• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bacon is gross
I don't like candy and chocolate like, sure in small doses but ehh.
(American) Football is dumb. I don't want all of those people getting injured for entertainment

cats>dogs

I absolutely hate most sports. Watching them. Not playing them. Why watch sports if you could just...play them?

I also think musicals are annoying. Despite being a musician. Hmm.

1. I really don't care for social media. I use snapchat from time to time but I really don't understand people who obsess over their number of Instagram followers or their snapchat streaks
2. I hate pie. What is the appeal of dry crust filled with mushy fruit anyway?
3. Strawberry is not the best flavor Starbursts
4. I can't stand rap music
5. I don't find it necessary to always be updated on the latest technology. I have friends who buy every new model of iPhone even though they are all basically the same besides a few minor upgrades and a bigger size. I'm perfectly content with my iPhone 5s and feel no need to upgrade any time soon so long as it continues to work
6. You are born with a sex, not a gender
7. Modern art is a scam. I don't find incredibly simplistic design interesting at all.
8. Euthanasia and abortion should be legalized (don't get mad at me)
9. Puppies > Kittens. Not unpopular, but certainly controversial
10. Anime is very, very overrated
11. Most popular Youtubers are annoying and not funny
12. School uniforms should never be mandatory. People should be allowed to express themselves with their clothing
13. Avocado is really gross

1. Abortions should be legal and are entirely up to the woman.
2. Apple is a ripoff and is greedy.
3. Modern consoles are also a ripoff. PC gaming is much better for your money (unless you want the exclusives).
4. Nintendo is getting crappier and producing mediocre games nowadays.
5. I refuse to be suckered into greedy companies who rip you off, which tbh, is pretty much all companies.
6. The food industry is a rip off too and forces you to read and research every single piece of food you eat or buy at the store.
7. The middle school and high school coolness or popularity thing is ********.
8. People are soooo sensitive nowadays and grt triggered over everything.
9. Mental illnesses are a big deal and I'm glad people are becoming more educated on the subject.
10. McDonald's burgers are disappointing and always look like someone sat on them before serving it to you.
11. Big dogs are ugly and their fur feels nasty.
12. Lol at people who drown their tea or coffee with sugar.

1. Abortions should be legal and are entirely up to the woman.
2. Apple is a ripoff and is greedy.
3. Modern consoles are also a ripoff. PC gaming is much better for your money (unless you want the exclusives).
4. Nintendo is getting crappier and producing mediocre games nowadays.
5. I refuse to be suckered into greedy companies who rip you off, which tbh, is pretty much all companies.
6. The food industry is a rip off too and forces you to read and research every single piece of food you eat or buy at the store.
7. The middle school and high school coolness or popularity thing is ********.
8. People are soooo sensitive nowadays and grt triggered over everything.
9. Mental illnesses are a big deal and I'm glad people are becoming more educated on the subject.
10. McDonald's burgers are disappointing and always look like someone sat on them before serving it to you.
11. Big dogs are ugly and their fur feels nasty.
12. Lol at people who drown their tea or coffee with sugar.

I totally agree with what I bolded of yours. I kinda agree about Nintendo's job on their newer video games. Although I admit that the handheld gaming has improved, I couldn't say the same about consoles. After the GameCube era, Nintendo's console games have been more of a disappointment as time rolls by. Seriously, the gravity mechanic is bad for platformers, at least if levels are just a bunch of objects. I hope the switch isn't as disappointing.

I have a strong feeling that bullying/ cyber bullying has taken many glorified and idolized disguises on the modern world, also I hate how things like morbid obesity is seen as inspirational or brave, there's a difference between fat acceptance and this inverted body/fat shaming that's going around these days

Last edited:
Thank God. A place for me to express myself without think I'm insane... let's see...

1. I think the concept of dating today is really, really messed up. Like people are just like hey let's date, and it leads to a "hey, let's get married" situation which usually ends up in divorce. If I was dating I would be with the person for quite a few years before I even considered marrying them.

