• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Does Golden Shovel Do?

djrock5325

Bells
I have gotten a golden shovel I don't see it being any different than the Silver one? Am I correct?

You can bury money with a golden shovel and it might grow a bell tree.

Burry minimum 30K bells, where there is grass and never walk on it.
Sometimes it won't grow and you'll lost your money but sometimes you can get a tree with 90K on it.

@Kerrilea
I think the amount of bells you get from the tree depends on how many you planted to grow the tree. There's a chart for it on the wiki if you'd like to learn more.

You can grow saplings easily this way, with the cost of 1k however. In the older games you could do this with 100 bells.

You can bury bells with it, and if it's 1k or more, it'll grow a sapling. The thing is, as long as you only plant one sapling a day this way, it'll eventually grow into a tree. So think of it as a sapling generator. The odds of it fruiting bells is low, and the more you bury, the higher it goes. Burying 99k has like a 75%-99% chance of growing a money tree. But like I said, it can be used so you never have to buy saplings, since the trees that don't have bells are regular trees.

Besides money trees, burying fertilizer apparently increases the chances of its effectiveness? I'm not too sure on this one though.

Also, it has a chance of doubling money that pops out of rocks when you hit them with it. It's not proven though.

Interesting thing, the silver shovel has a chance of getting ores from the money rock while the gold shovel always gets money like normal so I often stick with the silver shovel anyway unless I need to plant fertilizer.

You can bury bells with it, and if it's 1k or more, it'll grow a sapling. The thing is, as long as you only plant one sapling a day this way, it'll eventually grow into a tree. So think of it as a sapling generator. The odds of it fruiting bells is low, and the more you bury, the higher it goes. Burying 99k has like a 75%-99% chance of growing a money tree. But like I said, it can be used so you never have to buy saplings, since the trees that don't have bells are regular trees.

Besides money trees, burying fertilizer apparently increases the chances of its effectiveness? I'm not too sure on this one though.

Also, it has a chance of doubling money that pops out of rocks when you hit them with it. It's not proven though.

This is the first I've heard about it doubling money, are you sure it wasn't someone just having a money luck day? I've had moments of luck and after checking with Katrina confirmed I was already wearing a lucky item so it's not like you need to check with her to activate anything.

good for normal saplings (bury 1k to get a normal tree) and is more effective when you bury fertiliser

Ive heard if you hit the money rock you could get up to 32k bells if it was hit fast enough? Id rather use the silver shovel on the money rock, it has a chance of getting a gold ore out at least. But yea, it can sprout a money tree but keep in mind a bell tree sprouts only 90k. so if u bury 99k, you lose 9k...i think. Ive never bothered with a money tree plus it lowers your citizen's satisfaction if you have too many

Back