• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What if Nintendo made an animated series based in New Leaf?

Buster Bunny

Bells
Ok, the game is old, but got a nice update after years of it's original release.
But, what if Nintendo released an anime series or TV special about New Leaf.

We have a manga s?ries based in New Leaf which is exclusive to Japan though.

If they make it like the 2006 movie but with stuff and characters from New Leaf then it could work. I really want to see the characters from the movie again such as Ai, Yu, Rosie and Alfonso but this time in the New Leaf setting so we would also see Isabelle and others.

As long as its better than the movie they released, I'd be on board.

don't know merchandise or game based series are always dull compared to regular ones Japanese or western the result it's always this
probably I'll watch few episodes but nothing more than that

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
But I would rather see the movie characters. :)
(eg.Rosie,Whitney,Margie,etc...)

No. Let's just leave it as a video game. There are enough shows with talking animals already.

As long as its better than the movie they released, I'd be on board.

Then it needs to be even better than the movie which would be very hard to do since the movie was amazing.

No. Let's just leave it as a video game. There are enough shows with talking animals already.

All of those shows with talking animals would be nowhere as good as an Animal Crossing animated series (as long as it turns out to be as good or better than the movie that is).

Last edited:
i think it would be cute if it was just about the villagers and Isabelle!
i might be weird in thinking this... but i feel like it would take some of the immersion away from the game if it included a "Villager/Mayor" character, unless that character had a face that we couldn't get and a defined name/personality... kind of like how Ash stars in the Pokemon anime, but we couldn't ever really be Ash--only Red--so it was a separate... entity... or universe... or whatevs

Sounds good. But only is it's exactly like the manga.

Well, if Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Sonic, etc (Even Skylanders) did it. Then so will this.
But how will it turn out? Maybe have the Mario Kart 8 boy and girl Villager, Isabelle be the main characters. (Male villager being the star of the show)

And maybe the villagers can be:

1. Marshal
2. Rosie
3. Bob
4. Hamlet
5. Fauna
6. Fang
7. Whitney
8. Pheobe
9. Vivian
10. Apollo

If they make it like the 2006 movie but with stuff and characters from New Leaf then it could work. I really want to see the characters from the movie again such as Ai, Yu, Rosie and Alfonso but this time in the New Leaf setting so we would also see Isabelle and others.
I'd rather save that for the 2nd movie. Where the star of the movie becomes mayor, see new villagers, and Margie moves back in.

Well, if Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Sonic, etc (Even Skylanders) did it. Then so will this.
But how will it turn out? Maybe have the Mario Kart 8 boy and girl Villager, Isabelle be the main characters. (Male villager being the star of the show)

And maybe the villagers can be:

1. Marshal
2. Rosie
3. Bob
4. Hamlet
5. Fauna
6. Fang
7. Whitney
8. Pheobe
9. Vivian
10. Apollo

I'd rather save that for the 2nd movie. Where the star of the movie becomes mayor, see new villagers, and Margie moves back in.

Maybe they should switch out some of the villagers every few episodes (maybe have 2 or 3 permanent villagers) so we would get to see more villagers even though that would require more voice actors (unless the voice actors would voice more than one character). As for the 2nd movie, I feel like we need a completely different and new character to be the mayor. And please don't remind me of that Donkey Kong Country 'cartoon' ever again otherwise I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life... lol jking :p.

Guess we saw different movies.

What made you hate it? I personally liked the movie (the one that came out in 2006 and was Japanese only for a long time until an English fandub was made). In fact I liked it so much that it's my current favourite movie.

What made you hate it? I personally liked the movie (the one that came out in 2006 and was Japanese only for a long time until an English fandub was made). In fact I liked it so much that it's my current favourite movie.

I don't hate it. It simply bored me. I did see the Japanese one. I don't mind if it's in another language. The animation was beautiful but it just really really bored me.

If Nintendo doesn't do it, I'll make one myself.. jk I don't have the talent or experience for that X3 but it would be cute if they made one~ <3

The problem would be that with a series there would need to be a lot of plot. The game is super fun, but because the player can choose what they want to do, there isn't a big story. The movie did a good job with making a story, but I feel like a tv series could only run for a season unless they had a lot of creative ideas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It would be so cute though! I would definitely watch it!

If they did an movie then it would be funny if the main character found Wisp and invited Ganon to live in the town complete with a parody of his boss introduction in Hyrule Warriors for example.

The main characters are:

Truffles
Rasher
Quillson
Peaches
Beardo
Jambette
Wart Jr.
Charlise
Harry

Back