2. I really, really don't like games for Playstation, Xbox, PC, or pretty much any platformer except Nintendo. I truly have no idea why. The only exceptions are games I grew up playing on the PS1 and PS2. There's even Nintendo games I don't like to play, like Metroid. Am I even considered a "gamer"? I guess I used to play a lot of videogames, but not anymore...

3. Everything nowadays sucks. New TV's suck, new food sucks, new music sucks, once thriving places now suck or look terrible, pop culture sucks, clothing style sucks... even people suck nowadays. (Hint hint maybe this is why I'm such an introvert...)

4. If I had any kids I would never let them sit around and play on an ipad or watch TV all day. I would make them go outside and roll in the mud and go enjoy nature and have fun like kids should. Maybe once in a while play a good old N64 game with their mom.

5. I really am not fond of modern technology. I sense a robot uprising coming and it legitimately scares me. I try to keep my stuff as outdated as possible (my TV was built in 1991, for example). The only new tech I really approve of is stuff I've seen in Star Trek like replicators, tricorders, and warp drive.

6. I think sports like volleyball, american football, and traditional basketball are terrible. Like who the heck actually enjoys bumping into others all the time and trying to humiliate other players by saying stupid stuff like "in your face" when you score then throwing a sissy fit when you lose?

7. I believe that most of the time liberals have no idea what they're talking about. I hate using labels like that but it's like whenever I watch interviews between conservatives and liberals like the latter talks a bit dimwitted (please take offense if needed).

8. This "everyone can win" attitude that's floating around in sports and schools is a bunch of bullcrap. If you lose, then you lose. You don't need a participation trophy. Suck it up and move on. Maybe try to better yourself instead of getting rewarded for doing something stupid that literally everyone can do like running 10 feet in a track race or writing one sentence on an essay.

9. Idk why kids and teens these days are so disrespectful but when I'm around my peers I really feel like telling them like it is because they think they're all that and show off all the time and are disrespectful to their elders just to get a reaction out of people. Like are you really that desperate?? It is so hard to find good, respectful kids these days. They do show up, though. Like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow or something like that.

10. I think dogs suck. As much as I like certain breeds, I've never seen a "good" dog in person, they tear up the yard all the time, they go to the bathroom whenever they want to, half of the time they don't listen unless you seriously train them, they chew up stuff no matter how much you tell them not to, and they eat anything and everything especially if they know it's gonna make them throw up and you'll have to clean it up for 25 minutes. HOW IS THAT CUTE??? And some dogs are vicious as crap and want to jump on people all the time, like my friend had a dog who barked at me constantly and never let me sit anywhere in her house, yet show loved that dog. I really don't get it. I have a white german shepherd and I have trained him some but since I didn't get him when he was really young I couldn't train him well. He has ruined our back yard. He makes me mad a lot. Cats are better.

11. I also don't like other animals that can't be trained, like rabbits. I have 3 rabbits and I get so mad at them because they never listen. I think if I had my one cat I would be perfectly content...

There's probably more but I can't just sit here and rant all day. People don't need to waste their time reading my thoughts, anyways. But then again why write?

Thank God. A place for me to express myself without think I'm insane... let's see...

1. I think the concept of dating today is really, really messed up. Like people are just like hey let's date, and it leads to a "hey, let's get married" situation which usually ends up in divorce. If I was dating I would be with the person for quite a few years before I even considered marrying them.

2. I really, really don't like games for Playstation, Xbox, PC, or pretty much any platformer except Nintendo. I truly have no idea why. The only exceptions are games I grew up playing on the PS1 and PS2. There's even Nintendo games I don't like to play, like Metroid. Am I even considered a "gamer"? I guess I used to play a lot of videogames, but not anymore...

