• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A new kind of marking for unorderable items

verb1999

Bells
I've been playing New Leaf coming up on a year now, almost. And this was the first Animal Crossing game I played. It was surprising to me when I learned early on that you couldn't reorder certain items. I really shot myself in the foot early on too, because I acquired a couple sloppy pieces of furniture, which I really liked, but without knowing I couldn't order them again, I sold them back to Re-Tail in order to conserve space. I was figuring when I had all the pieces, I would just order the entire set from the kiosk.

There are other items in the game that are unorderable. Some are obvious, some not so much. My idea, is that when you're holding any item that is unorderable in your storage, it's leaf (or hat, or shirt, or whatever the item is) should be represented differently. Be it by color, or shape, or whatever. Even outlining the leaf in white, or gold, or red, something noticeable. That way it's marked and you know to hang onto it if it's something you'd want for future use.

I also feel like this was a feature that should have been implemented. It's crazy that they wouldn't added this feature to a game with thousands of things to collect with hundreds that are not orderable. Especially since they don't even give us a lot of storage :( Just a silly decision on their part!

I've been playing New Leaf coming up on a year now, almost. And this was the first Animal Crossing game I played. It was surprising to me when I learned early on that you couldn't reorder certain items. I really shot myself in the foot early on too, because I acquired a couple sloppy pieces of furniture, which I really liked, but without knowing I couldn't order them again, I sold them back to Re-Tail in order to conserve space. I was figuring when I had all the pieces, I would just order the entire set from the kiosk.

There are other items in the game that are unorderable. Some are obvious, some not so much. My idea, is that when you're holding any item that is unorderable in your storage, it's leaf (or hat, or shirt, or whatever the item is) should be represented differently. Be it by color, or shape, or whatever. Even outlining the leaf in white, or gold, or red, something noticeable. That way it's marked and you know to hang onto it if it's something you'd want for future use.

Great idea.

I agree. It's definitely hard to keep track of. I have memorized a lot of which items are orderable vs unorderable but even still there are certain items I am confused by and forget. Gaaah. XP

This would be a great feature, and so simple to add. I think a simple colour change would suffice, like blue or maybe gold.

I agree if wasn't for the internet I would have made so many mystakes with that

Last edited:
Yea... certainly an oversight (I guess) on Nintendo's part, but I guess they figured that players would...
- keep and split these items between the 4 villagers they can make. Maxing out each character's house (main, left, right, back, 2nd floor, basement - all 8x8), you can potentially hold 24 sets between each room with some planning (that only leaves 13-16 sets to allocate).
- store some sets in the museum (you get 4 rooms, so that brings allocation down to 9-12)
- store them in the post office via letters (you have 160 slots per character, so that takes care of the rest)

Not counting impossible to get series (discontinued DLC) and optional sets such as Sanrio, Mario, Gulliver, and Pascal, there's 37 series to collect and all 4 characters can theoretically hold them between their homes, storage, and post office. While they probably should have a way to distinguish between un-orderable and re-orderable, the various allowances given (4 characters, all the holding space each character has) practically demand that the aforementioned measures be used so that you don't sell them to make space and lose access. Not to mention that guides exist (the American guides such as Prima suck, but information online is abundant).

Last edited:
Back