• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Play! Pokemon VGC Events/Shiny Mewtwo

Holla

🌸
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
So as a longtime Pokemon fan who has no experience in VGC I have a few questions. First of all I've been meaning to take part in a competition for awhile now but I just haven't gotten a chance to, so I'd like to give the upcoming June Event a shot. I'm definitely not looking to be among the top players I just want to do a few battles and have some fun (even if I do lose a lot).

I'm mostly just looking for some general knowledge on what to do for the event since I'm totally new to this. On top of that I also saw that you can get a Shiny Mewtwo code later this year via the Trainer newsletter emails if you get at least one play point before the deadline. How do those work exactly do I have to win a certain number of battles or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks! ^_^

Ooh that's neat, I think I might have to slap together a team for that. I think in order to recieve it you have to at least get the participation award which seems to be one full battle for the June Online Comp. I think in the past with the Miltank and other events you needed at least three, so I'd aim for just doing a few.

If that isn't really an option it looks like potentially just showing up to your local Play! Pokemon League is enough so long as they mark your "Trainer ID/Play! ID" as having shown up?

Ooh that's neat, I think I might have to slap together a team for that. I think in order to recieve it you have to at least get the participation award which seems to be one full battle for the June Online Comp. I think in the past with the Miltank and other events you needed at least three, so I'd aim for just doing a few.

If that isn't really an option it looks like potentially just showing up to your local Play! Pokemon League is enough so long as they mark your "Trainer ID/Play! ID" as having shown up?

Ok just to be on the safe side I'll aim for at least three battles. Depending on how it goes I may do more than that anyways I don't know yet.

This sounds pretty neat.

I guess I need to start practicing online for this. A shiny mewtwo would be awesome to have!

Relevant: The June Competition sign ups have begun! If you'd like a shot a getting this Mewtwo, here's your chance!

So, I've completed 3 matches. Won 2 and lost 1. Is this enough to get me one play point? I'm rather busy this weekend and would like to squeeze in more matches if I could but I'm not going to unless I have to.

So, I've completed 3 matches. Won 2 and lost 1. Is this enough to get me one play point? I'm rather busy this weekend and would like to squeeze in more matches if I could but I'm not going to unless I have to.

Most likely. You're better off than me, I missed the sign up deadline by an hour or so.

Back