• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mii face vs. accesories

MajorJess

Bells
Do you like to use a mii face, or AC:NL accessories/hair styles? I personally like the animal crossing designs more because of how well they fit in with the game, but I've seen some mii faces that I really loved and have considered using Mii faces more with my characters.

Sometimes I switch back and forth, and it's nice how the makeup can be switched seemlessly with your hairstyle/animal crossing look. :3

What about you?

And feel free to share pics of your mii face or animal crossing character's look!
I've love to see photos if you have them. <3

I pretty much never use Mii faces, but - like you - I have seen some that I thought really looked good. I was actually just in a dream town tonight where the mayor had a Mii face, and I thought it went really well with the clothes and look they had chosen. Maybe I'll experiment more with it!

I actually like the way my mii face looks on my character, especially since it is more customisable than the ACNL faces. Like half the girl mayors I've met have had the same face, hairstyle, etc as me. Where as a mii will almost be guaranteed to be unique. However, I think it is just slightly to big for the body for my taste so I don't often use it.

I pretty much never use Mii faces, but - like you - I have seen some that I thought really looked good. I was actually just in a dream town tonight where the mayor had a Mii face, and I thought it went really well with the clothes and look they had chosen. Maybe I'll experiment more with it!

Yeah, I'm thinking about experimenting with mine more, too, to find a look that really works. :)

I actually like the way my mii face looks on my character, especially since it is more customisable than the ACNL faces. Like half the girl mayors I've met have had the same face, hairstyle, etc as me. Where as a mii will almost be guaranteed to be unique. However, I think it is just slightly to big for the body for my taste so I don't often use it.

Yeah, sometimes they do just feel too big.

I also really like the unique factor to them, tho!
If only we could add accessories to them mii faces, that would add sooo much more originality to them x_x

Last edited:
I have one town with my character in a mii face. I pretty much need him in it otherwise he wouldn't make sense.

I think they just look too weird, the acnl faces look cute anyway! (well come of them)

I never used mii faces personally. I think they look strange and they don't really fit with the look I want to go for. I have seen some that look ok, but overall I have not been impressed with them.

does anyone know if your side characters can have different mii faces as well? I kind of want to try this but I have 3 other side characters so I don't want them to look out of place :eek:

Don't use mii faces, you'll lose your round cuteness of a face for crying out loud!

Mii faces are weird. I find it hard to make a mii I like. :/

I don't use them either. They somehow don't feel like they blend in with the game much to me. I'd rather use what the game offers. I also use hair qr codes to change it up a bit. :>

The Mii faces actually creep me out. They're much more oversized than the villager heads, and they feel less animated so there's a really unsettling "uncanny valley" vibe to it, it's hard to explain. Not only that but I love most of the accessories on my mayor, her look isn't complete without them.

I use a Mii mask c: I think it looks not as weird/creepy/not animal crossing themed as other ones (no offense)

my 2nd character has one since I had a specific look in mind when I created him and fits him perfectly without resulting creepy or tacky I choose the most round face and his features are really tiny to accomodate the style of the game he looks good to me ^^
but I don't know how add pictures unfortunately my mail doesen't support the 3ds browser

plus every character can have his\her own mask
my mayor has the 3ds mii one but I never use it in that case the features look all wrong XD

Last edited:
my 2nd character has one since I had a specific look in mind when I created him and fits him perfectly without resulting creepy or tacky I choose the most round face and his features are really tiny to accomodate the style of the game he looks good to me ^^
but I don't know how add pictures unfortunately my mail doesen't support the 3ds browser

maybe try posting it to Miiverse then downloading the picture on your computer? o:

never used miiverse I will try this then if works! ^^

tCw3NfH.jpg

ok the thing works great!

oh uh perhaps his head is on the large side and his face is different from animal crossing characters but at least it's not too weird (I think...)

Last edited:
I use my Mii mask sometimes. The only way for them to work is to not have a realistic-looking Mii mask.

I never ever use my mii mask. It looks ridiculous on me to be honest :p It makes my head look over inflated. And the fact that I'm constantly smiling with a wide grin makes it look weirder. I'm definitely on the creepy boat with the mii masks, most times they look terrifying!

Back