• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

The Daily Tragedy
Tuesday Edition - September 15, 1946 - Written by Ness

Day 1 of Mystery Murder Case

In yesterday's paper we touched upon the recent stabbing of BellTree town's very own, Mayor Jeremy. We had the interview with an eyewitness by the name of Tina. Yet today, we found that Tina and her family were all found stabbed to death in their home. The police have yet to find any evidence left behind the culprits, but they have managed to collect a list of nine people they suspect to have the culprits in somewhere. If you are a resident of BellTree town, please avoid shady areas in town and do not leave your home at night. Purchase tomorrow's paper for 25 cents for more information on the subject.​

Tina didn't survive the night. She's in a better place now.

Game starts now. I will attempt to get a timer up ASAP. Everything above is just flavor (obviously). Remember to vote in the voting thread, voting is required. Night 1 will start on 9/26/16 at 9:00 PM CST. If i'm not there to make the day post, the voting cut off is still 9:00 PM CST.

Hm, noting the initial lack of activity.

I've got a post ready for you guys, but I just got off of work and am driving home rn

Oh, by the way, Ness, your link to Amanda's posts on the OP is broke

- - - Post Merge - - -

Saw one or two players viewing the thread (other than me and Arstotzkin/Sarasakat) viewing the thread without posting. Shy? Busy?

Hey everyone! I?m Arstotzkan, your IC (Inexperience Challenged) in this game, but please, call me Kat. I?m 17, an ENFP-A, and am planning on majoring in Mechanical Engineering! There?s also SEs in this game, who have played in previous games and know their way around mafia, but their job is to solely play the game to set an example - they are by no means obligated to answer truthfully any questions you may have.

IC is a little different - I am in the game, but while typing in this color, I?m not playing as my alignment, but as a resource to you guys. While typing in this color, I will answer any question you have regarding theory or other basics with 100% honesty. If there?s multiple facets to an issue, I?ll explain all of them to the best of my ability, and then explain which one I personally agree with.

However, keep in mind that I?m still in this game - the roles here were randomized, and I will play as the role that I?m assigned outside of this text. So please, please, do not follow what I say as the 100% truth outside of this color, nor should you follow what anyone says as 100% truth. Mafia is largely dependent on critical thinking, so you must analyze what each person says and rationalize if you agree or disagree with the argument they present. Additionally, be wary that while I will always tell the truth in this color, the truth may be deceiving if you take it at face value. Like I said earlier - critical thinking is paramount.

Looking at the game itself, it?s Day 1 (D1) and we have 9 people total, meaning it takes 5 votes to reach majority, which results in someone?s lynch (removal from the game). Someone also gets lynched if by the end of day, someone has the most votes on them and majority hasn?t been reached yet. As the game goes on, it takes less and less votes to create a majority, so keep this in mind so you don?t accidentally lock in someone?s lynch. Always check how many votes are on a person before voting them. If someone is 1 vote from reaching majority, I highly suggest not voting, since that allows us to change our minds if more information comes to light, and they?d be lynched at the end of day anyway.

Instead of voting, if you suspect someone is mafia, I?d advise making an argument against them first. Explain how someone is being suspicious, and if you can?t put it into words, quote the posts you think are suspicious, and others might be able to shed some more insight on your thoughts. It's better to vocalize your thoughts, even if its poorly worded, than to keep silent about them. Keep in mind however that there?s a fine balance between making a well-thought out case and making it so overwhelming that people don?t read what you have to say. Brevity is golden (I'm a hypocrite here lmfao), but if you can't, a summary of the ideas you presented is a good idea.

We have 48 hours today - that?s a lot of time! Make sure to ask questions, get information into the thread, and get as much of a grip of the game as you can. This is Day 1, which is mainly focused on information to base the rest of the game on.

Finally, the more active you are, the better. More activity means more information, and an overall more enjoyable experience than if everyone just sits there staring at eachother. And make sure you read the rules so you don't get smited by Ness.

