• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Hi.

[8:01pm] Tom29193: Do what you usually do Jer. "Hi"

Hello, Jer.

This is all Felorena has posted. A one-liner on Day One may indicate inactivity in the rest of the game. And her apparent boyfriend Sataric has been much more active. Assuming they are in the same time zone, she should have no problem posting something other than this.

I didn't even notice she was in this game until I saw her name on the list of players. So you may be right about the inactivity issues down the road.

This is all Felorena has posted. A one-liner on Day One may indicate inactivity in the rest of the game. And her apparent boyfriend Sataric has been much more active. Assuming they are in the same time zone, she should have no problem posting something other than this.

We aren't quite in the same timezone, but sure I can post more. ;) There's just a lot of drama based on past games that I was not involved in nor can really comment about at this moment in time. I am not familiar with anyone's play style in previous games whatsoever.

We aren't quite in the same timezone, but sure I can post more. ;) There's just a lot of drama based on past games that I was not involved in nor can really comment about at this moment in time. I am not familiar with anyone's play style in previous games whatsoever.
There are game links on the OP, if you are interested. I have read through a lot of them myself.

Well, to start: who, do you think we should lynch today? Players have already posted lists of people who are known as strong/long-time/inactive/new players:

The only person who has really stuck out, in my opinion, is SuperPenguin. His erratic reaction to Sataric's post kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Other than that, no one has really caught my attention.

If we're gonna lynch someone, I'd rather it be an inactive player. So far the only people, that I've noticed, who haven't really posted yet are:

- Noodle
- Waffle
- Justin
- Jeremy

If I'm missing someone on that list, I apologize.

Alright, it has been 19 hours and thirty-seven minutes since the Day One post had been posted. Lets see what's up.

What I see in this thread so far:
  • Superpenguin - Acting aggressive, jumping from person to person and attacking Sataric specifically because of the format of his/her posts.
    Should he be up for Day One Lynch? No. He appears to be showing several of his town behavioural traits, so I don't think he should be lynched, unless everyone wants to get rid of a distraction, of course.
  • Sataric - Posting regularly and adding to the discussion. Writes formal paragraphs. Currently appears town-aligned.
    Should he/she be considered as Day One Lynch? Definitely not. He/she is actually trying to help town. One pair of eyes should be watching him/her though, as he/she is a new player.
  • Oath2Order - Defending Sataric and himself. Dissing Superpenguin's posts.
    Should he be considered as a candidate for Day 1? Nope.

I would suggest that either Superpenguin or an inactive gets lynched today, but I'm willing to vote for anyone as long as they have decent reasoning against them.

List of people that have yet to post:
  • Justin
  • Minties
  • Farobi
  • ITookYourWaffles
  • Dolby
  • MisterNeedleMouse

With mafia practically having no safe claims now, it will be much easier to catch them, as they can't lie (well they can, but it will be much easier to tell if they are lying because of the powers the Nurse and Baker have).

Sure. I'm not doing a list of skill levels like Tom does, though, as it doesn't get us anywhere.
Long-time players:
Lunatic, Justin, Tom, SuperPenguin, Minties, Oath2Order, Farobi, Gandalf, ITookYourWaffles, Trundle, Kuma, Prin, River, BlueLeaf, Dolby, Prof Gallows, BellBringerGreen, Jeremy.

1. MissNoodle (semi-inactive)
2. pallycake
3. Kuma

And as for the new players this game:
1. Feloreena
2. Yui Z
3. Sataric

Who do you think stands out the most?

Well, to start: who, do you think we should lynch today? Players have already posted lists of people who are known as strong/long-time/inactive/new players:

SuperPenguin is CLEARLY mentioned the most.

I agree that lynching an inactive player is a good idea if they won't contribute very much, and hopefully those that haven't posted yet are planning to fairly soon.

Players who have posted and been active that stick out to me are:

Superpenguin - thought his behaviour against Sataric was pretty strange and uncalled for.

Dolby - his posts earlier seemed kind of weird and he wasn't really defending himself very well.

BlueLeaf - seems to be sticking up for all the players that are acting suspicious to me.

I don't want to lynch any of these three unless they really give something away that makes them a danger to the town. No lynch or an inactive player seems best at this moment in time for Day 1.

But does that mean we lynch him or we let him bet? Just because someone is mentioned the most doesn't mean a thing.

I say we lynch SP or we lynch an inactive. That's just my opinion.

No lynch or an inactive player seems best at this moment in time for Day 1.

I could get behind the no lynch if there's a majority for it. But as of right now, I feel as if lynching an inactive would be our best option.

I agree that lynching an inactive player is a good idea if they won't contribute very much, and hopefully those that haven't posted yet are planning to fairly soon.

Superpenguin - thought his behaviour against Sataric was pretty strange and uncalled for.

Dolby - his posts earlier seemed kind of weird and he wasn't really defending himself very well.

