• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

LinkToTheWorld, I think it might have something to do with acres? Your town map is divided into mini invisible acres and apparently only a certain amount of villagers can move in there. If the acre is full, they won't move in. I'm sure you can find a map showing this somewhere on the internet. I promise, I covered every single space in my town except for a 3x3 (and a space in front of the door) and Erik moved into it without fail. Villagers will not destroy paths unless there is something preventing them from moving into the allotted space. In your case, if you're sure you left the proper space requirements, then it might have to do with having a crowded acre. Or you were too close to the event plaza.

If anyone is wondering, *here* is a thread specifically detailing the acres within the towns as Arize pointed out above. It saved my bacon and my town (though not before I had to complete two 16 villager cycles!) because I figured out that where I was trying to get villagers to move was a no go!

Is it weird that I'm actually almost looking forward to plot reseting after this update, I did it the good ole fashioned was TOO many times. I'll never forget the euphoria when Merengue finally plotted in the spot I had arranged for her... 4 days later!

Good luck to anyone plot resetting to get their perfect map, I assure you it's worth it!

map.jpg

I was understanding after the update if you left just one space without a pattern on they would move on that. If your whole town had pattern on the floor (where the houses could go) they would just choose a random spot.

Back