• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

I'm still re-reading the thread but before I can start pulling my thoughts together I need to check something : how *sure* are we that there is only 2 Mafia total? And why?

This first mention I can find of any specific number is in post # 82 by Toads :

~ snip ~

kill power for mafia is almost always # of people in mafia Divided by two and rounded up. Since there is two mafia in this open set up they can kill one person at night

- - - Post Merge - - -

I say almost always because there can be some weird stuff.... but for this game its the thing I just provided above

followed shortly by post # 88 by Kat :

@Menchie Basically what Toads said - KP won't rise in this game. Since there's only two mafians in this game, it starts as 1 KP, and mafia can't gain any members, so the only way they've got is down.

yet the OP states (in Set-up information) that :

For this set up, I will choose 1 row or column from this table. Depending on what I choose, that will be the set-up of this game and it will be up to you the players to work with whatever set-up was chosen. For example: if I were to choose row 3, then the game would feature 1 Mafia goon, a 1-shot bulletproof, and a Tracker. If I chose this, then the rest of the roles would be filled up with Vanilla townies and 1-2 extra Mafia Goons. For your convenience, I have placed all of the Role PM's in the following spoiler~

which I had took to mean that there would be 2-3 Mafia in total. I don't understand how these games are "balanced" so given two experienced players stated there were 2 Mafia players I was okay letting that ride unless/until it became relevant. But given people are now starting to decide who the remaining - singular - Mafia is, I need to know why we're only looking for one more so I can narrow down my focus.

- - - Post Merge - - -

EBWOP : quote from OP should have been an actual quote

*.. which I HAD TAKEN to mean..

And apologies if I'm missing the obvious somehow, any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Absolutely certain. This is also in the OP:
OP said:
Players still alive: 8/9

Mafia still alive: 1/2

Mafia Killing Power: 1

Ness specified 2 mafia were at the beginning of the game, and that 1 remains.

menchies is town though. her questions are literally so innocent

ok well if cop dies don't say I didn't warn you guys

menchies is town though. her questions are literally so innocent

ok well if cop dies don't say I didn't warn you guys
I mean you wouldn't think scum would ask them, but that overdefensiveness is a point of concern and she put suspicion on Sparro over Iwase (which is whom she voted) without apparently knowing Fleshy was scum soo...

The questions are great, but she isnt really getting her opinion out. The only thing she's focusing on is her Sparro suspicion from the beginning of D1.

sparros town too, he towntold + i don't see why he wouldn't have voted to prevent fleshy from dying

so basically its toads/nightmare/menchie

but i tr menchie

@Menchie, Toads, and Nightmares: What do you think about the other two?

Umm... I don't see Menchie as particularly scum....she said she was unsure who to vote for and chose I--whatever to lynch like me..... she's a new player right? I don't think it's fair to point out her uncertainty as being scummy (I literally have no idea myself so rip)
And Toad? Maybe slightly more scummy than Menchie but idk

First off, yes, you're correct about the color scheme.

When you get back, I want some elaboration and the last 3 reads. But for now:

Iwase: There's no opinion at all in that post. It just states what you perceive as fact. First off, no. Its due to inactivity, her RQs seeming weird with "Town or scum", and then I added on reluctance to give reads and she used ATE (appeal to emotion).
Second off, if you believed that's the reason she's being lynched, why aren't you fighting it? Basing accusations off of nothing is scummy af.

Fleshy: Again, no opinion at all in that post. But no comment on his interactions over the course of the last 24 hours? And why no comment during the Fleshy pushing?

Nightmares: Where'd she say she was null on you?

Menchie: What's your opinion on post #123? (it's a post of menchie's)..

Nice

I didn't fight it, I wanted clarification first. I thought I'd end up making myself look like a fool if I fought for no reason over it.
Looking back at it now, Eleanor seemed quite calm while answering questions based on that. Along with that, a weird RQS doesn't really seem that much like a reason to throw someone's under the guillotine for. I get that it may have seemed scummy right away, but that isn't enough to go on to call somebody scum. Along with that, timezones are a thing, which could explain his inactivity. We also don't know what's going on behind the screen with him so we can't judge from there. The reluctance to give reads could just show that he's nervous to do so, and he's afraid to get it wrong. I'm not saying it is, but if it really is, don't be afraid El! If it isn't, sorry for assuming.

