• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can I transfer my game?

Trystin

yikes
Bells
Green Candy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
I'm getting a new 3DS for Christmas and I just realised that about a month ago on the 3DS I already have, I bought HHD from the eShop. Will I be able to transfer the data from my old 3DS to my new 3DS or did I waste $25..?

I'm not too knowledgeable in this field, but I'm pretty sure you could just switch the SD cards? The data from HHD would be on the card so you can put the one from your old 3DS into the new one and it should probably transfer it. I have no idea if that is correct but it's what I would think you would do! (Good luck ^_^)

If you mean new 3DS by getting a new one but still the old version of the 3DS, then no. If you mean you're getting the new version of the 3DS then yes. But I'm not too sure I could be wrong about the first thing I said, but I know that the second thing I said is correct, I'm 100% positive.

Yes it's in the settings

That's what I did with my old 3ds but be warned that if you bought any new games on the new 3ds it probably will get deleted

You can do a system transfer, and everything will transfer over. Keep the SD card, just in case.

I did this yesterday; you don't even need to switch the SD cards if you transfer it all by the internet, since I know the new 3DS can be a hassle to remove the SD card.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did this yesterday; you don't even need to switch the SD cards if you transfer it all by the internet, since I know the new 3DS can be a hassle to remove the SD card.

Just make sure you have a Nintendo Network ID so you can re-download your game from the eshop after :)

Back