• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🌹Animal Crossing Journals: The 1 Year Challenge, 2017 Edition🌹

Day 7:

Yesterday's Goals
Goals For Tomorrow:
- Usual chores
- Move all of my flowers onto the beach
- Set up some flowers to breed for hybrids (black, purple, pink and blue colours)
- {OPTIONAL} Beetle farming
- {IF I BEETLE FARM} Pay off next mortgage

Goals I Completed:
- Daily chores
- I took all the flowers and dumped them on the beach
- I set up some 'lil hybrid formations for some black, blue, purple and orange flowers
- I farmed beetles for a 'lil bit (but I couldn't be bothered to go sell them, I'll do that tomorrow, and so I'll pay my mortgage tomorrow)

Other things that happened:
- Did some villager requests
- Built a Snowman; the Snowtyke will send me something tomorrow ^-^
- The garden shop opened

Goals for tomorrow:
- Usual chores (+ watering the hybrid gardens)
- Try and get some if not all of the rest of the fish [WEATHER DEPENDING]
- Build another Bingo snowman
- Beetle farm
- Pay off another mortgage

YAAaaaaayyy I got Julian and Octavian :D I'm not sure if they're dreamies yet though. The poll shall decide!

Day 7

Today in Burray Wart Jn moved in. His house looks awful and it's right in front of the train station so I think he will have to go.

I have plotted and paid for another suspension bridge.

Built a snowman.

Caught lots of beetles on the island for my next house extension. Donated a Whale shark and a Saw shark to the museum.

The gardening shop was open for the first time so I have an ax and can remove trees that are in the way.

1/7

- Invited Francine to move in, Victoria is in boxes (if anyone wants this little peppy horse gal, message me or vm me c: )
- FISHING. ALL. DAY. SO MUCH FISHING. I caught a goldfish and pop-eyed goldfish but it took FOREVER. Now I just need a freshwater goby @_@ Update: Caught it right after posting! January fish done! YAAAAS! Now to hunt down and organize the screen shots... urghk
- Chrissy is officially moved in
- Visited friend to get my melody dress, hat, and dresser. (15 MEOW spent)
- Spammed beetles until like 2am, re-filled savings.
- got dynamic painting from redd and famous painting from Ursala.
- 35/72 bugs caught, 22/30 diving caught, 41/72 fish caught
- more fishing
- talked to villagers so, so much. Did some favors for them~
- Forgot to mention that yesterday I got the fish maniac badge and the seafood maniac badge from phineas <3
- built new snow man~
- did the daily chores~ Sable remembers my name ^0^/
- Unlocked the jungle gym >:D YASSS. I LOVE THE SPINNY THING.
- Encountered a weird... glitch..? My campsite isn't showing up, but my message board is showing that it was completed. Will have to check back tomorrow morning. I dunno what I did @_@;; I'll keep you updated!

Didn't really do too much today other than fishing and interacting with villagers~ hope to do more soon~ going to work on PWP farming and messing with my layout~

Current residents:
- Victoria (moving out, Francine should place tomorrow)
- Freya
- Jambette (probably will move out for Etoile later)
- Curly (will probably move out for Bam)
- Punchy
- Static
- Ursala
- Bluebear
- Marshal
- Chrissy

Last edited:
After some hemming and hawing, I decided to join in on this challenge.
Preparations made: Writing down the villagers I'm hoping to get back throughout this year (just Knox and Freya, really).
I've made a lot of progress on this town, but a lot of it was due to time travel and some inventory help from a hacked share-town. So... Here goes nothing... *Tells Isabelle to erase the town*

Town name: Seoul
Character: Suyeon (female)
Town layout:
c785db654ee88a042d48d9d3f36f4f3e.png

Native Fruit: Peaches

I haven't posted for yesterday
summary of day 6 and day 7:
farmed beetles
got pyramid and rack of rice request
paid some more debt
talked to villagers and sent them mail with gifts as usual
daily chores around the town
set up more patterns to prevent villagers from moving onto paths

My progress thus far (since all stores sans Re-tail are closed for the night)...
- Planted my tree
- Spoke to my Villagers and Isabelle (since it's New Years, all I'll get from her today is the Rooster, nothing else)
- Picked all the peach trees, selling all but 27 normal + 1 perfect (I'll see if I can make that one area of land that only has the one house into some orchards once I have all my fruit)
- Got my tent squared away (got the lantern, bought the pachira, common bed, storage case, and common chair from Re-tail).
- Bought all the clothing from Able Sisters sans the hats from today, then sold everything but the Cat Dress.
- Bought the shovel and fishing rod from Nooklings as well as some Industrial Paper. Also bought the Billiard Table and Striped Closet (not that I foresee using these).
- Cataloged 18 fish w/ Blathers
- Donated 3 fossils
- Found the money rock (got all but the final bag without prior holes dug) as well as the ore rock
- Got stung by bees

Bell Count (as of save & quit): 30,200

So sad... I totally planted all of my peaches out of excitement when I got them so this morning I had all the fruits but peaches because they hadn't grown yet... so I mean, I succeeded but without a picture there is no evidence. X.X RIP me

How are you all getting pwp requests so fast?
I tried to do the diving trick and after two hours still nothing. My friendship isn't high enough yet I guess. Gotta work on that.

