• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only BOY or GIRL.

i thought this was the unpopular opinions thread :confused: but if we're gonna start throwing facts out there, women in America aren't oppressed and non white people can in fact be racist.

The thing is, you're confusing gender identity with sex. There are two biological sexes, yes, but gender is an entirely different concept. It's a spectrum and there's all kinds of in-betweens and it can be fluid.

There is only male and female biologically, but gender identity is very broad and complex.

you're confusing gender identity with personality... how does someone know they're something other than male or female when there's nothing else that exists? what some people don't understand is that there are 2 genders because there are 2 sexes. 2 genders wasn't some arbitrary number. you can't just add a 3rd or 4th or 96th gender and get upset when no one wants to go along with it.

but i agree with lostinevertreeforest. i'll call you whatever pronouns you want just don't be a whiny baby about it. that's about as far as i'll go though. it's a big problem when people want to start infringing on free speech just because their feelings are hurts. i can't deny science just to make a few people feel good or act like they're being oppressed when someone calls them by the wrong pronouns.

i thought this was the unpopular opinions thread :confused: but if we're gonna start throwing facts out there, women in America aren't oppressed and non white people can in fact be racist.

you're confusing gender identity with personality... how does someone know they're something other than male or female when there's nothing else that exists? what some people don't understand is that there are 2 genders because there are 2 sexes. 2 genders wasn't some arbitrary number. you can't just add a 3rd or 4th or 96th gender and get upset when no one wants to go along with it.
actually there are more then 2 genders. Source - me as a human being, I'm not a boy or a girl :lemon:

I'm cool with it until they start to demand you use their preferred pronouns. **** off back to tumblr with that BS.

I'm fine if they want to be called a he instead of a she, but I draw the line at weird pronouns. I don't care what you identify as, you have two pronoun options.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but i agree with lostinevertreeforest. i'll call you whatever pronouns you want just don't be a whiny baby about it. that's about as far as i'll go though. it's a big problem when people want to start infringing on free speech just because their feelings are hurts. i can't deny science just to make a few people feel good or act like they're being oppressed when someone calls them by the wrong pronouns.

If you subtract old people(elderly), it is an unpopular opinion. Just to be clear, I'm not saying there's only two genders

actually there are more then 2 genders. Source - me as a human being, I'm not a boy or a girl :lemon:

so you don't have sex chromosomes?

and you could've at least said Yahoo Answers. it's slightly more credible than you.

I'm fine if they want to be called a he instead of a she, but I draw the line at weird pronouns. I don't care what you identify as, you have two pronoun options.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you subtract old people(elderly), it is an unpopular opinion. Just to be clear, I'm not saying there's only two genders

kinda sounds like you are. i've never heard anyone say there's more than 2 genders but they can only use male/female pronouns.

Gonna go ahead and skirt around the topic above me and chime in with one of my unpopular opinions. Might not be so unpopular here, but in general society, I'm scoffed at for not like children. As they get older, I mind them less and less, but I absolutely hate babies, extremely dislike toddlers, and just plain do not like kids. Occasionally I'll find a toddler cute, but generally it's one of those videos online of a kid... well, being funny. But in real life, I don't want your kids near me, I don't want to talk to your kids, and I don't want kids of my own.

Especially babies. Dear god.

I'm cool with it until they start to demand you use their preferred pronouns. **** off back to tumblr with that BS.

I completely agree.
If you call yourself genderfluid, demigirl, whatever, I disagree with it but I don't care, you do you. But don't talk to me if you're going to force people into saying your preferred pronouns by getting very upset over it or by trying to guilt trip others.

I despise genderfluidity.
Not because "'tis not real, go back to Tumblr" but because they're ignoring the fact that gender dysphoria is a horrible thing to have. As in, it would cause great pain to the person suffering from it.
There are people who wake up every day, ashamed of themselves for being something they don't like being. Afraid of rejection and being called horrific things. Afraid from abandonment by their parents who may have different, stronger views. Being raised to be someone else. I sympathise with transgenders who are struggling with this.

Then there's...those people. "Hey everybody! I'm GENDERFLUID! I can switch from gender to gender. Look at me! I'm exploiting my feelings to get attention! I'm a girl with short hair, how U N I Q U E . Pfft, you're a bigot if you misgender me on the wrong day." and then there's the ones that hate you if you're "cis" or whatever. Disgusting.
People can do what they want, but gender is not a game, just don't be self-entitled and selfish about it.

I'm sure if someone wanted to be called a shortened version of their first name you wouldn't give a ****. Like just be polite and not an ******* lol not that hard.

I'm sure if someone wanted to be called a shortened version of their first name you wouldn't give a ****. Like just be polite and not an ******* lol not that hard.

There's a difference between kindly asking someone to use a specific pronoun and acting like I'm literally Hitler for not doing so, even if done accidentally. If people want to pretend they're a helpless victim and use it as a pretense to dogpile their perceived enemies I'm much more inclined to throw it in their face and tell them to **** off than appease their underdeveloped thumb-sucking sensibilities. Not that hard.