3. Everything nowadays sucks. New TV's suck, new food sucks, new music sucks, once thriving places now suck or look terrible, pop culture sucks, clothing style sucks... even people suck nowadays. (Hint hint maybe this is why I'm such an introvert...)

4. If I had any kids I would never let them sit around and play on an ipad or watch TV all day. I would make them go outside and roll in the mud and go enjoy nature and have fun like kids should. Maybe once in a while play a good old N64 game with their mom.

5. I really am not fond of modern technology. I sense a robot uprising coming and it legitimately scares me. I try to keep my stuff as outdated as possible (my TV was built in 1991, for example). The only new tech I really approve of is stuff I've seen in Star Trek like replicators, tricorders, and warp drive.

6. I think sports like volleyball, american football, and traditional basketball are terrible. Like who the heck actually enjoys bumping into others all the time and trying to humiliate other players by saying stupid stuff like "in your face" when you score then throwing a sissy fit when you lose?

7. I believe that most of the time liberals have no idea what they're talking about. I hate using labels like that but it's like whenever I watch interviews between conservatives and liberals like the latter talks a bit dimwitted (please take offense if needed).

8. This "everyone can win" attitude that's floating around in sports and schools is a bunch of bullcrap. If you lose, then you lose. You don't need a participation trophy. Suck it up and move on. Maybe try to better yourself instead of getting rewarded for doing something stupid that literally everyone can do like running 10 feet in a track race or writing one sentence on an essay.

9. Idk why kids and teens these days are so disrespectful but when I'm around my peers I really feel like telling them like it is because they think they're all that and show off all the time and are disrespectful to their elders just to get a reaction out of people. Like are you really that desperate?? It is so hard to find good, respectful kids these days. They do show up, though. Like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow or something like that.

10. I think dogs suck. As much as I like certain breeds, I've never seen a "good" dog in person, they tear up the yard all the time, they go to the bathroom whenever they want to, half of the time they don't listen unless you seriously train them, they chew up stuff no matter how much you tell them not to, and they eat anything and everything especially if they know it's gonna make them throw up and you'll have to clean it up for 25 minutes. HOW IS THAT CUTE??? And some dogs are vicious as crap and want to jump on people all the time, like my friend had a dog who barked at me constantly and never let me sit anywhere in her house, yet show loved that dog. I really don't get it. I have a white german shepherd and I have trained him some but since I didn't get him when he was really young I couldn't train him well. He has ruined our back yard. He makes me mad a lot. Cats are better.

11. I also don't like other animals that can't be trained, like rabbits. I have 3 rabbits and I get so mad at them because they never listen. I think if I had my one cat I would be perfectly content...

There's probably more but I can't just sit here and rant all day. People don't need to waste their time reading my thoughts, anyways. But then again why write?

I wonder if you miss the 90's as much as I do, even though I wasn't actually alive then.

I don't like owls ???? im a horrible person

- - - Post Merge - - -

i like rats

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think suicide, abortions and euthanasia are okay

Last edited:
1. People take dating way to seriously in high school.
2. Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are my favorite DS games
3. I think nail and toe polish are the ugliest things a person can do. I don't know why, but it just makes me cringe.

The main unpopular opinion I have is...

I ABSOLUTELY HATE SOCIAL MEDIA!!

Also I am in the 8th grade and my friends have boyfriends!

Last edited:
I think that waterboarding is okay as long as it's been regulated to standards that

a) We know the person is a terrorist.
b) That person plans on committing an evil act.
c) That waterboarding will give us more knowledge.

Yes, you can be racist to a white person, and no white ppl are not oppressed. Same with heterophobia and straight ppl.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate Fridays as much as I hate every other day of the week.

Last edited:
I like the Metroid franchise more than Zelda.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, you can be racist to a white person, and no white ppl are not oppressed.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate Fridays as much as I hate every other day of the week.

I also really hate fridays, it's for two reasons: the streets are too crowded/ any place we go to is also so crowded and because it's common for me not to find company to hang out with and I often hate going out alone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back