BlueLeaf - seems to be sticking up for all the players that are acting suspicious to me.

I don't want to lynch any of these three unless they really give something away that makes them a danger to the town. No lynch or an inactive player seems best at this moment in time for Day 1.
Out of these three, I am leaning towards Dolby. He has a history of not posting, and it would be better to get him out of the way now than to waste a lynch on him later.

I haven't been defending anyone, if I recall correctly. You might have the wrong person, all my posts have to do with SP, Sataric, and Dolby, and I don't remember defending anyone of them (not as much as Sataric, but I'm willing to give him a chance).

Apologies for taking so long to make my first proper post, I am a present participant I can assure you.

t6sDEMQ.gif

welcome to the game. Be prepared for completely made up accusations based on the fact you're new!

Okay, I really think this game is going terribly so far, and It's really surprising considering the amount of experienced players in this game. So far, most of the talk has been either repetition, or people calling others out for completely normal/known behaviour. We really need to work together to figure out lynches, and I've already posted my opinions. I think we all need to smarten up if we want town to win, although seeing all the chaos so far leads me to believe that we probably have equally distributed skill levels in every party, which will make this game really tough.

I say we lynch SP or we lynch an inactive. That's just my opinion.

Those are two completely opposite mindsets for lynch.
You're suggesting a lynch on me, someone who is posting, someone who isn't afraid to start up discussion for us even though it somehow drew all the suspicion onto me; or lynch an inactive, someone who doesn't post and won't ever start discussion or even contribute.

Purpl, you are making conclusions way too quickly, and it's frankly kinda annoying and distracting for the town. Just because two people are in the same time zone does not mean they both have the same times of availability. Everyone is different. I know personally, I'm away all Thursdays except for when I get home around 10PM (right now) and I am supposed to be doing my abundance of Physics homework and essays.

On that note, Purpl, your point earlier about townies who think they have Famine/Pestilence doesn't make any sense. We really have no idea who will be targeted by one of the Four Horsemen and when. It's really just a matter of Bakers and Nurses using their common sense on who to target save.

Lastly, remember that the third party roles in this game must be defeated for the town to win, as well as the mafia. Vice-versa for the other two. Now, onto my personal suspicions.

Calling out the following members for a post on their suspicions so far and their opinion of what's going on:
-Gandalf
-Karen
-Prof Gallows
-Jer

Right now I'm just sort of looking at Superpenguin for going crazy and then claiming he only did it to spark conversation.

Also the fact when I arrived in the IRC earlier this evening the first thing he asked to me was "Are you Pestilence?"
I don't really see why he would assume that, of all things. I'd expect him to ask if I were Mafia or if I were one of the horsemen, but being so specific about that raised some questions.

Other than that I'm not noticing a whole lot.

I'm against lynching SP today. By all means I'm not defending him but I think that would not be the best lynch choice. Yes he just went all out on Sataric which raised eyebrows, but 1) it's a good method to get a player to talk, 2) it sort of lines up with his previous town behavior, 3) SP is an active and experienced player, and 4) there are other better lynch choices.

I'd prefer not to lynch SP today as he's a fairly active contributor - better to kill off an inactive or a bad player today, as those are the players we will be worrying about the most later on in the game. SP will have enough posts that we can dissect later on if necessary.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Trundle - I made like 2-3 posts on my lynch candidates earlier before.

Those are two completely opposite mindsets for lynch.
You're suggesting a lynch on me, someone who is posting, someone who isn't afraid to start up discussion for us even though it somehow drew all the suspicion onto me; or lynch an inactive, someone who doesn't post and won't ever start discussion or even contribute.

You hopped from person to person, a criteria for lynching that you yourself have most likely used in the past.

On that note, Purpl, your point earlier about townies who think they have Famine/Pestilence doesn't make any sense. We really have no idea who will be targeted by one of the Four Horsemen and when. It's really just a matter of Bakers and Nurses using their common sense on who to target save.
I recognized after the fact that it was a stupid post, as people are not told of they have Famine or Pestilence. I forgot about that, and said something about it in the thread.

I'm against lynching SP today. By all means I'm not defending him but I think that would not be the best lynch choice. Yes he just went all out on Sataric which raised eyebrows, but 1) it's a good method to get a player to talk, 2) it sort of lines up with his previous town behavior, 3) SP is an active and experienced player, and 4) there are other better lynch choices.

I'd prefer not to lynch SP today as he's a fairly active contributor - better to kill off an inactive or a bad player today, as those are the players we will be worrying about the most later on in the game. SP will have enough posts that we can dissect later on if necessary.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Trundle - I made like 2-3 posts on my lynch candidates earlier before.

It's funny you mention this. I was talking with pally last night about Cult Mafia, and then we started talking about this game. According to her, Superpenguin also asked her role and if she had any role claims.

Back