• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New 3DS (regular size) customization

maplecheek

Bells
Tasty Cake
Pink Hybrid Lily
Peach (Fruit)
Orange Candy
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
I got a new 3DS happy home designer bundle, which is NOT the XL version (too big for me), and while I am happy with the console, I am frustrated at the lack of customization it has, which is ironic because it's the one with faceplates. HOWEVER all the new and easily attained accessories that come out are for XL versions only!!!!!

There are choices for faceplates that I can import but nothing from outside companies and barely anything besides annoying nintendo character designs :( So my choices are only the japanese plates UUUUUGHHH and I don't like any of them! I hate the faces ACNL plates and there are only a handful of plain designs which are just meh.

The only reason I wish I got the XL is so I can get more choices of decorative covers, including the silicone cat covers and various san-x covers... It was also a pain to find a clear jewel case for the regular new 3DS.

Anyone else have the new 3DS regular? How do you decorate yours?

The silicone cat cover is a dust magnet, pretty irritating to clean it all the time but it does look cute.

I use the Mario, Splatoon, Majora's Mask, Triforce and Monado plates. I also change the home theme, depending on which plates I use.

I have the HHD bundle 3DS, and I bought a Venusaur Skin from someone on Etsy. It's kinda fading, but I've loved it. I also bought Charizard, Blastoise, and Pikachu skins but I haven't used them yet.

thanks for the responses! I am feeling better about customization after finally changing out the HHD.

I decided to try some pattern plates and got the gold dot 027 plate which looks okay after I decorated it with some of my own stickers. Also ordered My Melody plates in preparation for the winter update.

Good idea to change the home theme along with the plates!

I haven't played pokemon since the really old games like Gold... not sure if I can adapt to the modern pokemon games because they look so different (tried pokemon x but didn't last) so I don't feel like a real fan anymore but... maybe I'll get back into it somehow and feel more excited about pokemon skins~

I find myself wishing I went for the smaller ds now, I hadn't bothered to think about cover plates at the time and really wanting to customise it now :( also wishing I had bought one of the special editions. It's too late now but I've been looking at the majoras mask and animal crossing 3ds' and they just look so cool compared with my boring plain one :( the cold one covers are a real pain, I don't like them at all.

I prefer the smaller ds, but the XL has much cooler cases and designs. It is kind of annoying. I use a clear case that came with Dream Drop Distance. It protects the system and has Kingdom Hearts characters on it. My old ds has a decal with lightning on it.

I find myself wishing I went for the smaller ds now, I hadn't bothered to think about cover plates at the time and really wanting to customise it now :( also wishing I had bought one of the special editions. It's too late now but I've been looking at the majoras mask and animal crossing 3ds' and they just look so cool compared with my boring plain one :( the cold one covers are a real pain, I don't like them at all.

XL has way more choices if you are choosing from cases though! Look them up on google. You just have to know where to look. Coverplates only come in around 50 choices but since XL is so popular a lot of companies are designing and creating cases for the XL. That's why I was complaining in my first post.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I prefer the smaller ds, but the XL has much cooler cases and designs. It is kind of annoying. I use a clear case that came with Dream Drop Distance. It protects the system and has Kingdom Hearts characters on it. My old ds has a decal with lightning on it.

This is how I feel but I went with the smaller because the XL just felt too big. Do you have an XL or the regular? (assuming you meant regular?)

I have a regular 3ds in midnight purple. My brother has a 3ds XL and I tried it once to use amiibo in Fire Emblem. It doesn't really seem like a handheld since it doesn't really fit into pockets well. Though after trying his my screen looked really small for a bit. lol

Back