• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon can't trust the GTS for anything...

buzzing

happy camper
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
just traded away my Tapu Lele for a Ditto nicknamed "6V" under the assumption that... you know... it would have 6 perfect IVs...
nope, it had very good special defense, speed, and defense, and the rest were decent-to-low... and my Tapu Lele is gone :,)
(it's okay because she wouldn't have been very viable competitively other than her Calm nature, considering the IVs she had, but it's still sad because she was really cute)

i put "6V" back up on the GTS in exchange for a different Ditto of any level, but i wish i could put a custom message up to warn people that it's not really a 6IV Ditto... i suppose i could send it off in wondertrade, but i didn't think of that until just now, so let me see if i can take it down real quick while i mope lol

edit: welp, 6V was gone when i hopped back on GTS to take it down, but good news is that the Ditto that i got in exchange had stats that were just as poor, so... equal exchange? sorry to whomever got their hopes up over it :,,,,,)

Last edited:
People aren't obligated to use correct or accurate nicknames so you are better off trading with people you know, or users on the forum that won't trick you. Sorry that you lost Tapu Lele over this nonsense.

Aw, that stinks. I would never lie in a nickname like that. That is just rude. I wish you could type in messages in gts like the last game. It is too hard to trade for HAs now.

Yeah, most of the people who inhabit GTS are 4 year-olds who put Carterpie up in exchange for Genesect. Sorry about your loss :(

I only use the GTS to fill my PokeDex, but I intentionally traded away my Solgaleo for a level 1 Drampa. The only regret I have is that I didn't get Cosmog before doing so, but I'm getting Moon soon so it's fine. My point is if you would miss the Pokemon, don't risk trading it for lies.

I could not fathom receiving decent trades from the gts... Hence why forums are my go to for pokemon trades :D I only ever use the GTS to fill my dex (easiest shiny charm yet). And even then, I was giving away Alakazams for jigglypuffs...

Lol , same.

Once a time ago , i searched a Ditto for a friend here with a specific nature and i got with 2 Dittos with "6IV" and 1 with "5IV" Only 1 had all those perfects 31 IV (that idk if that person hacked it (?) .

GTS is a joke , a really bad one. Its annoying how people ask for that legendary you can get only one moment and they give something like a starter , which you could breed easily . The worst part is this would be okay if atleast the pokemon they offer would be shiny or 6V but its actually the first thing that popped out , and they pretend to someone give them a unique legendary for something you can get in any time of the game ,smh.

Last edited:
I rarely use the GTS.. is basically just a huge scam.

Occasionally I'll get something worth it from the GTS, like the time I asked for a shiny Pokemon for my legendary and I actually got one. Usually, however, I just sit in disgust as I look at all the common Pokemon I need being offered for Meloetta or Genesect. It's like, "You people are greedy AF."

Occasionally I'll get something worth it from the GTS, like the time I asked for a shiny Pokemon for my legendary and I actually got one. Usually, however, I just sit in disgust as I look at all the common Pokemon I need being offered for Meloetta or Genesect. It's like, "You people are greedy AF."

Thats basically what it amounts to is greed lol

The GTS in my opinion is only good for Dex fillinh :/ other than that its crammed with people wanting Legendaries in exchange for their level 22 gardevoir >.<

Yeah, only use GTS for specific species of Pokemon, not specific genders, nicknames, stats, moves, and so forth.

I have a friend who has done this both in Gen 6 and now in Sun & Moon. It's unfortunate that the system can be gamed in such a way, but it helps people like him fill out their Pokedex, so it happens. I haven't really used the GTS in Sun & Moon other than to get Sun exclusive Pokemon like Passimian on my Moon game. If I'm trading to anyone other than myself, a friend, or someone from the forums here, it is usually a Wonder Trade because I tend to have a lot of breedjects with good IVs, Natures, etc. that I like to distribute to people instead of releasing.

Its only use tbh is postgame filling the pokedex. So far it helped me get 90% in my pokedex

It's for people like me who have no real life friends and can't trade for things. Except we have awesome communities like the Bell Tree forums, so I guess I don't need it. But for people not involved in online communities, it is there only option. I was really thankful for GTS in Sinnoh because that was the first time ever that I was able to get trade-only evolutions.

With the overabundance of ridiculous requests you get on the GTS, I never use it anymore. Only to really fill up my Dex with things I haven't obtained yet. But even then, it's a big challenge to get decent enough requests.

The GTS is trash thanks to people like that. But it's useful for some things. I also don't like that they removed custom messages. I mean, it's not like people respected what you wrote there in Generation 6 most of the time, but the "please and thanks" optional messages now just add to the derision.

Last edited:
You can sometimes get fair trades but the chances of that are insanely low so I don't bother with it. It's faster to make trades in online communities.

I mainly use the gts to get pokemon for my pokedex, and occasionally I'll actually get a good (breeding reject) from it but unless I'm searching for a legendary or a really rare pokemon, I'll turn the special pokemon option off.

Back