If you?ve got any questions or anything you're confused about, feel free to fire away! There's no such thing as a stupid question here.

I hope you guys have fun, and let's have a great game! :D

TL;DR (I highly advice you read it but) :
- In this color, I'm 100% honest. Feel free to ask any questions you'd like about theory and the like.
- My role as IC and (inserts SEs) roles as SE don't indicate alignment.
- Majority is at 5 today, and look at the voting thread before voting so you don't accidentally lock in majority.
- Make arguments/cases supporting your ideas before putting down votes.
- It's better to make a bad argument than none at all.
- Today's focused on getting information.
- Be active, and read the rules.
- Have fun!

Alrighty, let's kick this game off with some random questions (RQS).

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you?
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone?
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle?
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why?
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why?
6. YOU HYPED?

My answers:
1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I'm Kat, and I'm female! I honestly don't care what you refer to me as though, as long as I know you're talking about me lol.
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone? EDT (GMT-4). My activity is very all or nothing, and I'm really pumped about this game, so my all in switch is on :D
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle? Very inquisitive and in-your-face. I'm not one to hide my reads (opinions about people in the game), for better or for worse.
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? As of late, town. Mafia and I have had some fun times, but sleuthing to figure out what the hell is going on is really damn fun.
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? Sparro's town me thinks. Sparro seems to be taking their own initiative in scumhunting, and they're showing a lot of boldness by posting first.
6. YOU HYPED? HELL YE

Sparro[/quote said:
Saw one or two players viewing the thread (other than me and Arstotzkin/Sarasakat) viewing the thread without posting. Shy? Busy?
Do you remember who these players were, by chance?

s'ah dudes and dudettes!
Its my favorite thing ever! RQS!
Please answer all the questions

How Pumped are you for the game?
What is your time zone?
How Active Do you plan on being in this game?
What is you experience level playing mafia?
Playstyle? Or what do you think your play style will be like?

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I'm a girl and not any nicknames c:
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone? I'll prolly be pretty active and PST
3. If you have played before, what’s your playstyle? I have played once before but idk my playstyle xD
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Idrc :p
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? Town, and just guessing for now.
6. YOU HYPED? Idc should I be? xD

:eyes: You got ninjad there my good buddy chum pal

Toads, surprised you didn't answer your own RQS in your post. Any reason why?
Anyway, to answer **** that isn't overlap:

What is your experience level playing mafia?
Pretty experienced. 20th game on here, and I've played probably around 100 forum mafia games total.

Wellllllllll Ninja'd....

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? - Male and Toad/toads works Rose the Roleblocker
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone? EST and medium active, less active than I normally am due to a crazy week coming up. Can't really compare to my activity last game
3. If you have played before, what’s your play style? It will be emotional AF so don't judge me mmmmkay?
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Town because the one time I was mafia sucked so bad
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? Kat? I hope to god you are town
6. YOU HYPED? I bleed Hype

- - - Post Merge - - -

:eyes: You got ninjad there my good buddy chum pal

Toads, surprised you didn't answer your own RQS in your post. Any reason why?
Anyway, to answer **** that isn't overlap:

What is your experience level playing mafia?
Pretty experienced. 20th game on here, and I've played probably around 100 forum mafia games total.

I was going to do it the follow up one, but then realized you had posted one... cheeeeeeell out

- - - Post Merge - - -

We merging RQS? ok... I've played in 9 games on here

Since I'm not gonna bother trying to delete half of Kat's posts for just a line of text, I'll just say it here: Fleshy was the one I noticed viewing the thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I am male. Call me Sparro or Ajay! :)
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone? More active than my last; I'll be able to actually keep up with the thread. PST (GMT -7)
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle? I've played once on this site before but was a replacement and was largely inactive for the duration I was in the game.
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Neither, because I feel like either way I'll be salty
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? Toad is role blocker
6. YOU HYPED? Def

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I'm a girl and not any nicknames c:
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What’s your timezone? I'll prolly be pretty active and PST
3. If you have played before, what’s your playstyle? I have played once before but idk my playstyle xD
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Idrc :p
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? Town, and just guessing for now.
6. YOU HYPED? Idc should I be? xD
Dont take this the wrong way - I'm glad you're playing mafia, but what you said doesn't make much sense. If you're not excited to play (or don't really know if you're exited or not), then why are you playing in the first place?

