• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dream Address Help

RainCrossing

Bells
If you upload a dream address of your town and then delete your town. Would the dream address stay? I mean like you can't update it, but others including you in your new town can visit it.

Also, how do other people have so much towns on one cartridge without hacking?

And so much dream addresses of deleted towns?

Lastly, what would be a good way to get a new town but have your dream address remain?

Dream addresses remain on the server even when the town is deleted.
After a While if the dream isn't updated in a long time it will get deleted.
Multiple towns cannot be on the same cartridge.
You can restart your town and your dream address will remain for about a year after.

Dream addresses remain on the server even when the town is deleted.
After a While if the dream isn't updated in a long time it will get deleted.
Multiple towns cannot be on the same cartridge.
You can restart your town and your dream address will remain for about a year after.

Thank you so much! But I have one more question, will your dream town be deleted if SOMEONE VISITS in a dream whilst the town is already deleted?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Will the dream still be deleted if someone visits your town during a dream and you already deleted it so you can't update it?

If you upload a dream address of your town and then delete your town. Would the dream address stay? I mean like you can't update it, but others including you in your new town can visit it.

Sort of... dream towns that aren't updated in a while are supposed to be deleted from the servers. It's just that sometimes this takes longer to happen and several towns don't get noticed somehow. Don't count on it if you're trying to permanently preserve your town, because there's no saying when it might get deleted.

Also, how do other people have so much towns on one cartridge without hacking?

This isn't possible since you can only have one town per cartridge. The only way to have one cartridge and more than one town is to have a cartridge and then a digital version of the game, but that's still technically two games.

And so much dream addresses of deleted towns?

This is because of the way the system works. When you get a dream address from the dream suite, every time you update your dream town, it's supposed to overwrite the last update. That way, you're keeping the same dream address during each update.

However, sometimes this fails for some reason and people get a different dream address after updating. I think that not updating their dream addresses in a while might be a factor but it's hard to say. When this happens, people end up with more than one dream address.

Another reason is that like I said, sometimes it takes a while for old dream towns to get cleaned up from the servers and some never do. This means that sometimes people delete their towns but the dream address is still there for a while, even when they make a new one for their new town.

Like I said, I wouldn't count on this as a reliable method.

Lastly, what would be a good way to get a new town but have your dream address remain?

There isn't a good way. Just update before getting a new town and hope that your dream address will remain.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you so much! But I have one more question, will your dream town be deleted if SOMEONE VISITS in a dream whilst the town is already deleted?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Will the dream still be deleted if someone visits your town during a dream and you already deleted it so you can't update it?

It's hard to say. Someone visiting the dream version of a deleted town might somehow signal that it's inactive and then it could get deleted.

I don't think there's really a safe way to say, it just depends.

Back