• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can we have a news/politics section in Brewster's Café?

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
This probably won't happen since I doubt enough people will see it as a necessary change, but could we have a sub-form section thingummy in Brewster's Caf? dedicated to all the news and politics stuff? Like, that's nearly half of the discussions that go on in there.

Anyone who is really into discussing the latest news things could focus on the threads in there without all the other things popping up and anyone who doesn't really want to know how many people got murdered last night can stay away since it's all kind of depressing.

Tbh I've always been a supporter of a media-type board for stuff like this (music/movie/to show threads could go there too) but given how quickly and easily semi controversial threads seem to derail I'm not too sure it's a great idea.

wouldn't that just be a trash bin with how fast and/or often they'd get locked due to drama and such?

I approve!

Last edited:
Politicial discussions tend to get messy. I know it's an election year, and a whole bunch of exciting events happened, but they can still go out of control.

In all honesty, I feel like there are so many threads about it because they keep getting closed. Thins like this get easily out of control and off topic and can just as easily cause conflict between TBT users. I think a major sticky on it would, yes, keep that topic controlled as far as all the threads go, but it would constantly be opening and closing and a lot of members would probably get infractions as well

It would be easier for ignorant people to see that there is actually already a thread on something so they don't make a duplicate thread. No but seriously there always seems to be 2 of the same threads when some big news comes up.

I'm for this. I like political discussions and a sub-forum for them is a good idea, I think we can be mature enough to handle some political discussion without it "getting messy", political discussions in brewsters seem to rarely go too far, they're usually fine? A politics/current affairs (including news and suchlike) would make for a good sub-forum if we can keep it on track, civil discussion.

^ Seconded. There seems to be a lot of interest in having these kinds of discussions here and as the OP said it would make it easier for people to avoided this type of thread if they choose.

I don't think it would be such a good idea. I can imagine most of the threads turning into flame wars rather than actual discussion.

Last edited:
No, especially political ones. Every thread with the word "Trump" in it, usually turns into a flame war.

totally support this idea. these whatever people got killed by guns or whatever are getting annoying.

I already avoid Brewster's cafe because of how people often cannot be polite to eachother and don't accept people having other opinion than them.
If you have a opinion someone dislikes or is rare... you often get judged, screamed at etc. And its not a debate when someone screams out in caps or swears at you.
I stopped posting in those news/politics threads because it is very clear that opinion that disagrees is unwanted and no civilised debate can be have with most but not all people on the thread.
I think you should make this to make Brewster's cafe cleaner.

I already avoid Brewster's cafe because of how people often cannot be polite to eachother and don't accept people having other opinion than them.
If you have a opinion someone dislikes or is rare... you often get judged, screamed at etc. And its not a debate when someone screams out in caps or swears at you.
I stopped posting in those news/politics threads because it is very clear that opinion that disagrees is unwanted and no civilised debate can be have with most but not all people on the thread.
I think you should make this to make Brewster's cafe cleaner.

PotD (Poll of the Day forum) from GameFAQs is much worse. Instead of actually discussing the daily poll that GameFAQs set up on their front page, the members there post strange stuff. A lot these threads are on politics. And these people, judging by both how you went and how they went, I seen you guys behave a lot better.

Last edited:
I've only been lurking in the forums for a day and already I see this as a necessary evil. People won't just quit making these types of topics, so it's best for them to be within its own section as to allow everyone else in Brewster's Cafe to be free of the kind of negativity that comes from these things.

Back