• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia VIII: Dark Lord Ascending [Game Over/Town Win]

SHE.IS.NEW. She probably hasn't read the past games! How was she supposed to know any of this?
Ok, this is going to seem like a weird piece of evidence. But with a ratio of 2-1, scum (for some reason) have been defending me. For my defense- It could be they are trying to get me lynched or put suspicion on, which is probably true. In Kits evidence- going by that theory, NO ONE (with the exception of Gandalf) that was acting very pro town, defended me. Why would you defend me anyway? It seriously seems like Mafia is looking at me and maybe getting me out.

Ok, this is going to seem like a weird piece of evidence. But with a ratio of 2-1, scum (for some reason) have been defending me. For my defense- It could be they are trying to get me lynched or put suspicion on, which is probably true. In Kits evidence- going by that theory, NO ONE (with the exception of Gandalf) that was acting very pro town, defended me. Why would you defend me anyway? It seriously seems like Mafia is looking at me and maybe getting me out.

Or maybe that you are mafia like everyone has been stating?
Either way, I wanted to give you a chance, because you were new and didnt know what was going on (although tbh, looking at the past games is Probbaly a good idea)

The fact that you also defended iLoveYou and called out Fireninja1 the same as iLoveYou and role claimed like iLoveYou and LittleBeary shows much less of a coincidence. To me, personally, it looks like you trying to follow the more experienced players in blending in. As a second note, the mafia definitely wouldn't specifically want you out of all people, anyway. You're new and not an asset to town. If anything, that would be helping town by getting rid of a distraction, if you are actually town.

The fact that you also defended iLoveYou and called out Fireninja1 the same as iLoveYou and role claimed like iLoveYou and LittleBeary shows much less of a coincidence. To me, personally, it looks like you trying to follow the more experienced players in blending in. As a second note, the mafia definitely wouldn't specifically want you out of all people, anyway. You're new and not an asset to town. If anything, that would be helping town by getting rid of a distraction, if you are actually town.
Can I see where I defended ILoveYou because I certainly do not remember that.

Chrome crashed, I don't feel like Justin is worth my time right now. We have bigger matters at hand.

wow im so disapointed and sick of ur excuses - first two times it was 'stupid wifi' and now chrome crashes wow ur rlly unlucky. If you actually have a serious case against Jubs post it - or if you just want to change the attention back to where the majority is looking then at least you're trying.

idk if your suspicions of jubs previously was just a distraction or what - I don't see how you can just forget about it so quickly

Honestly, I'm just getting fed up with kit. She/he seems more interested in fighting than actually playing the damn game. All I'm seeing is excuses. If chrome crashes that much, use IE or Firefox.

Anywho other than that, I liked reading the case against DarkNightMoon, it has some merit to it. At the same time though, the Tom post had much more in it that would cause me to point fingers. Especially the "doctor's dying." However, what if that's just what some scum wants us to think to take the heat off?

This game makes me overthink. I hate you guys for dragging me into this.

I would not be against lynching DarkNightMoon today. I think Trundle's case has a lot of good points.

Chrome crashed, I don't feel like Justin is worth my time right now. We have bigger matters at hand.

You are just making people mad, so where is your evidence? I've been waiting for evidence about Jubs then you said you suspected Trundle or Ashtot because of the video. Are you kidding me? Also Google Chrome crash dinosaur thing is not an excuse you should have type your evidence and opinions in memo or notepad that is what I did, you can see the "Restore Auto Saved Content" at the bottom left side.
That's a 3 liner.
This is a two liner.

I still consider this a spam and 1 liner because it's damn short.

It's possible someone pointed this out already, but I didn't see it in Trundle's post. Adding to the evidence pile, we've got this post from Beary before she was outed:

I don't really see why anybody would be suspecting you at the moment, you are contributing very well, and making great points. I think you are acting very pro-town.

Didn't mean to submit it yet, but to clarify, that post was directed at DarkNightMoon.

If anyone is wondering why I withdrew my vote for DarkNightMoon, it's because I don't think she is scum from PM interrogation. I'm not saying Trundle is scum, but his case and all the things Kayla / Beary said seemed TOO perfect and such a big coincidence. Mafia would be more careful than that. Plus, to willingly let Kayla sacrifice herself to get Truffle modkilled, means that the remaining mafia players must be strong or well concealed. DarkNightMoon is sticking out like a sore thumb right now, and is definitely still learning the ropes of how-to-help-town.

tl;dr explanation: This would be the stupidest mafia team ever if DarkNightMoon were scum. How much more obvious could they be?

If anyone is wondering why I withdrew my vote for DarkNightMoon, it's because I don't think she is scum from PM interrogation. I'm not saying Trundle is scum, but his case and all the things Kayla / Beary said seemed TOO perfect and such a big coincidence. Mafia would be more careful than that. Plus, to willingly let Kayla sacrifice herself to get Truffle modkilled, means that the remaining mafia players must be strong or well concealed. DarkNightMoon is sticking out like a sore thumb right now, and is definitely still learning the ropes of how-to-help-town.

tl;dr explanation: This would be the stupidest mafia team ever if DarkNightMoon were scum. How much more obvious could they be?

