate change, LGBT+ and civil rights webpages. And I heavily disapprove of all of that. So not off to a great start.

I have a suggestion. Since the EPA is silenced, I suggest we should save the environment ourselves. Plus, did you know eco-friendly methods of everyday life actually cost more money to produce little output? Coal, oil, and natural gas are not just responsible for the CO2 emissions, but what I learned is that they can be used anywhere at any time with no limits. And they cost less money to produce more output. Stuff like solar and wind energy, they may produce no waste or pollution, but they cost more to produce less output. And there are geographical limits to these kind of resources (except solar and biomass). Not only that, but coal and oil had manufacturing purposes rather than just energy.

We also get a lot of CO2 emissions from cars, but electric cars and hybrid cars are more expensive to move more slowly than gas-powered cars. So if you want the government to regulate how we save the environment, you're gonna have to face the consequences of economics.

At what point did I say it's okay for somebody to say whatever they want? People should be respectful with their opinions, that would be great. But there is no opinion police to say which is good or bad. Especially in a subject like this. Not the extreme examples you gave.
They were extreme for a point. Off topic, but it was for a point. Of course no one would say your opinions were bad because they're not that extreme.
Maybe I misread a few things. But isn't it an opinion to call an opinion good or bad? But then again, everything's subjective.

Last edited:
We also get a lot of CO2 emissions from cars, but electric cars and hybrid cars are more expensive to move more slowly than gas-powered cars. So if you want the government to regulate how we save the environment, you're gonna have to face the consequences of economics.

They're not more expensive though. I bought a used Prius (hybrid) about a year ago for $10k. It's really easy to get a used Nissan Leaf (electric) for less than $10k. In a country where so many people like to buy brand new $50k+ SUVs and trucks that have love burning gas... yeah. People can afford to buy electrics and hybrids. They just don't.

People could also learn to not be lazy and walk more. That would help. I had co-workers in my previous job who would literally get in their car to drive to a fast food restaurant across the street for lunch. ACROSS THE STREET!

I think (or hope) Trump is just trying to make an impression at the moment. I see it as a bit of a novelty to him...
Hoping that once it wears off the job might lose its shine for him. Could go the opposite way of course

Mmmm sorry but there are definitely good and bad opinions.
If your "opinion" is that those of a different race, religion, sexuality, or gender/gender identity should be treated lesser then your opinion is bad, and that's putting it lightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back