• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Looking for pricing advice and critique!

Beige

always ratty
Bells
So I'm thinking about selling art for TBT because I really need to buy bush starts (like, zillions) but I have no idea what to price it as. I'd really love to hear what you guys think my art should cost.

I'm also 100% looking for constructive criticism. Although I'm not trying to make realistic artwork I still think other people could definitely help me shape my style more if they gave me some feedback!

Examples are below!
-------------------------------------------------------​

General
I'm always looking for art practise and the best way for me to do that is to offer sketches or full drawings to other people. That way I'm less likely to give up partway through! Hehe. I had a thread HERE which became cluttered and difficult to keep track of, so I decided I should move over to a new one done properly.

~~~

Rules
  • Please credit me when appropriate (eg. someone asks about it!)
  • Please do not claim my art was done by you
  • You may edit art (that you requested) as long as you tell me
  • Do not use my art to sell or make a profit in any way
  • Constructive criticism and feedback are welcome but please don't nag ;--;
  • Only request one picture at a time please
~~~​

Examples!
Here are some of the drawings I've done recently for members of the forum. All the characters belong to the people who requested them!

~~~​

Last edited:
Oh, you have an art thread, now! :D Awesome.
Okay, I had mentioned maybe a pencil running away from two humans chasing it in your other thread.
So, I don't know if I should put that here, too or not. So, I'm going to :D
Also, thanks again so much for the dragonfly. I really dig it! :D

Yes I'm kind of in the process of shifting stuff over to this thread, but I'm still completely all the requests from the old one. Hopefully people will start posting here instead in time. And that's great, I'm really glad you like the dragonfly! I'm absolutely awful at anything non-human so it's a relief to hear I did okay. And Kayla that'd be fine! I always look forward to doing quirky characters.

Yup! I hope it works out. :D

Anyway, here's 2 more finished pictures.
peebers_by_this_rat-d8wotx0.png

kaylagirl2_by_this_rat-d8wphik.png

I finished Peebers' one and then realised that their OC might actually be a freaking BEAR and not a cat. I'm too sleepy for this stuff man. She looks so cute with little pink cat ears I don't wanna change it :(

Last edited:
i"M CRYIGN MY HEART <3

it's perfect Beige! I love it so much omg. (I hope u get free food today!! <3)

And she is a cat! If you're taking commissions, I have outfits that I would love for her to be drawn in! Your style makes me cry it's bEAUTIFUL

Yes I'm kind of in the process of shifting stuff over to this thread, but I'm still completely all the requests from the old one. Hopefully people will start posting here instead in time. And that's great, I'm really glad you like the dragonfly! I'm absolutely awful at anything non-human so it's a relief to hear I did okay. And Kayla that'd be fine! I always look forward to doing quirky characters.

Hey, it's always good for artists to push their boundaries, especially taking just a written idea and turning it into something.
That's pretty cool.

Peebers: I actually did get some free muffins today, I think you blessed me haha. Sure I take commissions in the same sort of way I accept art trades. I don't have set prices or anything though. Just let me know what you want!

Gamzee: There's quite a waiting list right now but I've added her to it.

X2k5a7y: Yeah I don't do that sort of thing like, ever. Animals and backgrounds are on my list of "must force myself to practise drawing" though :')

hey, do you mind if I draw a human ver of your OC? I bought a base today and I really want to draw something on it afdgdfg

If you're asking me then sure! I'm thinking about making a human OC version of one of my rats at some point to be honest so that sounds great. :) their info is under the art trade section, have fun

Do you have examples of your rats? Or pics? I'd do both in return if you can do these 2? ^^
This was a silly idea I had about a year ago on another site and recently I've really grown to love it and really want to expand on my collection of us wearing them.
Me -
46descrip2_1.png

More Examples

Him -
46hisdescrip2.png

More examples

The beautiful outfits -
OrOLoOG.png

kainandpaw_zpsdc5944fb.png

kain2_1.png

DC5kbDu.jpg

** Action poses are always super cool to see, but some cute/cuddly stuff every now and then for this would be awesome too!

Here's my art examples that I can offer atm ^^
(sorry I don't really have animal examples. I usually prefer ppl, lol)

Last edited:
EtchaSketch's picture!! (I think oh my gosh I'm so sleepy)
etchasketch2_by_this_rat-d8wu0ov.png

I really really wish I could make backgrounds transparent :( But I am only a small fly (who uses SAI)

edit: Hey kainaronele, sure that sounds great! Its hard to take pics of my rats so they're not very clear, but here's 2 of them
ignore_this_by_this_rat-d8wtzcg.jpg
You don't have to do both of them I don't mind if it's only 1! The black and white 1's black markings on her back extend all the way to her tail, like a stripe down her back.

Last edited:
EtchaSketch's picture!! (I think oh my gosh I'm so sleepy)
etchasketch_by_this_rat-d8wty32.png

I really really wish I could make backgrounds transparent :( But I am only a small fly (who uses SAI)

You can :0 If you change the file to .png, it gives you an option to "make each pixel its own" or something like that, which makes the piece transparent!

WHAT!! How comes no one ever told me?!?! I've been living a hell!!
now im gunna' have to trasparent-ise all my old drawings ...

If you're still taking requests, you could do my mayor if you'd like! ^-^

Reference Chart :

AOtjvbV.jpg

xypIsPR.jpg

Examples :

pHQ0fXK.jpg

By ~ Poppet/Peoyne
f0EPN0q.jpg

By ~ spacejammies
6BTWPqK.jpg

By ~ XCherryskyx
CGuGFme.jpg