How are you all getting pwp requests so fast?
I tried to do the diving trick and after two hours still nothing. My friendship isn't high enough yet I guess. Gotta work on that.

I've only gotten two so far! First one was the diving trick, second one was random

Latibule Day 7 ~

- Garden shop opened!
- Started funding/payed off the Outdoor Chair
- Got three badges from Phineas (one for 50% of fishing encyclopedia and two for the 50% and 80% of the diving encyclopedia)!
- Felicity nicknamed me H-Star (not great but better than the two Goose was suggesting - Beefcake and Cleats)

Last edited:
sorry i never posted yesterday! i lost track of time and before i knew it, it was really late ;c i'll do yesterdays post now and at the end of today i'll do todays post c: might have to merge days together for next week since i'm back at work on tuesday, won't have much time to play/update as i have this week! ~

January 7th
★ house got upgraded
★ hamlet placed his house, moving in today!
★ graham moved in yesterday
★ went and gave willow a perfect apple.. in return she gave me a trash bin. seriously ????
★ caught a carp! taking my fish for january up to 24/30
★ still need to catch a dung beetle, ant, fly bagworm and centipede! 5/10 for bugs
★ campsite got built! celebrated with the residents
★ joined club tortimer - went and checked it out but there was only me and another girl who didn't wanna talk lol. played a few tournaments to get some medals for a wetsuit!
★ visited someones town for etoile's items - socks, shoes & a pin!
★ watered flowers
★ talked a bit more to the residents. iggy and marcel invited me over to their houses at certain times and i never went. hoping it'll decrease friendship so they can leave lol
★ paid off home loan again!
★ also made a new design - a top (you can see it on the pic where i paid off the loan)
★ bought out nook/ables and also checked out the new garden shop! no axe yet ;w;
★ talked to sable - we're on speaking terms now. cmon grl gimme dat qr machine ~~~
★ did a tiny bit of beetle farming, nothing major, hoping to be more productive today!

i'm loving reading everyone's entries btw c: keep it up!! happy 1 week <3~~

32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg

Last edited:
Challenge 1 has ended! I am pleased to say that the following people have succeeded!

~=Dakota=~.jpgCarly, Mayor of Caketon.jpgHazel.jpglittle_caicai.jpglittletwinclouds.jpgmisspiggy95.jpgmocha..jpgNanako.jpgNeonStardust.jpgPyxie.jpgRainyks.jpgRoxer9000.jpgShesmyevangeline.jpg

The challenges are not over yet! We still have the current monthly challenges goung as well as this weeks new challenge! Which is...

8th-14th January - Go to the Island and save up at least 50 medals! Take a photo of the amount of medals you hve and post it to the #the_challenge channel in the Discord server OR VM it to me if you do not use Discord.

Prizes for the first challenge will be distributed later today as well as amiibo visits! But we have a tie-breaker between Isabelle and Marty! So if you haven't already, vote on the poll below and pick your wanted character!

https://goo.gl/forms/jQ5ADb8NA7rxgsGB2

That will be all, thank you everyone for making this year's challenge a success so far!

Holy fruit collectors. I only like apples/oranges so I didn't bother with the collect-a-thon. :lemon:

Island medals are something I can do, though! Just have to remember to take a picture before I spend them...

Man I collected over 100 medals yesterday to get some items, looks like its back to the island for me xD

Noice all I got was a pear from Hans xD
Also how do you unlock TT island?
CAICAI Hans is in boxes!!!

Day 8~

Didn't get too much done today - got a 'lil bored of playing.

- Sold all of yesterday's beetles
- Paid off mortgage
- Failed at making a snowman
- Usual chores~~
- House is getting the 2nd floor tomorrow
- Got an axe and began DEFORESTING my town.
- Got an orange hybrid
- Doc pinged to move out on the 15th - I let him as he's not one of my dreamies (PLEASE PM IF ANYONE WANTS HIM!)
- Played a game of hide-n-seek
- Caught Whitney a pill bug

Hope to get more done tomorrow - including some beetle farming. Maybe I'll have adopted a dreamie then too!

Back