• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia X: The Honnō-ji Incident [Game Over/Town Win]

Well why would scum expose fellow scum like that?

Usually, people associate successful lynches with those who gave out the information. Karen/Gallows may not be scum but it could have been a coverup to make Karen/Gallows look innocent because she knew Trundle would share the PM and expose her as town aligned. Ultimately it's up to you who to inspect but since we talked about it earlier before all the SP trash I thought we should discuss it again

It was either to gain trust from Town (which was stupid since they were replaced), or because Andel had been already acting weird and Karen just lied because she didn't want to defend them and risk getting lynched.

Keep in mind Karen didn't know she'd leave the game when she conversed the information so it could still be a way to gain trust

As a sacrifice.

That's stupid.

You're wasting an inspection on me if you do decide to go that route. If you seriously think it's worth it then go ahead, but you'd be better off on using it on someone else. Carrying this whole Karen thing into almost day 3 is a bit much. When Andel popped red that should have been case enough to believe I'm town.

Yknow if you guys thonk That pally might be leader of cult then look into inspecting Her or her friends. She recruited people she liked in cult mafia. She got needle noodle me and minties. As cult she gets her people she likes

Here is my roll claim Kaiaa

1012657.jpg

Regarding how Karen knew Andel's roll, Occam's razor says Karen picked up on something Andel said. She wasn't completely spot on with the roll, but specific enough that I believe Andel hinted she had a blocking power. I don't believe Karen bussed Andel, that's a dumb move. If Gallows IS scum, he'll find him out eventually.

I knew SP didn't had a really exciting place i wouldn't guess he was a bushi...

- - - Post Merge - - -

*Fixing post*a really exciting role

Y'know, Trundle kind of dropped off the radar a bit. Posted once yesterday, didn't really go forward much with his lynch of alise. Trundle, where have ya been?

Yknow if you guys thonk That pally might be leader of cult then look into inspecting Her or her friends. She recruited people she liked in cult mafia. She got needle noodle me and minties. As cult she gets her people she likes

Yeah. True point. I started as cult last game, our thoughts were good players, and cos pally wanted her boyfriend, we also had a friend. We were actually thinking of getting some other players, but we won before that could happen. :)

That is just evidence towards pally as cult leader.

I was thinking about waiting until the Night results have been shown before making my post, but on the odd chance that I would get eliminated from the game by then, it is probably wiser if I forward a couple of thoughts right now.

Starting with Trundle since someone else brought him up already - He has definitely contributed with many beneficial things for Town. However, he did slip away a bit after the first night had ended. I do believe a doctor saved him, like he said - But perhaps they only blocked the Mafia kill, and he got converted to a cultist. If not, it's very likely that he'll be targeted tonight. We must be careful not to trust him too much because I feel like he's the player that most town players have confided in (besides Jeremy) and that makes him very dangerous if converted.

As for PallyCake, I am not sold on the idea that she's the cultist leader. She was very silent towards the later half of the SuperNatural Mafia as well, when she was an important town role. And she certainly contributed with a lot of things behind the scenes that game, through PMs and such. She made some mistakes, but we're all only human, and overall she definitely added value to the Town team. Her behavior this game seems very similar to her behavior that game.

I feel like Kippla has defended Farobi a bit - Specifically with this post:
Kippla said:
Farobi is almost always quiet, usually because he's bored. When you get Townie over and over again, there is really nothing more for you to do, so the game gets boring to you (I've been Townie in every single game in Mafia so far, so I know what it feels like). He likely got active because he was Mafia for a change, which means he had a private chat and he had to be active, making it much more interesting than it was previously with a role change. If he continues to be quiet, it's likely he's, once again, a bored Townie.

I don't agree with it at all, because Farobi was just as quiet when he was indeed Mafia in the BioShock round, and eventually got replaced. And he's very active on the forums overall. Long story short, if Farobi flips scum then we should check Kippla afterwards in my opinion.

A post before day comes.

Ashtot's posting concerns me. His activity has dropped off significantly since the first day. His only decent post was one where he expresses his opposition to lynching Superpenguin and alise. And then when the lynch comes and they're both town, he jumps to remind everyone of how correct he was. My issue is not that he disagreed with their lynches, it's that he made little attempt to steer the town away from their lynches. He expresses just enough opposition so that he can point at it as evidence of his towniness, but he doesn't add anything. It's quite common for scum to wait for a mislynch to happen and then jump in flaming everyone.

I mean, his posts following it are just needlessly abrasive and unhelpful.
My point isn't my innocence. My point is that you guys need to freaking pay attention to everyone's playstyles, and just the game in general. You aren't a god Karla, stop being so cocky. You guys need to seriously think when playing this game, I definitely didn't expect that level of ignorance from Karla, and the others trying to coordinate towns actions.
He's never talking about himself or his ideas. Always pointing the finger and absolving himself of blame. Yet at the same time he's contributed nothing himself. Presenting a list of inactives and saying he's happy to lynch them is not contributing. I also find the comment about me being cocky pretty funny, given this post he made earlier..
1) What qualities do you think you have that help town?
I'm the best Mafia player on this forum (except for KarlaKGB), and my many skills will come in handy in any situation.

