• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever NOT wanted a certain neighbor because of their popularity?

:Y I don't really care about popularity;; I only care about how much villagers appeal to me and me only.

No. I don't let anyone influence my opinion of villagers. Whether or not a villager is well-liked is irrelevant to me, I'm not going to deprive myself of something that I like based on the opinions of other people.

nah i don't care, i like who i want and anyone should be able to like whatever villagers they like if they're popular or not.

No, I think it's ridiculous to like or dislike a villager because of common statistics. If you're dissing on a villager because they're popular, you're doing the exact same thing people generalizing tier 5s as "ugly" are.
This game is about having your town and villagers the way YOU want. Of course, it peevs me off when players think I have certain villagers because of their tiers, but I guess they can think what they want to think.

Yeah, Marshal. I only like him because I love the squirrel villagers.

Last edited:
eh, not really. i like the villagers i like and popularity or lack thereof isn't gonna change that.

To me that's somewhat the same as not wanting a villager because they're unpopular. I just get who I like.

I've never let popularity influence who I want in my town. I actually get attached to villagers that have been in my town for a long time, because I've grown to love them. There are some more aesthetically pleasing villagers out there, maybe, but I had a hard time letting go of unpopular villagers like Peewee, Bree, and Boone because they had been with me for so long. I guess I'm a sentimental sap lol.

Now my town is full of what I guess you could consider "popular villagers", but I just really like them for their appearance or personality. I do have a hard time liking peppy villagers though. Their personality just irritates me so much. The only one I can tolerate is Wendy, I guess because she's cute.

I got a lot of popular guys in mine. But that was a total accident and Whitney happened as a fluke. I, however, really dont like Marshall and have no idea how that dude got popular and why. I happened to like all the wolf characters in general and didnt realize they were super super popular.

My favorite villager is actually Lyman and he moved ages ago and i was very sad. Drago moved in his place, and i love Drago. But Lyman...no one can replace Lyman. His card is coming in the mail, so he'll be returning and that means im likely booting out Lolly (a tier 1!) for him. Because Lyman is really that special.

I could care less what tier my favorite villagers are in. My favorite villager(Biskit), is a very low tier 4(the update villagers will likely push him into 5). Whenever my favorite villagers move up a tier, feel happy for them, but that doesn't make me like them anymore than the ones that are low tier.

Yep, I don't like any of the wolves because of it. I'm not saying I would kick them out :eek: but I have Wolfgang and I'm not a huge fan because of how many people I have met that are obsessed with only the wolves.

Nope, I've loved Ketchup since forever, not gonna let her seemingly popular status ruin that for me.

nah cause I'm not a hipster

Honestly, any popular villager I don't like is because I don't like them, not cause they are popular. Like Diana. She is popular but I didnt like her from day 1.

I kinda dislike that too, I had Sterling and Rudy since the beginning and then BOOM I found out that they were somewhat popular! :( Well I make myself feel better knowing all the time I've spent with them :). This is why I love those bland and plain villagers like Rodeo.

Well, Marshal, Julian and Merangue were so popular. They were talked about all the time. Almost everyone wanted them, and they were in almost every dream town I visited. I gave away my Marshal and Julian, ( random move ins) because to me, they were just so common. I was sick of them. I had no desire to have them in my town. I love getting villagers that I'm unfamiliar with. However, I don't dislike any villagers because they're popular.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nope, I've loved Ketchup since forever, not gonna let her seemingly popular status ruin that for me.

This. I've always loved her, and never dreamed I could actually have her in new leaf. Now I have her, and I don't care how popular she is. She's adorable.

No, it doesn't turn me off if they're popular. I think some of them are really cute. People's opinion about them or any villagers, popular or not, doesn't affect me.

marshal tbh. the hype for him is way overblown. i think he's cute and moreso, his house and his color scheme would go perfectly with the one i've got in my town, but i'm always so disinclined towards him because of the intense fervor of people for him just makes it seem like he could never live up to it as a character.

on the contrast, i've got julian and i've never regretted it for a second lol.

anyways, it's all whatev. different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:
I dislike Marshal. I used to have him, and I, for one, think he's totally overrated.

Back