• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Growing hybrids?

Katie1313

Bells
Switch
6113-3549-6414
White Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Just wondering if the following things can help you grow hybrids, or if it's just random.

Perfect town status? After all, Jacob's Ladders DO grow during that time... And I seem to be having an easier time growing hybrids in my first town, which has a perfect town status.

Golden watering can? I know it waters 9 spaces around, but does it improve probability of growing hybrids?

Planting flowers diagonally? A friend told me that's the best way to get hybrids.

Fertilizer? I know this is SUPPOSE to help you grow hybrids, but it never seems to work. -.- Is there a certain way you're supposed to be burying the fertilizer?

Thanks!

I always use Jacob's Ladders when I grow hybrids. I actually found that planting them horizontally works best for myself; I put one Jacob's Ladder on each side of the hybrids. I water them each day with my golden watering can, and it does increase the probability that a hybrid will grow. That's always been my method. I don't bother with fertilizer, because it has never worked for me.

I always thought diagonal was best but it rarely works for me.
I'll have to try the other way.

I also didn't know the Jacob's Ladders could help.

I think it is somewhat random, but I know making sure you don't have any other flowers next to each other that can breed (such as having tulips next to each other) helps. Because even if you don't water those, they can still breed.
So it's good to only have flowers next to each other that you want to breed, next to each other. And keep flowers away from each other that you don't want breeding.​

Back