• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I get Tomodachi Life?

Tomodachi Life?

• Total voters

Sloom

sherb
Bells
Switch
2591-2333-2046
Island
Comatose
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
User Title Color Change
User Title Color Change
I've seen the trailer and it looks pretty cool, I'm not sure whether to buy it or not... I want Pokemon X as well, so I'm not sure which one to get, or both, or neither... Not sure at all.

That's where you come in! Vote on my poll xD

If it looks interesting to you, get it.

We already have like 3 of these threads. :/

Are there? Ha, I didn't notice, perhaps I could have a look

P.S Love your avatar...

Last edited:
If I were to be you, I'd purchase Pok?mon X instead. Here's why I wouldn't recommend getting Tomodachi Life, as said in another thread I replied to.

myself said:
While Tomodachi Life is a good game on its own, $35 is too much to ask considering on how shallow is the game. I mean, if you try to play longer than 15 minutes, you would be likely getting bored of its repetitiveness nature of taking care of your Miis. Unlike Animal Crossing: New Leaf, there's always something to do on every five minutes of gameplay, but most of them are essentially the same tasks you've encountered minutes ago. That's what you'll eventually encounter in the full game regardless on how many Miis on the island. Also, the dialogues I've seen so far are too simplistic to efficiently represent said Mii's personality. I wish they were on par with ACNL's writing.
Part of the game's appeal is how your Mii representation of yourself (or people you actually know) reacts among various situations and the game's WarioWare-style humour getting you to smile. For example, Wario actually ending up marrying some random Japanese girl made me laugh. That's the only major redeeming factor of the game

As a owner of the Japanese version of the game, I'm having a hard time recommending this game. If you can find it for cheap enough, then go ahead. Otherwise, keep your hard-earned bucks for something much better than Tomodachi Life.

Last edited:
I'd say get Tomodachi. I felt like it was worth it unlike other people and it was just fun! Pok?mon X was pretty bland in the end, so you'll be better waiting for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

I'd avoid Tomodachi Life. I bought it for $35 and thought I'd love it, considering how hyped I was. After a month of playing for like 15 minutes a day, I've regretted my purchase pretty badly.

Pokemon X is a better choice IMO. However, Fire Emblem should be a definite choice for you to consider, if you're interested.

Go ahead if you like doing the same tasks over and over again.
Go ahead. No but seriously if you want to experience TL you're better off watching a let's play. Having to play the minigames and the actual game is extremely bland and a waste. While X isn't the best pokemon game out there it's atleast a game, which TL is not. TL is literally like a polished phone game without pay walls.

Other recommendations I have are :
Tales of the abyss - It's a solid tales game and one of the better ones even though Vesperia blows it out of the water. If you have any interest in getting into the series go ahead.

Zero escape - Virtue's last reward - I love love this series. I love love love well crafted visual novels and puzzles, and if so do you I 100% recommend it. It's a sequel to 999 : nine hours, nine persons, nine doors however you can still enjoy it without having played the prequel.

Fire emblem awakening - It's a great strategy game however I felt like it lacked all the charm the earlier titles had. The story felt really bland to me aswell and the whole idea of marriage felt like fanserviccuuu to me. If you're interested in Fire emblem pick up the earlier titles to experience the beautiful charm they have. FEA is by no means a bad game though. Even with all the complaints I have I don't regret the purchase

The endgame to X/Y is really lacking and it seems that most of the time spent was spent on making the graphics. Seriously the next time pokemon franchise is gonna get a graphics update I'm gonna expect disappointment. Like just look at Gates to infinity. What a disgrace.

Last edited:
Zanessa. Are you for real?!!

I am 100% for real.
They did a bad job trying to recruit new Pokemon fans for that game. :/

To be honest, I would only recommend TL if you like limited simulation games.

Try another game if you can.

defs pokemon.

you should only consider getting tomodachi life if it's on sale

Honestly, Tomodachi Life is really expensive and pretty boring and repetitive. You should get Pokemon X. C:

imo neither really, Tomodachi life was fun for the first few days but the lack of online play and the repetitiveness of the game gets old quick and pokemon X and Y was okay at first but its the first pokemon game i have never finished so yeah its up to you, I would go on IGN and youtube to watch lets plays and figure out if its worth your bells lol

Tomodachi life is good and quirky and fun but i regret buying it, it's so expensive for what it is...
I would recommend that you wait a few months until the price lowers to a justifiable price or get a second hand copy

I would probably recommend both of them. Tomodachi Life is fun but it can sometimes get a little boring so I would maybe wait until it's on sale/second hand. As for Pokemon X It's a really good game but I would probably wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Pokemon x is really fun (and xerneas is amazing). Although I did vote for it, maybe wait until November for alpha ruby and omega sapphire (unless you've played ruby and sapphire, and would prefer a different storyline/foe)

Back