With Fleshy, something I should've seen earlier was his overall defensiveness to anything posted. I mean, I said this,

My gut would point at Fleshy at the moment, but according to their RQS they live in the GMT timezone. That's 8 hours ahead of me right now, which would mean that it would be about 3 AM for him. We have 24 hours left to go on, that's plenty of time. We can wait for him to hop on before we jump to any conclusions on him.

in which I state we should give time for him to hop on after looking at his timezone, and his response,

Is there anything other than my "lurking" and inactivity that makes you point at me just now? but yeah, not to make excuses for being ****ty but the timezones do make things tricky, things usually go down when it's late for me, meaning i'm either sleeping or too tired to respond (as last night), and when i'm up and focusing on the game, not many others are.

He was a little bit defensive about it. He even posted in the final paragraph in the post that he "would see inactivity as a big scumtell for anyone" but he carried on by saying, "this is normal for me though". He basically just outed himself for something he was guilty of and made it seem as if it was a normal thing.

I really wish I had noticed this when it happened, and that I had paid more attention to what he said before blowing it off. I would've probably felt prouder about the fact that we lynched a mafia if I actually kinda contributed. Because of that I didn't even bother to comment on him at all.

As for your question about menchies, I blew that off as just curiosity.

Nightmares had me as null in this read:

Im honestly stuck right now I'm sorry >.>

Toad doesn't really seem Mafia to me (at least yet), and I don't think him being kinda "emotional" or defensive / whatever means he is.... (I'm both these things but I'm always Town...)
Entropy is someone who I'm unsure about.... She's really active and making a lot of posts but I don't know whether her......not sure how to work it.....um...."zooming in" on certain people is her just trying to figure...things....out....or her just trying an excuse to scum read someone off. I'm more of a Town lean on her though as she is making some valid points.
Somebody mentioned how Fleshy's RPQ (I can't remember what it's actually called, but the question thing) seemed forced, but I don't see that at all. They don't come out as particularly scum to me......I don't know what else to say rip
Sparro...........he's null at the moment. I'm taking that thing in the beginning as him just trying to get the game started - after all, Day 1 is always the slowest (imo at least rip...I'm always stuck with how to start posting and what to say so...)
Everyone else.....UMMMMMM

The reason I went with a Iwaseleanor lynch is because I'd try and help with a....majority lynch?? Is that it?? O-o
Idk I just think getting someone lynched D1 is good; in my past experience, loads of people have said a D1 lynch is important so...I thought I'd at least help someone out and vote the same >.<;; Maybe this is a bad tactic of something, but I really need to vote before I go to bed eee

Also I'm sorry if this makes no sense and I sound stupid lmaoo

oh wow now that i reread nightmares reads post I think she's the last maf

she mentioned everyone who was a hot topic d1 except she didn't mention anything on fleshy - despite me voting for him and others saying that he's scummy. she voted for Eleanor cuz she says she wanted to help reach majority but didn't state why she voted Eleanor over fleshy (who I was voting on at the time)

@Menchie, Toads, and Nightmares: What do you think about the other two?

Menchie again doesn't strike me as scum at all. The question about killpower at the start just seem so innocent, as well as everything else. Votes about dying from not voting. I feel like she would've had all her questions answered by a partner. The fact that she asks them so quickly in thread, just seems so not scum to me.

Nightmares is unsure about everything. Even when brought down to us three she doesn't sound very convincing about the others, but playing the fence won't really get her anywhere. So if were looking at definitely lynching one of those three, I would pick Nightmares.

Again, don't know why I've been seen as so scummy? People just say, "ATE which seems like his play style" and guess what you are right, but Entropy just keeps plowing into me and everyone believes it. I addressed the questions she had of me and I'm a townie as townie can be...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Asks about dying from not voting*

goodness gracious toads im like 1 of 2 people that scumread u

your interactions w fleshy look bad and previously i already said it's not JUST about ATE

anyway that was before i reread what sparro quoted

oh wow now that i reread nightmares reads post I think she's the last maf

she mentioned everyone who was a hot topic d1 except she didn't mention anything on fleshy - despite me voting for him and others saying that he's scummy. she voted for Eleanor cuz she says she wanted to help reach majority but didn't state why she voted Eleanor over fleshy (who I was voting on at the time)

She did say a little bit about Fleshy, but the most she said was,

[/quote=nightmares]Somebody mentioned how Fleshy's RPQ (I can't remember what it's actually called, but the question thing) seemed forced, but I don't see that at all. They don't come out as particularly scum to me......I don't know what else to say rip [/quote]

So I guess you're right when you say that she didn't say anything. They didn't really back up the claim of "I don't see that at all". They said "I don't know what to say". If she's able to explain why she didn't notice anything off about fleshy, I think I'll lay off her, but for now, she's my primary suspect. My reasoning for this is as you said, along with the fact that if you really were town, I feel like you would've explained why you didn't see the "forced" RQS rather than just throwing it out their, as she could've actually changed some opinions if she put out the effort to explain.