Also, I've already pointed out this post:
I wanted Superpenguin lynched, but I also thought he was a townie, just a useless one. It's not contradictory, and it's not about "I told you so". It's about people stepping up their game in order to actually make smart decisions and win.
Wanting to lynch someone who you've townread? What's up with that? And once again, complaining that others need to step up their game and make smart decisions, while doing none of that himself.

I'll be ##Vote: Ashtot when day comes.

A post before day comes.

Ashtot's posting concerns me. His activity has dropped off significantly since the first day. His only decent post was one where he expresses his opposition to lynching Superpenguin and alise. And then when the lynch comes and they're both town, he jumps to remind everyone of how correct he was. My issue is not that he disagreed with their lynches, it's that he made little attempt to steer the town away from their lynches. He expresses just enough opposition so that he can point at it as evidence of his towniness, but he doesn't add anything. It's quite common for scum to wait for a mislynch to happen and then jump in flaming everyone.

I mean, his posts following it are just needlessly abrasive and unhelpful.

He's never talking about himself or his ideas. Always pointing the finger and absolving himself of blame. Yet at the same time he's contributed nothing himself. Presenting a list of inactives and saying he's happy to lynch them is not contributing. I also find the comment about me being cocky pretty funny, given this post he made earlier..

Also, I've already pointed out this post:

Wanting to lynch someone who you've townread? What's up with that? And once again, complaining that others need to step up their game and make smart decisions, while doing none of that himself.

I'll be ##Vote: Ashtot when day comes.

To be honest, there's really not much I could say or do this game, I've been kept in the dark and haven't seen anyone actually do anything worth suspicion. And yes, of course I wanted Superpenguin lynched. All he did was flame and continue to be un-cooperative. At least I've been working with Jer and Trundle behind the scenes. A mafia ally is just as bad as scum imo.

~@ Karla - Maybe I am missing something here and I need to learn how to read between the lines better, but isn't it very foolish to decide on whom you're going to vote for right now, before the night is over and possible new evidence is brought to the table both by the deaths that will likely occur and by the information that our blue roles will uncover? I really feel like you're getting way ahead of yourself and that you either have some hidden intentions with it, or you're possibly making a mistake. The points you made against Ashtot are reasonably valid and do make some sense - I am not defending him, or denying that - I just think we should wait and see what happens when day comes.

night2_akechimitsuhide_zps9a609601.png

Day 3 (April ??? 1582)

It?s a sunny afternoon. Akechi lies on the grassy banks of Lake Biwa, mentally going over the plans in his head. Soon, he and an army of 13,000 men would advance on Oda Nobunaga. But when would be the perfect time to strike? In Takamatsu? What about Kai? Or Shinano?

Footsteps pound on the paths outside. Akechi lifts one lazy eye, catching sight of the doctor of Sakamoto Castle. He sits up.

?What?s wrong??

?It?s horrible, Sir!? The doctor pauses for breath, doubling over. ?Tokugawa Ieyasu is tearing down the doors of Sakamoto-jo as we speak!?

?Tokugawa!??

Akechi is on his feet in seconds. He reaches for the reigns of his horse. ?Tell me everything. And hurry.?

?There was concern when you didn?t show up at Takamatsu,? the doctor says, ?so Oda Nobunaga sent Tokugawa Ieyasu over here with an army of 10,000 men.?

Akechi grits his teeth. ?I knew we should have slain Tokugawa when we had the chance in 1560.?

?So what are we going to do?? the doctor asks.

?There comes a time in every great man?s life when he has to stand up for what he believes in and, in the instance that he fails, he must accept his death and die with dignity,? Akechi says, ?but this isn?t one of those times.?

The horse races off along the banks of the river, leaving the doctor and Sakamoto Castle behind him as he heads towards the forest. When Akechi looks back over his shoulder he can see smoke rising from beyond the walls of his precious castle.

He disappears into the trees. But the horse hesitates and Akechi freezes.

KarlaKGB is leant against a tree, arms folded over his chest. ?I knew you would run. You always were a coward, Mitsuhide.?

?Don?t call me that. It?s not like we?re friends.?

?Oh?? KarlaKGB smirks and draws his sword. ?If we?re not friends then I won?t have any problem killing you.?

Akechi descends from his horse. ?Now hold on a moment. That isn?t necessary.?

?I?ll be the first to admit that I?m not Oda Nobunaga?s biggest supporter. He makes decisions I can?t agree with,? KarlaKGB says, ?but I know where my loyalties lie - and I?d give my life to protect the integrity of the Oda Clan.?

Akechi makes the first move, which KarlaKGB parries almost effortlessly. They sweat profusely and fight late into the evening. The following moring, both of their corpses are discovered by Sakamoto Castle?s castellan.

Akechi Mitsuhide (aka. Farobi) ran and hid when he should have defended himself.

KarlaKGB the Bushi died fighting for a cause he believed in.

Day 3 will end 11pm GMT (6pm EST) Monday 19th May.

This just in: Ashtot is either scum or was framed. And I know he isn't the miller. Inspection says he is the mafia roleblocker

Back