Toads pls I cant chill

Since I'm not gonna bother trying to delete half of Kat's posts for just a line of text, I'll just say it here: Fleshy was the one I noticed viewing the thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? I am male. Call me Sparro or Ajay! :)
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone? More active than my last; I'll be able to actually keep up with the thread. PST (GMT -7)
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle? I've played once on this site before but was a replacement and was largely inactive for the duration I was in the game.
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Neither, because I feel like either way I'll be salty
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? Toad is role blocker
6. YOU HYPED? Def

If I was a role blocker I would've already quit this game
Rose Rest in Peace

Dont take this the wrong way - I'm glad you're playing mafia, but what you said doesn't make much sense. If you're not excited to play (or don't really know if you're exited or not), then why are you playing in the first place?

Toads pls I cant chill

I am excited but I'm kinda nervous because this is only my second games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What I mean to say is I don't really know if I should be excited, if you know what I mean. I'm still kind of confused too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What I mean to say is I don't really know if I should be excited, if you know what I mean. I'm still kind of confused too.

You're throwing us on a loop with that merge. You've said the exact thing twice.
There isn't currently much to be confused about, so if you could, would it be possible that you specify what is confusing you?

You're throwing us on a loop with that merge. You've said the exact thing twice.
There isn't currently much to be confused about, so if you could, would it be possible that you specify what is confusing you?

When I get really tired (like now ;-;), I tend to post stuff that doesn't make much sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, that ruined my ;-; and now its a winky face. greattt

- - - Post Merge - - -

And one of the things I'm confused about is Mafia Killing power. Idk what that is. Is it how many people they've killed?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is it kinda like, you don't know if you can be outwardly excited for fear it will be taken the wrong way? I'm just trying to understand your posts too... try to clear things up

Is it kinda like, you don't know if you can be outwardly excited for fear it will be taken the wrong way? I'm just trying to understand your posts too... try to clear things up

Yeah, thats pretty much it. I was also kind of joking when I said it, I didn't mean for it to be that big of a deal.

When I get really tired (like now ;-;), I tend to post stuff that doesn't make much sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, that ruined my ;-; and now its a winky face. greattt

- - - Post Merge - - -

And one of the things I'm confused about is Mafia Killing power. Idk what that is. Is it how many people they've killed?

How many people they can kill nightly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, thats pretty much it. I was also kind of joking when I said it, I didn't mean for it to be that big of a deal.

This is Mafia, not the stand-up club down the street. If someone is asking a genuine question, especially an RQS, it's not the healthiest to make jokes.

1. What's your gender? Do you have a nickname you'd like for us to call you? My name is Amanda and I'm a female, she/her pronouns or gender neutral ones work for me please.
2. How active do you think you'll be this game? What?s your timezone? I'll be quite active I think. My timezone is GMT+10, I'm in Melbourne, Australia. The game started at 12pm my time.
3. If you have played before, what?s your playstyle? Hmm, I think I ask a lot of questions and try to stay focussed on the end goal (rather than get caught up in peripheral drama).
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Town, I love the challenge of trying to figure out wtf is going on.
5. If you had to guess, would you say the person who posted above you is mafia or town? Why? (When I started writing this Toads had the last post) I'm guessing Toads is Town as he hasn't had much experience as Mafia and after last game I doubt he's keen to take on another difficult role. Although, if the roles are RNGd.. Nah, he seems too calm to be Mafia so far.
6. YOU HYPED? YES!!!
7. (from Toads' RQS) What is you experience level playing mafia? I've played one game, the last one on this forum : The Miraculous Ladybug Cultists. I was a Vanilla Townie until very close to the end of the game when I was converted into Cult (cult games work differently to Mafia ones).

Back