Alright I'm awake for reals this time, and we have about half an hour before N1 ends - and one of us will die, unless saved by a blue power role. Anyone working on reads etc should be aiming to get them posted *before* EoN (end of night) just in case we die. So I'll get back to mine then after this.

@Toads - please quit defending/explaining yourself. I want to see actual content - analysis and discussion - from you at this stage, *even though I understand you may be feeling attacked still* please. If you're Town, think your way through this, stop reacting and taking things personally (ya, a big ask but I feel like it needs to be said tn). If you're Mafia.. well played, then,but I don't think you are.

@everyone - who has played in one or more games with Nightmares before? If you have, any insight would be very helpful please. What do you think of her play this game compared to previously? Is she generally so ~wishy washy~ and self-conscience when contributing (not a criticism, I just couldn't think of better wording)?

@Kat - would you be able to write up a post to summarise where we're at, game-wise, please? Like the second half of your game start post, # 66. I would really love one of those for each change of day/night phase, to be able to look at the overall state of things. Thanks so much!

@N e s s - when you can, could you please update post # 2 with the link to Night 1, and add the clock counter (that would make keeping track of things SO much easier)? Thanks so much!

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Nightmares - what do you think about the points raised about you?

Ok I did analysis and pointed out all the facts end of day 1. With fleshy as Roleblocker I was like the first to start saying we have bulletproof and jailor/ cop and doctor. Me and Entropy both commented on this, although she was a proponent of sheriff outting. I mostly was saying that we should get a clear report on somebody in the start of day 2. Sheriff directly gets an inspection. Jailor stops kills from happening, because they role block and protect, and can also determine if the person they jailed is mafia based on whether or not kills happen that night. Does that make sense? Trust me I know a lot about the power of role blocking.

Entropy brought up I look sketchy with the fleshy thing, I'm not denying it.... I openly brought up how the people who didn't vote fleshy basically have to be scum. It was such a closely contested lynch, anyone who didn't vote fleshy is definitely priority. I included myself in that, but like I said, I've been town-oriented if you look at it so I'm not worried. But I won't defend myself anymore.

So that leaves Sparro, Menchie, and Nightmares... and wait for it... Iwaseleanor too.
I'll get to the other three, but I thought about this and if you think about it Iwaseleanor really had no choice but to vote fleshy, whether mafia or not. There was no point in them voting anyone else, because everyone focused in on those two. And if I was mafia and looked at the situation with piling votes on both of us, I would be like well... I'm not voting for myself. That point also knowing one of them was gonna get lynched, they both would know to vote each other to distance themselves.
Iwaseleanor said:
Fleshy has been acting very defensive this game, and has also apparently frequently been lurking the thread without comment. The behaviour strikes me as odd, but I can't be sure.
Gave no scum leans on anyone except the one that already had votes and was Entropy and Kat's biggest targets. This was an hour before Day ended, so trying to vouch for Fleshy would've been dumb. So I can see it as sheeping to protect themself. And even when they gave their only scum lean they ended with "but I can't be sure" which sounds to me like guilt for scum reading fleshy. I'm not putting everything back in on Iwaseleanor and think we should definitely lynch one of the other three. But I'm saying don't count them out because look at this evidence for their actions. I am putting them on the level with the other three, because their reasoning for voting fleshy is super forced by circumstance.

Sparro- not spending much time on him, but if he is mafia with the posts he has made in the past few hours, kudos because you playing it like a champ. Also not that he didn't vote either way, I think he didn't vote because he wasn't around and would've voted Fleshy if he had been around.

Menchie- The questions you have been asking are extremely townie. Asking about killpower, asking about not voting = death, I feel like you would've asked those questions in your quick topic. But then again, if you were with Fleshy who is inactive a lot due to Timezones and stuff, I could see you coming here to ask them because you wouldn't get answers lol. But then you always seemed to ask those questions the second the topic is raised in thread. Which means you are literally spouting those off once you get them. Your fixation with Sparro is odd... but again I think you would know enough to kinda not be so bold about your views of him if you were mafia. Because it would eventually make you look worse. You also got defensive out of nowhere... which means you are carefully watching what goes on in here enough to respond hours later to little comments, yet not giving full reads and commenting on all the other things that go on.

