• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

DAq11rY.gif

5 minutes late Tina. Unacceptable. Off the approved host list immediately.

I think you're in the wrong when saying that. I share Trundle's views - You are the most scummy person in the game in my eyes as well. But the evidence against Dolby is simply stronger, and that's why I voted for him. I've been saying it all day: In my opinion, we cannot afford to gamble at this stage of the game. If Dolby is looking very likely to flip scum, we'll have to go for him first. Then we can start going through his posts, analyze them, and hopefully find the rest of his team.

n_n hi sataric
i only had 3 votes..

thesirenscall_nightthree_zps53e254fe.png

Sunset is a distant memory. Kidd can’t recall the last time he even saw a ray of sunlight peeping through the fog. But as what he imagines to be the sun going down, he lights the lamps and scatters them around the deck.

Despite James’ collapse, some of the crew were beginning to look brighter. For once, Kidd isn’t alone, and he feels better for it. Casual conversation and several glasses of rum are enough to distract him from his newfound fear of the night. He’d witnessed too many deaths now, and he couldn’t help but stop thinking of them as individuals. They had become mere tally marks scratched into the wall nearest his bunk.

“Kidd!” The Captain’s voice booms across the deck. The pirates fall silent, all looking back to where their grand leader stands at the wheel.

Kidd excuses himself from the group and makes his way to the upper part of the deck. He stumbles a little, unsure whether to blame his unsteadiness on the waves or the drink. He can hear his comrades laughing behind him.

“The sun has set,” the Captain says, “I’m going to get some shut eye. I want you to man the wheel.”

Kidd tries to steady his composure. “Aye, Captain.”

The Captain slings an arm around his shoulder, leaning in close to him. He points out into the water. “Don’t mess this up.”

“I’ll do my best, Captain.”

The Captain merely laughs and walks away. Once he’s gone from view, Kidd closes his eyes for a moment and focuses on his breathing. When he opens them again, he prays for his vision to be clear.

With his eyes closed, he can hear what sounds like a soft humming under the laughter of the drunken crew. When he opens his eyes again, it stops. He blinks slowly, trying to register whether or not it’s even real.

He tries to put it to the back of his mind, but even trying to focus on navigating the ship through this endless fog isn’t enough to save his nerves.

The ship jolts. The crew stop laughing. Kidd grips the wheel tighter.

“What was that?”

“Did we hit something?”

“Kidd, what’s happening?”

Someone grabs a lantern and dashes to the bow of the ship. He leans over the edge and screams before dropping the light. Then he falls silent. His eyes are transfixed on something beyond the ship.

Then the voice becomes louder. Kidd tries to move, but he’s rooted to the ground. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, listening to the music. He can feel a sudden wind on the back of his neck, chilling his ears to a point that they physically hurt. Then he can feel claws sinking into his shoulder.

Gunshots sound. Kidd turns around to see a naked creature on the ground. He blinks again and he sees a flash of golden wings. He blinks a third time and the body is gone.

He turns around and he sees the Captain, poised on a step with a gun aimed at him.

“Where’d it go?” the Captain asks.

Kidd blacks out.

(1) Dolby aka. Peisinoe (Mafia Roleblocker) failed to seduce their victim.

You consider yourself a one-human siren only for as long as the moon hangs in the sky. Each night, you can sneak onto the ship and lure a new target out from their bunk. They will become completely enamoured with you until sunrise.

Once per night you can PM the host with the name of a player you wish to stop from acting. You cannot target the same person two nights a row. If you target another player with a similar role both of your actions will be rendered useless.

Win Condition: To equal or outnumber the town.

(2) JellofishXD aka. Nathan the Master Gunner (Vigilante) was modkilled for inactivity.

You’re the sort of man who shoots first and asks questions later. It’s worked for you in the past, so your trigger happy mentality has yet to change.

Each night you can shoot a player.

Win Condition: Successfully eliminate all of the anti-town killing roles.

You have 24 hours to PM your night actions.

Night 3 will end 11pm BST (6pm EDT) on Thursday 4th September.

NB: Sorry for delay. It got to 10:59pm, hit preview, and the browser ate the post. :mad:

Last edited:
go town!
{rip jello}
also to ryan being town rber, he's essentially cleared, right?

Wait... The vig could of shot each night. Jellofish chose to never shoot. Wow... he wasn't yoloing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and Ryan, I suggest you block whoever you think is scum.

"Each night you can shoot a player." - I cannot believe this. Why didn't he do anything!? Or did he? I'm so confused. Ugh.

Anyways, at least we got Scum, and that's wonderful news - We're back in the game now. I will be going to bed in just a few moments because it's late here, but we should start analyzing Dolby's posts right away. It should provide us with better insight on who else might be on his team, and whom it would be wise to use whatever nightly powers we may still have upon. And if I don't survive the night, I think we can trust in Alice almost completely. She's not very likely to get killed either, seeing as she has two night lives. In my mind she just went from "a bit suspicious" to being more or less fully cleared.

I can't quote much because I'm on my iPod, but I looked quickly through Dolby's posts and he found Cariad "extremely suspicious", agreed with Tom on one or two occasions, found ryan88 suspicious, and after ryan88 said he roleblocked Karla, Dolby suggested to wait for Karla's response before they continued.

Also, running Dolby's role name into Google brings you to the Wikipedia link regarding Sirens. There is a paragraph in it that says:

Their individual names are variously rendered in the later sources as Thelxiepeia/Thelxiope/Thelxinoe, Molpe, Himerope, Aglaophonos/Aglaope/Aglaopheme, Pisinoe/Peisino?/Peisithoe, Parthenope, Ligeia, Leucosia, Raidne, and Teles."

I don't know if this is actually useful but I think that it's possible that Tina got the names for the other Sirens out of this bunch here. Spellings seem to vary. Reading the article might provide some information we could use, but it's a long shot. Linking it just in case: CLICKABLE!

Yeah, Jello, wasnt playing to win.. >.< we could have nailed scum, but no. GAH! Even if you didnt know you should have just gone for it, gut what ever, you saw us discussing people..

What a risky move it was the claim veteran, did he really think he wouldn't be counter claimed?

- - - Post Merge - - -

to claim, rather

Back