• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Prin, my post was at mafia in general. I don't think game behaviour analyzation will get us too far in this game.

As for SP, I am against lynching him. It's pretty common for players to call out the newbies or weak players on Day 1.
I'm placing my vote on Dolby instead. He has always been pretty public about the blue sniper thing, so his "modesty" this game is coming off as scummy to me.
What?

I'm sorry for having a non American timezones and trying to get good sleep. Ok?

I'm aware that you're in a different time zone. :) By the time I posted why I considered you for lynching, everyone everywhere in the world had a full 24 hours to look at the thread and post. You had only posted once, and it was a mere few sentences. Considering the past games you were in, you slipped by in the shadows and, just like I said, caused unnecessary attention to be brought to you.

For those who asked earlier, I voted to lynch Superpenguin because of his behaviour, which quite frankly seems strange to me. If a new player (Me, Sataric, or Yui Z) behaved in that way we would probably be lynched within the hour. I was willing to let it slide, until he decides to vote to lynch Sataric because of his writing style when people have discussed better options (i.e an inactive user). It just seems strangely aggressive and a stupid reason to lynch someone on the first day.

I am willing to change my lynch vote to Dolby, as I found his posts earlier to be highly suspicious and not really defending himself, and he has still not added anything when called out. We are also running out of time for the first day, so if a lynch is going to go through, we need to reach a majority fairly quickly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops, forgot to put Dolby in bold above.

I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on Dolby. His behavior is very confusing, but his posts stating what his behavior is like as both sides make me believe he is scum. And if he isn't; he's being a distraction and it's beneficial that we should lynch him before he becomes a distraction later on.

How many of you guys actually thought about Dolby's posts before oath's statement?
I probably won't jump on the Dokby train but he wasnt realy discussed before then. At least, not that ive seen.

Although I found SPto be suspicious before (and even still a little now), I'm starting to lean away from them and more towards Dolby. Mainly because they haven't really defended themself too well, and their posts didn't make much sense to me either. I've also seen several good reasons as to why they should be lynched.

So for now I'm voting for Dolby.

How many of you guys actually thought about Dolby's posts before oath's statement?
I probably won't jump on the Dokby train but he wasnt realy discussed before then. At least, not that ive seen.

The reason why I didn't vote for Dolby because he doesn't look scummy to me although I'm not so sure about this post kinda blue red-ish even Oath has a point they were like "Oh look s/he is right I'm going to vote for Dolby because this and that, going to bandwagon train choo choo" I didn't say Oath is wrong I agree that we should also lynch the inactives because they are threats, I'm just going to wait what Dolby has to say about this because I don't feel like voting Dolby seems weird.

Blah what am I doing here I'm outta here psh.

A list of posts about Dolby before I ever said anything about him.

I mentioned Dolby in the thread, because his inactivity as Town is too similar as Mafia. Later on, he'll make us keep guessing on whether he's Town or Mafia. And apparently, he's been sick as both Town and Mafia. It was kind of swept under the rug, though.

Alright, it has been 19 hours and thirty-seven minutes since the Day One post had been posted. Lets see what's up.

What I see in this thread so far:
  • Superpenguin - Acting aggressive, jumping from person to person and attacking Sataric specifically because of the format of his/her posts.
    Should he be up for Day One Lynch? No. He appears to be showing several of his town behavioural traits, so I don't think he should be lynched, unless everyone wants to get rid of a distraction, of course.
  • Sataric - Posting regularly and adding to the discussion. Writes formal paragraphs. Currently appears town-aligned.
    Should he/she be considered as Day One Lynch? Definitely not. He/she is actually trying to help town. One pair of eyes should be watching him/her though, as he/she is a new player.
  • Oath2Order - Defending Sataric and himself. Dissing Superpenguin's posts.
    Should he be considered as a candidate for Day 1? Nope.

I would suggest that either Superpenguin or an inactive gets lynched today, but I'm willing to vote for anyone as long as they have decent reasoning against them.

List of people that have yet to post:
  • Justin
  • Minties
  • Farobi
  • ITookYourWaffles
  • Dolby
  • MisterNeedleMouse

With mafia practically having no safe claims now, it will be much easier to catch them, as they can't lie (well they can, but it will be much easier to tell if they are lying because of the powers the Nurse and Baker have).

I think we should go for Dolby. As others have said, it is hard to differentiate between his mafia and town playstyle, and he generally never posts. So we may as well get him out of our way now, instead of later in the game.
or maybe we could lynch minties bc i dont like her

Checking in here. SuperPenguin is usually highly aggressive at the start of the game. He always has been. I personally don't think that's worthy of a day one lynch, but we should probably keep an eye on him. As far as Sataric goes, I think he's just trying to not start out as a noob (as many of the newer people have) by trying to put thoughts into his posts. He acknowledged that we find his posting style annoying and agreed to change it, no reason to keep hammering.

Relatively safe lynches imo, due to constant inactivity or bad playing:

Dolby
DarkNightMoon
Purplpanda
MrKisstoefur
ITookYourWaffles

Out of Minties' list I'd prefer Dolby over other candidates:

1) The other players generally contribute to the thread and communicate in other mediums such as irc unlike him
2) As scum, Dolby is good at his so-called "blue sniping". Whatever his role is, he's dangerous to any team he opposes.

And comments about the other players:
Mrkisstoefur - as long as he doesn't ramble on about the last game and actually try this game I'd be okay giving him another chance
ITYW - she's extremely nervous as mafia (as proven in the last main mafia), it'd be fairly easy to catch her if she's asking for other people for help on what to say
PurplPanda - posts a lot and it would be easy to tell if scum. Tbh we've been sort of unfair on him, he's been like a first day lynch for 3 games, and we've mislynched twice. I'd look at him another day and he can be a future lynch candidate if necessary.
DarkNightMoon - at least she tries and in the last game, posted quite a few times I think? I don't think she spams or anything, but she's never been scum or third party before so it would be hard to tell if she's scum unless she somehow slips up.

