• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Battle Tree horror stories & help

toadsworthy

Tangsworthy
Bells
Switch
1777-6372-7112
Yellow Balloon
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Red Balloon
Dreamy Party Popper
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Golden Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
New Year's Party Popper
I've been obsessed lately with trying to beat my battle tree high score!
Tweaking my team/ changing items/ different move sets often is all for naught once you encounter a broken Pok?mon

I am interested to hear other people's thoughts, experiences and run-ins with these really tough opponents, what's been working, advice, etc

Well sometimes you just can't beat someone, and it's bad luck. There is no team that can beat everything. The highest winning streak is a few thousand I believe (insane!)

The suggested teams right now are those with the most defenses. Scizor, garchomp, primarina, tapu fini, mega gyarados(?), and so on.

After so many defeats, I just decided to start using some of the Pokemon in the Battle Tree I had the most problems dealing with. Which happen to be Toxapex and Togedemaru. After adding those two to my team, I started winning more often, and I've beaten my streak twice now! Status conditions and stalling work well in the Battle Tree for me, as opposed to brute strength.

Stalling is quite a sneaky tactic and it really screws over teams not equipped with taunt or heal block. Which is most teams, evidently.

Last edited:
I was failing miserably at the Battle Tree until I put some strategy into it. I started using:

Kartana@Life Orb, Jolly w/
Smart Strike
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Sacred Sword

Primarina@Choice Specs, Modest (Been using my sttarter one which is timid), w/
Moonblast
Scald
Ice Beam
Sparkling Aria

Vikavolt@Leftovers, Modest/Timid w/
Volt Switch
Bug Buzz
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball

Now I made it to Super Singles and have a streak of 15 currently.

I had a team with Mega Scizor, Toxapex, and Choice Scarf Hydreigon... and it worked pretty well. I got up to about 30 twice, 50 once
I'm trying to use some ultra beasts next to see if it will get me further, but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for Celesteela and Guzzlord, especially because the natures I got were trash

On singles I use a Mega Salamence with jolly, evs invested in attack and speed. Dragon Claw, Protect, Double Edge and Earthquake.
A Jolly Kartana with a focus sash (because of the horrible sp def its normally a 1hko) Smart Strike, Sacred Sword, Night Slash and Leaf Blade. Usually if Salamence can't deal with it my Kartana finishes the job. The third slot I change constantly, but recently ive been using a Tapu Koko with expert belt.
On doubles I have Alolan Raichu and Tapu Koko because of the electric terrain combo. It's literally the same tapu koko I use on singles. Protect, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt and Volt Switch in case i need to run from the field. Raichu is a physical raichu (really sucky for psychic but damn that volt tackle packs a punch). The other two pokemon I use are the Kartana and Salamence. I got to 50 on doubles with this setup. I haven't tried to go further, but the only real difficulties youll find are lightingrod pokemon and full ground teams for your first setup. Other pokemon I tried are unaware Pyukumuku with soak and toxic (Really bulky build with recover and substitute). If the toxic didnt work the soak would make it easier for tapu koko or raichu. Bewear with swords dance, hammer arm, double edge and earthquake is also a good choice. I have also a bruxish and palossand but they didn't really convince me that much.

Tapu koko is my favourite opponent because it makes my electric team OP -- to the extent that snorlax and tapu koko itself is OHKO by thunderbolt.

On singles I use a Mega Salamence with jolly, evs invested in attack and speed. Dragon Claw, Protect, Double Edge and Earthquake.
A Jolly Kartana with a focus sash (because of the horrible sp def its normally a 1hko) Smart Strike, Sacred Sword, Night Slash and Leaf Blade. Usually if Salamence can't deal with it my Kartana finishes the job. The third slot I change constantly, but recently ive been using a Tapu Koko with expert belt.
On doubles I have Alolan Raichu and Tapu Koko because of the electric terrain combo. It's literally the same tapu koko I use on singles. Protect, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt and Volt Switch in case i need to run from the field. Raichu is a physical raichu (really sucky for psychic but damn that volt tackle packs a punch). The other two pokemon I use are the Kartana and Salamence. I got to 50 on doubles with this setup. I haven't tried to go further, but the only real difficulties youll find are lightingrod pokemon and full ground teams for your first setup. Other pokemon I tried are unaware Pyukumuku with soak and toxic (Really bulky build with recover and substitute). If the toxic didnt work the soak would make it easier for tapu koko or raichu. Bewear with swords dance, hammer arm, double edge and earthquake is also a good choice. I have also a bruxish and palossand but they didn't really convince me that much.

Second on the Focus Sash Kartana. I've lead with it up to 42 straight wins in Super Singles and there has been plenty of times where I've swept entire teams 3-0 with Kartana alone.

Back