Yes, I feel strongly about this having been on the receiving end of this irrational hatred. At the end of the day I don't care if you identify as an attack helicopter, an omnidirectional quadsexual (11th class), or if you feel you aren't the sex you were born as. More power to you. Just don't try to force me to pander to your beliefs and it's cool. Edit: /rant And then scream "OMG WHITE CIS(HET) MALE STOP OPPRESSING ME!" when I don't bend over backwards for your juvenile BS. Both trans and non-trans people who propagate this attitude are a cancer on the trans community and they lack the self-awareness to even ****ing see it. /endrant

Then there's...those people. "Hey everybody! I'm GENDERFLUID! I can switch from gender to gender. Look at me! I'm exploiting my feelings to get attention! I'm a girl with short hair, how U N I Q U E . Pfft, you're a bigot if you misgender me on the wrong day." and then there's the ones that hate you if you're "cis" or whatever. Disgusting.
People can do what they want, but gender is not a game, just don't be self-entitled and selfish about it.

This is precisely what I mean when I say "**** off back to tumblr with that BS." Special snowflake syndrome. On that note it's truly disgusting that people use their skin color/gender/orientation/mental illness(es) as an excuse to hate others. As if it gives you a license to be a vile person.

Last edited:
so you don't have sex chromosomes?

and you could've at least said Yahoo Answers. it's slightly more credible than you.

kinda sounds like you are. i've never heard anyone say there's more than 2 genders but they can only use male/female pronouns.
im intersex so...?

There's a difference between kindly asking someone to use a specific pronoun and acting like I'm literally Hitler for not doing so, even if done accidentally. If people want to pretend they're a helpless victim and use it as a pretense to dogpile their perceived enemies I'm much more inclined to throw it in their face and tell them to **** off than appease their underdeveloped thumb-sucking sensibilities. Not that hard.

Yes, I feel strongly about this having been on the receiving end of this irrational hatred. At the end of the day I don't care if you identify as an attack helicopter, an omnidirectional quadsexual (11th class), or if you feel you aren't the sex you were born as. More power to you. Just don't try to force me to pander to your beliefs and it's cool.

This is precisely what I mean when I say "**** off back to tumblr with that BS." Special snowflake syndrome. On that note it's truly disgusting that people use their skin color/gender/orientation/mental illness(es) as an excuse to hate others. As if it gives you a license to be a vile person.

Afreakingmen to the mental illness giving you rights to be a jerk. My bf's sister claims she is sensitive and has depression so she literally cries whenever she doesn't get what she wants and her parents do nothing but cater to her to get her to stop crying. Their excuse? "Well, she's sensitive!"

Too freaking bad for you, doll. The world isn't gonna cater to your sensitivity so go get help to fix it and stop being a whiny brat when something doesn't go your way. She's 20 and that thought makes it worse. She sulks to her bf all the timr and makes him treat her like the Queen and it pains me to see. Why he puts up with her is beyond me. I lost my patience with her long ago. I hate people like her.

My bf's sister claims she is sensitive and has depression so she literally cries whenever she doesn't get what she wants and her parents do nothing but cater to her to get her to stop crying. Their excuse? "Well, she's sensitive!"

Too freaking bad for you, doll. The world isn't gonna cater to your sensitivity so go get help to fix it and stop being a whiny brat when something doesn't go your way. She's 20 and that thought makes it worse. She sulks to her bf all the timr and makes him treat her like the Queen and it pains me to see.

Ya know what I'd say to her? Well guess what Ms. Snowflake, the entire world isn't going to bend over backwards for your sensibilities. Get a ****ing grip on yourself and your emotions and learn how to function as an adult because you CANNOT act like that in the real world (i.e. outside your parent's house) without people looking at you like you're 10 years old and/or straight up unhinged.

Her parents need to stop sheltering her, she needs to learn this lesson sooner rather than later if she ever wants to survive independently.

Last edited:

See, it's one thing to accidentally misgender someone and be willing to correct yourself, but doing it on purpose just makes you a toolbag. Using someone's preferred pronouns is just basic human decency, and really, shouldn't be treated like asking you to move the godd*** moon.

I'm okay with trans people, I don't care what they want to go by, but I draw the line at Therian and Otherkin. Although Otherkin is significantly worse, they're both just delusional people who haven't stopped playing pretend.

I'm okay with trans people, I don't care what they want to go by, but I draw the line at Therian and Otherkin. Although Otherkin is significantly worse, they're both just delusional people who haven't stopped playing pretend.

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, as soon as you think you aren't a human anymore, I personally believe you need to go seek help and nobody should accept it as normal or healthy.

See, it's one thing to accidentally misgender someone and be willing to correct yourself, but doing it on purpose just makes you a toolbag. Using someone's preferred pronouns is just basic human decency, and really, shouldn't be treated like asking you to move the godd*** moon.

Again, I have no issue with calling people whatever they prefer to be called by. I draw the line between being asked nicely and having someone demand I do so, lest they treat me as if I just raped and killed their entire family. The former is a reasonable request, the latter is an overreaction and solves nothing.

To be fair my interactions with the people I'm describing can be summed up by 1) SJW and 2) Borderline Personality Disorder, known for splitting (seeing things in extremes of black & white.) Explains the reaction really well with that context.

Last edited:
Again, I have no issue with calling people whatever they prefer to be called by. I draw the line between being asked nicely and having someone demand I do so, lest they treat me as if I just raped and killed their entire family. The former is a reasonable request, the latter is an overreaction and solves nothing.

To be fair my interactions with the people I'm describing can be summed up by 1) SJW and 2) Borderline Personality Disorder, known for splitting (seeing things in extremes of black & white.) Explains the reaction really well with that context.

I mean, proper pronouns should be a basic given regardless of what they're like as a person, but k.

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, as soon as you think you aren't a human anymore, I personally believe you need to go seek help and nobody should accept it as normal or healthy.

Where did they hurt you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back