So there you have it.

I'll be placing a vote for Dolby, for reasons already stated. He has never been that useful near endgame (if he survives), let alone all game. He hasn't really put up a good defense. One issue that I have is that from checking Dolby's activity, he's usually able to post around 5 PM Central, which means he won't be around until near the end of Day. Although, it doesn't really seem like he'll make a good defense, as shown already in the thread.

We are currently sitting on 14 votes to lynch Dolby. It would have been nice to hear him make a final plea, but there's just a handful of hours left now until the deadline is reached. Two more votes is needed to follow through with this idea, and I truthfully doubt that we'd have time to change our minds at this stage. It's likely between Dolby or nobody.

You asked why I was getting defensive..

You just said that analyzing other's behavior would get us nowhere.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Isn't that what the whole purpose is? TO analyze other's behavior?

We are currently sitting on 14 votes to lynch Dolby. It would have been nice to hear him make a final plea, but there's just a handful of hours left now until the deadline is reached. Two more votes is needed to follow through with this idea, and I truthfully doubt that we'd have time to change our minds at this stage. It's likely between Dolby or nobody.

Doesn't seem like that will happen. We've nearly reached majority, just need one more vote to seal poor Dolby's fate. :/

After thinking about it I am starting to see that lynching SP is a risk. While it is common for people to call others out I just thought it was strange to do it right off the bat. SP is a strong player so it might be to our advantage to let him live unless more concrete evidence is put forth. Anyway, I will not be voting for SP tonight. Dolby sounds like a choice for many but my only thing is, if hes such a good blue sniper wouldn't he be a good red/yellow sniper? Both of them are starting to sound like risks to lynch now. However, if I read it right that Dolby is now playing down his ability to blue snipe, that's pretty strange considering the evidence Oath put up.

Okay, so I first want to mention that this is his first post since the game started, and it was right after his name was being thrown around.

He says that when he's town, he tries to make cases (he hasn't done that so far), post more than once per day night cycle (this is his first post so far so...), and voice his opinion (hasn't and doesn't do that in his posts this game).

When he's scum, he says he posts to avoid modkill (which is what this looks like), never makes cases (true), and bandwagons (no evidence on this yet).

Dolby, you usually aren't shy about claiming bluesniper. In a PM to me during HP Mafia, you claimed you weren't scum and that you weren't the best bluesniper.

##VOTE: Dolby

HTML:
[b]##VOTE: [color=red]Dolby[/color][/b]

I am against voting for Dolby and for lack of a better player, my vote will remain on Sataric since he remained the only candidate that managed to full avoid being bandwagoned by any player here.

Mainly, I am against Dolby's lynch because this bandwagon erupted too quickly. Dolby's name got mentioned with the most basic evidence, and bam, the votes became stacked against him. Mafia and the Horsemen were just given an easy area to hide in.

Basically, Oath's evidence on Dolby is just summing up what Dolby has described himself as. That isn't any good, in my opinion. Plus, I see Dolby claiming he is not a bluesniper as him finally coming to his senses. It's stupid how you all follow him in that lie of him being a bluesniper and then accuse him everytime a blue role will die. Dolby is probably tired of that, and he wants to go out now and say he doesn't think of himself as a bluesniper so he isn't ****ing mislynched the first time a blue role dies.

And please, you say I have a superiority complex when here you are again with your ****y attitude and red bolded name in the voting format. Like come on man, cool it with the ****iness.

he decides to vote to lynch Sataric because of his writing style when people have discussed better options (i.e an inactive user)

Haha, yeah, okay. Let me just decide voting for a clear-cut name that's already been stated or randomly decide an inactive's name. pfft, if you wanted me to vote for an inactive, you should've brought a worthy one up (i.e. yourself).

I hope Dolby doesn't turn up town.
It seems like when he's town, he acts like mafia anyway. He is of no true asset.

And please, you say I have a superiority complex when here you are again with your ****y attitude and red bolded name in the voting format. Like come on man, cool it with the ****iness.

Instead of typing out a response, I'll just quote you.

This is more of a personal issue you have with me, so to that I say...
tumblr_mvbltoTLZU1spwno4o1_500.gif

qU2Gl2a.jpg

"I'm not possessed!" Dolby screamed, chained in shackles.

The crowd of citizens shouted hateful slurs, and cheered as the mayor hesitantly placed a loosened noose around his neck. He's a demon! He'll possess us all! We must stop him!

Dolby's body shook in terror. He could feel his heartbeat pounding out through his chest, as his palms began to sweat. "I'm innocent!" He called out to the crowd one last time with tears flying out of his eyes, hoping that just one person out there would believe him. That someone out there would save him, or at least defend him. He inhaled deeply, and held his breath. Dolby closed his eyes and hung his head in shame. Exhaling slowly, he muttered under his breath, "It's useless, the majority has spoken. I give up."

The Mayor tightened the noose around Dolby's neck. "It is time," the Mayor formally announced to the crowd. The citizens raised their torches and pitchforks cheering.

Dolby, the nurse, has been lynched.

BkiRKdk.gif

Night will end in 24 hours or until all actions have been sent in. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO USE YOUR ACTION TONIGHT YOU MUST PM ME STATING YOU DO NOT WANT TO. Night will end Saturday April 26th, 3:00 PM Central Time. You must submit your actions by Saturday, 2:00 PM Central Time. Anything after 2:00 will not be accepted.

Back