Posting this now so I can get it in before Night ends... and will do Nightmares in a second

My 2nd reads list :

1. Amanda1983
2. Sparro
3. Iwaseleanor
4. Fleshy - Mafia Role Blocker, lynched D1
5. Nightmares
6. Menchie
7. Arstotzkan [kat] [IC]
8. Toadsworthy [SE]
9. Entropy [SE]

I think the changes are pretty self-explanatory apart from : I wanted to put Kat and entropy as Town the first time but needed to think about it to make sure it wasn't just wishful thinking. Subsequent events have made me confident in them being town (although if anyone could bamboozle us, it would be one of these two!).

The Daily Tragedy
Wednesday Edition - September 16th, 1946 - Written by Ness

Day 2 of the Mystery Murder case

Earlier this week, we mentioned how the murder case in Belltree town had murdered 5 people so far. Tina, Mayor Jeremy, and Tina's 2 children and husband. Yesterday, one of the murderers were caught and commited suicide by biting their tongue while tied up. Currently, according to the murderer formally mentioned, 1 more murderer remains. This is currently unconfirmed, but remember to take precaution and stay in your homes. More information in The Night Shift tonight.

Tomorrow's forecast

Speculated to thunderstorm tomorrow. 62 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Its the blanket of the century: The Electric blanket!

electricblanket.jpg

Very recently, a new type of home appliance has been invented: The Electric Blanket! It self heats itself and helps keep you warm in the cold winter nights. October starts next month, and you know how cold it can get! Grab one at your local market soon!

Daily Tragedy Inc.

Nobody died last night. No mistakes were made.

Day 2 starts now, you have 48 hours to lynch someone. Night 2 starts on 9/29/16 @9:00 PM CST

Also i'm working on getting a counter.

Nightmares- Literally not giving anything to do with anything. Voted Iwas on the worst backing ever.
Nightmares said:
The reason I went with a Iwaseleanor lynch is because I'd try and help with a....majority lynch?? Is that it?? O-o
Idk I just think getting someone lynched D1 is good; in my past experience, loads of people have said a D1 lynch is important so...I thought I'd at least help someone out and vote the same >.<;; Maybe this is a bad tactic of something, but I really need to vote before I go to bed eee

Also I'm sorry if this makes no sense and I sound stupid lmaoo

Pretty sure people were talking about Fleshy at the time, so you could've went with him. But no, you chose to go with Iwas, the only thing is that you were cognizant of how bad it looked... which seems kinda genuine, or just a little ploy to make us believe you. Yeah you have given us nothing really to work with, seem to be trying to hide a little bit, and sheeped with a vote you really didn't understand or believed to "help with majority" So I think Nightmares is best lynch for tomorrow

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Daily Tragedy
Wednesday Edition - September 16th, 1946 - Written by Ness

Day 2 of the Mystery Murder case

Earlier this week, we mentioned how the murder case in Belltree town had murdered 5 people so far. Tina, Mayor Jeremy, and Tina's 2 children and husband. Yesterday, one of the murderers were caught and commited suicide by biting their tongue while tied up. Currently, according to the murderer formally mentioned, 1 more murderer remains. This is currently unconfirmed, but remember to take precaution and stay in your homes. More information in The Night Shift tonight.

Tomorrow's forecast

Speculated to thunderstorm tomorrow. 62 Degrees Fahrenheit.

Its the blanket of the century: The Electric blanket!

electricblanket.jpg

Very recently, a new type of home appliance has been invented: The Electric Blanket! It self heats itself and helps keep you warm in the cold winter nights. October starts next month, and you know how cold it can get! Grab one at your local market soon!

Daily Tragedy Inc.

Nobody died last night. No mistakes were made.

Day 2 starts now, you have 48 hours to lynch someone. Night 2 starts on 9/29/16 @9:00 PM CST

Also i'm working on getting a counter.

No kills? No mistakes? So I'm guessing there is a doctor who saved someone or a jailor who jailed mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

or I guess a bulletproof who got hit

Yay! No one was killed!
Also, can a mafia member kill them selves if they wanted?

I feel like that would be similar to like game throwing, since you are playing against you're own win-con. What prompted this question???

Back