5156-1819-5302
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
This game and HHD are huge bummers to me. They are not that bad of games but they are both very mediocre. The reason this and HHD disgust me is that it shows that Nintendo thinks Animal Crossing is popular enough to whore out and make mediocre spinoff games. You may argue that Mario does this too and no one cares. But most of Marios spinoff games are pretty good. And the main Mario games overshadow them.

With Animal Crossing we only have 4 main games and a main Animal Crossing game comes out every 3-4 years. And Nintendo is already making crappy spin offs for the series.

Like I said before, HHD and amino festival aren't horrible games, but every time I look at my shelf with all the animal crossing games and see the spinoffs, it just makes me kinda sad.

Last edited:
edgy.

hhd is far from mediocre, and be glad you're getting more stuff.

To be honest, I always wondered why there were no Animal Crossing spin offs. I mean, the first Animal Crossing came out in 2002 (?) so that's 13 years till they started making spin offs. I haven't played amiibo festival but I have played HHD and it's a lot of fun in my opinion. I just don't understand why they haven't made an Animal Crossing for Wii U yet and I have kinda lost hope they will make one for Wii U.

Your saying it's made every 3-4 years. Be patient! They're both fillers by the looks of it; just to keep AC fans occupied until the next main series game. You can expect a new main series game either this year or next year on either the Wii U or Nintendo's "dedicated" gaming platform, codename NX.

I wouldn't call either game mediocre. I think peoples' problems with either game is that they're not New Animal Crossing Wii U/3DS, but they were never meant to be. They're completely different games. Personally, I haven't been able to hardly keep Happy Home Designer down since I got it.

I will admit it's nice to find someone else who doesn't like the games either XD

Your saying it's made every 3-4 years. Be patient! They're both fillers by the looks of it; just to keep AC fans occupied until the next main series game. You can expect a new main series game either this year or next year on either the Wii U or Nintendo's "dedicated" gaming platform, codename NX.
That's a good way to look at it! I hope the next main animal crossing makes the wait worth it.

HHD seems pretty good, I've played it and its decent, but amiibo Festival even without the AC brand is awful, by the looks of it.

I don't think the games are mediocre, I actually like HHD. And I never tried/played/have amiibo Festival but I guess it's good too.

HHD is a cute game, but it does get repetitive after a while.. still fun though ^^ As for Amiibo Festival, from what I heard from others.. should've never existed

The spinoffs would be alright it there was an heavier balance of main games.

Right now the spinoffs are overshadowing the main games and I don't know why they would put so much effort into a spinoff unless they were going to work super hard to make an amazing game for the next main which they better be doing.

My experience is that the spinoff dragged me away into disappointment and left me wanting more than NL could offer.

At least Splatoon exists.

Regardless on how people feel about Amiibo Festival's gameplay, the detail in the game is phenomenal. I don't think they would have done all of the HD detail in houses and furniture and villagers etc etc etc if they weren't going to use it for a Wii U/NX version of Animal Crossing. It'll come (I'd venture to say sooner rather than later), they're just doing spinoffs for now.

I remember when I thought aF was gonna be a Mario Party 10 clone, turned out even worse. I find the main part of the game to be extremely boring, the mini-games are somewhat fun. The whole amiibo thing makes it even worse.

Haven't played HHD, so I can't really say anything about it.

My friend nearly convinced me to buy aF, good thing I resisted.

I thought at least animal crossing was a game with some kind of dignity but guess I was wrong lol

HHD is pretty fun... I tend to pick it up when I don't have much time to play, as I can spend hours in Bevelle on NL :lol:

I am reaaaalllly hoping that they incorporate the plot placement/house choice/external decorating etc into the next main AC game... I tend to think that maybe they will... imagine how great it would be to plan your town to that degree *dreams*

Haven't played AF... haven't really even looked into it that much...

HHD is a cute and fun game until 20/30 minutes while with AF,is bad you need an AC amiibo to play. The board game is actually boring, you just use the nfc part of the gamepad with his amiibo. The only fun part is the question and island minigames...

I wouldn't have a problem with HHD if they didn't price it like a full game. I feel bad for kids who might not read up on what's coming out, see a new AC game on the shelf, and buy it thinking they're getting a full game.

I don't know anything about AF because I know a cash cow when I see one so I haven't bothered with it.

*shrugs* Idk, I don't see the point in paying $35-45 for filler content. If spin offs were priced like spin offs then "yay, new content!" would be a valid enough reason to be happy about it, but a mini game priced as a full is reason enough to snark IMO.

Back