Yeah, this is a good point too. The puzzle fits together a little too well with everything lining up perfectly.

Even if we don't lynch them today though, we should keep all of this in mind for later days.

Captain America 2 is pretty sweet

Okay so wow I didn't actually hope for the death of our doctors. That's incredibly depressing, wondering if Lynn105 accidentally let it slip in the Chatzy or if they were targeted simply for revenge for catching Beary. Gandalf killed because he suspected me or Justin? For now I'll be taking Ashtot's hit claim as "innocence", though I'm not entirely convinced and neither should you all. I'll play along with the DarkMoonCase until something more concrete appears.

Trundle that's a good case. Way better than the one I tried to make a while back.

Nonetheless I'd like to bring Tom to your attention. No concrete evidence but some weird things.

1) He hasn't posted his usual player tier
-----All you grumps do is complain that it's just helping the mafia form a hitlist, though honestly they don't need my or anyone's help to do so. If many of you really want one I can make it, but I feel like some of you are just going to whine about it (IE X isn't strong after leading lynch after lynch of townies or X isn't strong because he used idiotic logic to lynch town).
2) Has been quiet and only posted when I called him out earlier
----Again, there wasn't much of a reason to post. Could speculate on godfather or other scum roles, but see where that got Gandalf? Dead to frame me or Justin, unless he leaked. We don't know for sure (well scum does).

Tom, as a town player, loves to post and write plans for the night and stuff (refer to AC mafia day 1). He was extremely contributive and gave a lot of good advice. But there was none of this sort here.
No need, SP had that base covered. I'll step up to the plate when I don't think anyone else is going to though. Plus honestly I wasn't paying as much attention to night as I probably should have, spent most of the night phase playing TF2 and doing classwork. Excuses but hey, that's my story and I'll stick to it.

Now it's time for some quotes

also: Last 10 visitors to kayla's profile page when i look a while ago: Ashtot, Farobi, Gandalf, Horus, ITookYourWaffles, KarlaKGB, Murray, Nouris, Tom, Truffle = maf list! (except for obv ones like me and karla etc
Already responded to Murray about that, if I was scum would I really run the risk of revealing myself like that? Game IV I had practically all my scum mates operate via Skype versus scum chat. Mafia VI I couldn't get them on board with Skype, but only talked to them via scum chat. If Mafia did indeed view Kayla's profile then I hope the watched/trackers followed them.

Was on Kayla's profile page

no es not confirmed

Truffle any more counter claims?

I want those dammed counter claims. Really want them. That was a brilliant display of playing to win or sheer dumb luck Kayla, playing against your personal win condition to save the other scum Truffle had lined up and ready to lynch.

I know a martyr when I see it, Kayla knows Karla's rules and that Truffle is still green around the edges. Like it was pointed out earlier on, Truffle already had 4 names lined up for lynch not including Beary. With that information all town had to do was sit and wait until Night 2 for the vigs to just open fire on names given to them via Truffle. The scum that isn't killed you weed out from there.

Seemed to know Kayla's plan & really wanted the CC's

oh okay that eases everything.

We just kill all our doctors. /s

Clearly being sarcastic, I really was not expecting to come back to this development after watching Captain America. I'm sure the mafia is happy too.

(And look what happened) he posted that in response to Oath finding Beary's post about being careful about doctors.

Overall thoughts : acting way differently from usual and that mafia plan doctor thing. I'm super suspicious of him.
Responses in bold, nice effort though. Give it a 7/10. I'll just assume from here on out that Mafia will keep me in play simply to keep suspicion of Godfather or goon and simply weed out the other strong players from there.

If Tom was scum, though, then why would he kill both Doctors? This was in response to LittleBeary telling us about a mafia plan to claim as Doctor. So, if Tom were scum, he would've kept the Doctors alive to carry out that plan.

This is also pretty true. Game IV I tried to keep as many doctors alive as possible, hence BlueLeaf and Waffles lasted awhile before we lynched/killed them. We knew essentially all the blue roles then (minus Farobi) and kept blocking the docs to ensure our hits went through.

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHY IS THIS A THING AGAIN FUUUU

hahaha one day you'll live longer than Night 1 as town. Until then you will forever be suspected as scum if you make it to Day 3.

Honestly, I'm just getting fed up with kit. She/he seems more interested in fighting than actually playing the damn game. All I'm seeing is excuses. If chrome crashes that much, use IE or Firefox.

Anywho other than that, I liked reading the case against DarkNightMoon, it has some merit to it. At the same time though, the Tom post had much more in it that would cause me to point fingers. Especially the "doctor's dying." However, what if that's just what some scum wants us to think to take the heat off?

This game makes me overthink. I hate you guys for dragging me into this.
Kit at this point is better off being shot by a Vig because I very well doubt the Mafia will kill them. As much of a pain Kit is to most of us, they're distracting town and that works in their favor. Though I might live long enough this game to regret it, I really think one of our lovely vigs should take a chance on shooting Kit.

