• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Disney Magical World

chillv

Bells
Dusty Scroll
The game looks okay to me, seems like Animal Crossing with Disney slapped on top of it. However, that doesn't seem to be a bad thing.

"Seems like Animal Crossing with Disney Slapped on top of it."

I didn't know that Disney made a movie called Slapped

How do you guys feel about it? It's out today. Do you any of you own it?

The game is really different from Animal Crossing to be honest. Things it has in common are the same things AC has in common with other games.

Regardless, I've adored it since I started. I expect to play it for a long time.

I have it, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Even though it has a lot of Animal Crossing style elements, it doesn't feel like an Animal Crossing game. The action stages aren't amazing or anything, but they do add a lot of variety to the gameplay. It seems like there's always something new to do, and I want to keep playing until I collect everything (which will probably take many weeks if not months).

I have it, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Even though it has a lot of Animal Crossing style elements, it doesn't feel like an Animal Crossing game. The action stages aren't amazing or anything, but they do add a lot of variety to the gameplay. It seems like there's always something new to do, and I want to keep playing until I collect everything (which will probably take many weeks if not months).

Well, I know there's many seasonal things including a few things for Valentine's Day so it'll take close to a year just for seasonal stuff if you don't change the date :p

I think it is pretty adorable! I like that I don't have to be glued to it everyday to make sure there aren't any consequences like in AC. Wouldn't call it a direct rip off of AC though, there is a LOT more to do, honestly. There are quests, dungeons, you can farm and even own a cafe. There is a lot to do. The clothes and furniture are all really adorable and if you aren't a HUGE Disney fan the game doesn't really shove the Disney stuff in your face TOO much.

Well, I know there's many seasonal things including a few things for Valentine's Day so it'll take close to a year just for seasonal stuff if you don't change the date :p

That's true, plus there will be also be the DLC items each month. I'm not going to buy the paid DLC, but I'll certainly collect the free ones. So yeah, I think I'll be playing this game for a long time still. :D

I'll be passing on Disney Magical World for now unfortunately, but it does look like an interesting take on a similar idea. Animal Crossing has a different feel to it than DMW in my opinion.

Something that piqued my attention was Tomadachi Life.. There was recently a Nintendo Direct on it.

I've thought about buying it, but I just blew like $200 yesterday at the mall so I think I'm going to hold off on a lot of purchases for a bit. ^^ I'll probably get it along with Tomodachi Life this summer.

Well, it's not out in Europe yet, so I have some time before I decide. It seems interesting, though. :)

I'm really enjoying this game to be honest! It's just so awesome and I love seeing all my favorite Disney characters! I am having a lot of fun with this game. I especially love visiting the worlds, gardening, taking care of favors and my cafe, making clothes and collecting stickers, cards, furniture and more! It has a lot, and I do mean a LOT, of collectibles which is awesome if you are a collector like I am :)

Ohmygosh. I pre-ordered this game and it got shipped on April 11. I still have to wait a while but I can't wait to start playing it with you guys. ♥

I love your blog for this game JVGS. I SEE TIGGER & PIGLET. nddjejwmdidoqoamxm. This game looks adorable.

Last edited:
Is it worth it? I'm thinking about getting it but I just don't know if I would play it a lot or not. What makes it so different from AC? And are there any major flaws?

Is it worth it? I'm thinking about getting it but I just don't know if I would play it a lot or not. What makes it so different from AC? And are there any major flaws?

I think it's worth it. The biggest difference is the inclusion of action stages, where you walk around and shoot ghosts. You also run your own cafe, which is completely different from working at the Roost in ACNL. You choose what food to put on the menu (and you can only make food if you have the ingredients for them), and you can decorate your cafe however you like. You can even choose how to dress your employees. Even if you come across a ridiculous costume you don't want to wear yourself, you can force your manager or waiter/waitress to wear it.

Perhaps the biggest negative is that there isn't a true multiplayer mode. You can visit other players' cafes, and they can visit yours, but you're really just interacting with their uploaded cafe and not actually playing with another person. It's kind of like the Dream Suite in ACNL. And some of the recipes require rare items that are hard to come by. You might end up playing an action stage over and over in hopes of getting one ingredient you need, and that can be a bit annoying at times.

But unless the idea of the action stages completely turns you off, I think most Animal Crossing fans will enjoy Disney Magical World if they give it a try.

I think it's worth it. The biggest difference is the inclusion of action stages, where you walk around and shoot ghosts. You also run your own cafe, which is completely different from working at the Roost in ACNL. You choose what food to put on the menu (and you can only make food if you have the ingredients for them), and you can decorate your cafe however you like. You can even choose how to dress your employees. Even if you come across a ridiculous costume you don't want to wear yourself, you can force your manager or waiter/waitress to wear it.

Perhaps the biggest negative is that there isn't a true multiplayer mode. You can visit other players' cafes, and they can visit yours, but you're really just interacting with their uploaded cafe and not actually playing with another person. It's kind of like the Dream Suite in ACNL. And some of the recipes require rare items that are hard to come by. You might end up playing an action stage over and over in hopes of getting one ingredient you need, and that can be a bit annoying at times.

But unless the idea of the action stages completely turns you off, I think most Animal Crossing fans will enjoy Disney Magical World if they give it a try.
Thanks alot! It seems like this game is a mixture of Animal Crossing (Open-ended game), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Fighting things), and Disney Infinity (Detailed move worlds), which are some of my favorite games, so I'm sure I'll love it! Also Jack Skellington better be in it XD.

*stalks your magical world blog*

If it was 2012, I'd probably get this game. But I don't really want to give Disney any more of my money, after they shut down my favorite MMO, I was heartbroken. So I think I'll have to pass on this, for now anyway. It does seem fun though, I'll give it that.

Getting this for my birthday.. will post a review eventually. Looks nice, and it sounds nice, too.

Crossing my fingers that I'll see Captain Jack Sparrow my one true love. Did any of you guys come across him yet? Screenshots would be schweet. ♥

I picked this up last Friday, and basically lost an entire weekend to playing it. And I'm not even close to being tired of it yet.

I'm not a big Disney fan at all, so I was happily surprised that the Disney aspect is fairly low-key in this game. The little challenges are fun, and no big deal if you don't complete them. I was worried that Mickey would shun me for not getting him a certain seed within the time frame given, but he was all "Hi! You wanna get me some <other plant item> ?" the next time I ran past him.

(It's not that I was that worried about ticking off the Big Cheese, but you hear things, okay?)

It would be nice if the multiplayer aspect was more involved, like in the Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, but oh well. I like the mix of farming, fishing, and fighting. Every day is a good day in Castleton.

❦❦ Who else has bought Disney Magical World for 3DS?❦❦

I am a frequent customer to the Nintendo World in Rockefeller Center and when I first saw this I got so excited. The promoters kept referring to it as animal crossing-esque but with disney characters.

Well I bought it on Saturday afternoon. Starting playing at 5:00 and stopped playing at 5:15. What a terrible game :(

The graphics........ OMGZ LOL

I mean the 3DS graphics aren't to die for to begin with, but this looks like it was made for the first generation DS. Even then, I feel like it's not good enough.

What's worse, the whole gameplay kind of made me motion sick. I also experienced this with both versions of Epic Mickey. I got so terribly motion sick that thinking about playing the game got me nauseous. Once Disney's Magical World made me feel like that , I knew their was no turning back, I think my stomach is allergic to disney.

Anyway... Has anyone else bought it? What are your experiences?

Back