• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Went to GameStop and got some new info

Cress

Bells
Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
One of the employees told me some info about the Wii U game. This will probably only apply to North America, but it could be the same for Europe.

The first thing he said was that the GameCube adapter WOULD work for other games. I'm pretty sure Nintendo already said that it wouldn't, so I have no idea if this is true or not.

The second (and probably most interesting) is that some amiibos will be limited. He only knows that Marth, Little Mac, and Wii Fit Trainer are limited for now, but others will be to. So don't plan on getting Marth next July, as they probably won't be sold anywhere except online.

The last thing is that you MIGHT get a free amiibo with the game, but they won't know until the week it comes out.​

Cool beans. It would be logical the gamecube adapter worked with other games, but Nintendo probably won't do that because they don't really think of minor (yet extremely important) details like that sometimes :p but it would be cool if they did. A free Amiibo sounds cool, but is it gonna the same for every copy like you get Mario or maybe it's random or you can choose or something like that, I honestly don't care just as long if it's free :D

Last edited:
I also forgot to add this. I preordered a Marth amiibo because of it being limited and all that. If you do get a free amiibo with the game, any money you put down on 1 amiibo will go towards the game's purchase. So I put $5 down to preorder Marth. If the 1 free amiibo deal is happening, then I would have the $5 go to the cost of the game and 'd get Marth for free. So it sounds like you would be able to choose.

I hope that deal with the free amiibo is true. I want to pre-order the game somewhere, and I want that somewhere to be Gamestop.

Wuts a gamestop? EB games is where it's at (even though it's just the Canadian version)

I can confirm the gamecube adapter works with other games besides smash.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/turns_out_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_wont_be_compatible_with_other_wii_u_software

"Here's what Nintendo UK told us today:

The GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U is compatible with Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U specifically - it is not compatible with any other Wii U software. The adapter is also not compatible with Wii and we apologise for any confusion."

tbh I wouldn't trust some random guy in GameStop about stuff like that anyway. They often are misinformed or just don't know stuff.

cba to look for it but yeah Nintendo said some amiibos would be limited because they have to be taken off shelves for other ones to be put on shelves. But "staple characters" will remain on shelves

anyway like LambdaDelta I already get everything online anyway so lel

Incidentally, my buddy at Gamestop "broke" about 30 of the 45 they just got in. NFC readers work, and maybe 28 of them are still basically the same, but his boss said to throw them away after he dropped the box containing them. Buddy took it out to the dumpster, chucked it in... whoops! Went an extra ten yards to the back of my truck!

Incidentally, my buddy at Gamestop "broke" about 30 of the 45 they just got in. NFC readers work, and maybe 28 of them are still basically the same, but his boss said to throw them away after he dropped the box containing them. Buddy took it out to the dumpster, chucked it in... whoops! Went an extra ten yards to the back of my truck!

<.< Well played...

Enjoy your Marth Amiibo!

http://i.imgur.com/jeQF7il.jpg

Back