Again, a joke that sadly came to fruition. I haven't been in contact with either of our dead doctors or Ashtot about mafia, I've joked with them on IRC or talked about something else completely. For me to know their roles is out of the question and I wouldn't risk killing Gandalf to place suspicion on me even if it got Justin lynched (they'd gun for me next after all).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Urgh sorry my post looks like hell now, I really should have previewed that.

So, two doctors gone, only one person to protect - Dobby. I think that this could be a tough game.
I am not sure who to vote yet, DNM fits in too well, and I find Tom responded well to his target. If kit eventually posts her suspicions on jubs, and it's a good post, then I might consider him. Blueleaf I'm not sure about yet.

Also why this is a valid point, I wouldn't write it off right away. I attacked Ashtot multiple times in Mafia VI in hopes to take away any suspicion on him when/if I died (was told repeatedly l would die that X night and never did). While that might not be happening now, it's something to keep in mind.

DarkNightMoon
If iLoveYou was smart enough to get Truffle modkilled, do you all really think she'd be so dumb as to expose a scum mate so easily? Note that her post defending DarkNightMoon came after attention was brought to the fact LittleBeary had defended her. Also note that by this point iLoveYou already knew she had been caught. Truffle actually posted the screenshot about iLoveYou just sixteen minutes after the post where she defended DNM. iLoveYou role claimed blue to Truffle immediately as soon as roles when out: so there is no doubt she already knew she was a goner by this point. I think this is a case of a mafia member just making a last minute effort to confuse town before their inevitable death.

In short, I think iLoveYou intended to frame DarkNightMoon. The timing seems too coordinated. Being a new member, DNM was an easy target - especially as LittleBeary's post about her was actually the considered a key piece of evidence at the time iLoveYou made her post / was modkilled.

Unless stronger evidence is raised against DarkNightMoon I won't be voting for her.
(umm, you are a girl right?)

Tom
Karen said:
Nonetheless I'd like to bring Tom to your attention. No concrete evidence but some weird things.

1) He hasn't posted his usual player tier
2) Has been quiet and only posted when I called him out earlier

Tom's player tiers aids the mafia more than they do town. I'm glad he didn't post one.

The points raised against him so far imply that he is careless. Scum are the most careful of all when it comes to leaving a trace. Based on previous games (especially Mafia IV), Tom has shown that when he's scum he can can act a lot more tactfully than that. If he is scum this game then his standards are slipping.

BlueLeaf
I agree with the points Superpenguin raised against BlueLeaf, and I would also like to add one of my own. This comment from Day 1 caught my attention:

BlueLeaf said:
(Also, if oath2order PM's you saying he's a DT / Cop, don't fall for it easily, if he hasn't done so already)

Any town player shouldn't be bothered by a fake DT PM, right? Especially when the only miller this game knows they're the miller... so why should any town-aligned player feel the need to make a comment about this?

Well, providing my theory about DarkNightMoon being framed is correct, then this post can be further backed up by the fact BlueLeaf was actually talking to DNM. To me, this reads like a scum player laying the groundwork for what LittleBeary and iLoveYou later posted. With Harry Potter in the game, framing players is likely something mafia had to begin structuring early on to make up for poor role claims (remember Truffle caught 4/6 scum, not including LittleBeary?).

Also, let me show you the rest of the post I took that snippet from:

BlueLeaf said:
DarkNightMoon said:
Anybody have anyone else scummy? (don't stay on kit topic please)
Maybe you can try and find them for yourself? If you need help, ask Truffle for some advice, he is confirmed Town after all.

(Also, if oath2order PM's you saying he's a DT / Cop, don't fall for it easily, if he hasn't done so already)

To answer your question though, I don't have someone that is scummy, but has been lurking: Kayla / iLoveYou. I figure she's doing some analyzing or traveling into PM land, since you can never tell with her.

This was posted just three hours into the game, so it's a bit early to properly call out someone on lurking. As I mentioned earlier, iLoveYou role claimed immediately after roles went out because Truffle contacted her as soon as he got his role - so even this early in the game she knew she was going to die quickly. Perhaps she told BlueLeaf to make an early comment to protect himself later?

Kit
Although I'd love to say, "please could a vig just shoot her?" we've also got to remember that we have no medics left. We shouldn't lower town numbers unnecessarily; so if and when we do decide we need to be rid of her (mafia won't touch her until she starts to tick them off too) it needs to be properly justified - e.g. she's either scum or seriously harming the hunt for scum.

*Trundle / morning post incoming*

From the points/speculation raised against the lynch of DarkNightMoon, I have to agree. First off, I just want to applaud town here as we brought up names in a very organized manner and we are also bringing up counter arguments in the same organized manner. This is great stuff for day posting and really helps us find stuff out.
As for the lynch, I have to agree that BlueLeaf has been quite off. I am pretty sure I called it in the mafia on the first day that BlueLeaf is scum, although we can't be certain yet. I do believe there is enough evidence for the lynch, but I'm hesitant to vote at the moment because Ashtot told me he has a lot of good things figured out. I'm not sure who Ashtot has been working with or if any of the above posts are from his help, but I'll just ask him later.

Back