• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia VIII: Dark Lord Ascending [Game Over/Town Win]

On the note of DarkNightMoon.

Last game mafia did blue-sniping by looking at the last 10 visitors to Justin's userpage, and killed those people, assuming they did an action.

Lynn was one of those people.

And you know who else was? DarkNightMoon. And Cory. And Waffles.

Seems like an interesting connection to me.

I visited karla when I was waiting for my role that was like 3 days ago.

Trundle that's a good case. Way better than the one I tried to make a while back.

Nonetheless I'd like to bring Tom to your attention. No concrete evidence but some weird things.

1) He hasn't posted his usual player tier
2) Has been quiet and only posted when I called him out earlier

Tom, as a town player, loves to post and write plans for the night and stuff (refer to AC mafia day 1). He was extremely contributive and gave a lot of good advice. But there was none of this sort here.
Now it's time for some quotes

[20:29] <Kaguya> w.e scumlord
[20:30] <Kuma> I am not voldemort
[20:30] <Kuma> Or mafia

bit of a scumslip maybe ^^^ ?????

also: Last 10 visitors to kayla's profile page when i look a while ago: Ashtot, Farobi, Gandalf, Horus, ITookYourWaffles, KarlaKGB, Murray, Nouris, Tom, Truffle = maf list! (except for obv ones like me and karla etc

No I'm pretty sure you're scum. :) While there's a chance a scum mate could be in that list of name, it's rather unlikely. When I was maf the last thing I wanted to do was view other teammate profiles running the risk of getting caught.
Was on Kayla's profile page

no es not confirmed

Truffle any more counter claims?

I want those dammed counter claims. Really want them. That was a brilliant display of playing to win or sheer dumb luck Kayla, playing against your personal win condition to save the other scum Truffle had lined up and ready to lynch.

Seemed to know Kayla's plan & really wanted the CC's

oh okay that eases everything.

We just kill all our doctors. /s

(And look what happened) he posted that in response to Oath finding Beary's post about being careful about doctors.

Overall thoughts : acting way differently from usual and that mafia plan doctor thing. I'm super suspicious of him.

Granted, this is only applicable at this time of posting, it will probably be messed up now that people go to look.

I don't know what's worse; losing Harry Potter but modkilling Kayla, or losing two blues.

I'm satisfied that there were more evidence against DarkNight than I thought there would be. I would pass it off as a newbishness but it doesn't really kill to at least skim through one of the past games.

I realize players have brought up evidence against DNM, Tom, and I am sure Kit will make a re-appearance eventually, but I'd like to take this time to focus on BlueLeaf.

First of all, I'd like to bring attention to all the posts that BlueLeaf has stated common knowledge. While this is common behavior of mafia, it's extremely common behavior of BlueLeaf when he is mafia.

Alrighty, checking in!

So, obviously, Truffle should be trusted completely, you have no reason not to. The Open setup is more in our favor ; if more people claim than the amount of people that should have that role, then there's bound to be Mafia.

I'll go ahead and claim to him right now, I advise everyone else should too.
Then the people that claimed Townie need to be looked at. Like I said, if more than 8 people claim Townie, at least one is Mafia.
Look at my previous post.

One common Mafia trait is to manipulate someone and let them do all the work. You should definitely try to contribute yourself.
Wow, Beary was Mafia? :lemon:

Now look at how BlueLeaf reacts to the evidence brought up against LittleBeary.

We can screenshot, I believe. I'd like to see if this is real or not!

He doubted the legitimacy of LittleBeary revealing to the entire Chatzy that she is scum and then instantly trying to hide it when Lynn105 entered. Not only did he doubt this very clear-cut evidence, he wanted a screenshot of it. I'm not sure if BlueLeaf was aware of the rule of there not being allowed screenshots as it results in modkill. However, he has been playing mafia since Game II, I believe, and the rule has stayed the same.

Then with the Day post, we see Lynn105 was a Doctor, probably roleclaimed to someone about it too [LittleBeary]. And if she did roleclaim to LittleBeary, word definitely would've gotten to the rest of scum. Thus, I would imagine BlueLeaf could've been trying to get Lynn to post a screenshot getting herself modkilled.

I'm going for DarkNightMoon. Evidence is strongest against her right now, especially with TWO scum defending her.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh. Just saw SPs post let me rethink

Sorry Dolby, I didn't see your post in Prin's Mini Mafia. I apologize for offending you if I did.

Lynn most likely claimed in the Chatzy with LittleBeary, but what about Gandalf? It might not be random as you think.

He has a point, with all the Cory 2K14 at the start. Also that second quote is going against your play-to-win scenario. Do we really want another modkill in here?

The point stands out for me either way. Whenever I've been scum, that is the exact kind of attitude I've felt when someone calls me out on day 1. You get frustrated that they are hot on your tail when you haven't really said or done anything. I felt exactly like that in game IV when the 'gandalf didn't die one he must be scum' arguments came up. It's all a laugh when you know you are town, but a whole different story when you are trying to lay low.

Looking back on DarkNightMoon's responses, the way she is acting isn't new. In the past, new players have either been treated as 'I want to lynch you because I don't know your playstyle' or "they are just learning'. I think whats happening is that we are being a bit too pushy against someone still learning the ropes. There is a lot of pressure on new players to post, and this is usually the outcome: rushed posts that seem to just pad their post count. I say we leave them, for now.

What I was looking into last night is the fact that iLoveYou was only Yaxley the death eater. That leaves the big question of is there possibly another strong play in the role of Voldemort. I say that we should keep a keen eye on:

-Justin
-Tom

The whole list is a lot longer, but those are the two that I would consider being cautious around given their current posts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ebwop

Hate to have to repeat this, but that should be 'gandalf didn't die night one he must be scum'

Gandalf tried to push attention off of Dnm. If we assume she's Mafia, then Mafia could have been trying to kill a Townsperson who was subtly defending their scummate, DarkNightMoon. Nearly everyone in the game suspects Dnm, so they looked for one person: Gandalf. Which brings me to another point: Why did Gandalf die, but Kit didn't (along with others if I missed them, Kit just came to my mind right away)? Kit has said in one post that DNM was trying to help town and "contributing," which was the same thing LittleBeary did.

I'll be keeping my eyes on DNM and Kit (along with others if I missed them).

Superpenguin: In AC Mafia, screenshots were allowed, and when I told Lynn to post a screenshot, I reread the rules and saw that it wasn't allowed. I wasn't actually trying to get someone to be modkilled, I think that's against the rules?

(And look what happened) he posted that in response to Oath finding Beary's post about being careful about doctors.

Overall thoughts : acting way differently from usual and that mafia plan doctor thing. I'm super suspicious of him.

If Tom was scum, though, then why would he kill both Doctors? This was in response to LittleBeary telling us about a mafia plan to claim as Doctor. So, if Tom were scum, he would've kept the Doctors alive to carry out that plan.

If Tom was scum, though, then why would he kill both Doctors? This was in response to LittleBeary telling us about a mafia plan to claim as Doctor. So, if Tom were scum, he would've kept the Doctors alive to carry out that plan.

Oh, misread that then. Still keeping an eye on him though. Nonetheless strong evidence for DNM and I'm going for that.

Sorry Dolby, I didn't see your post in Prin's Mini Mafia. I apologize for offending you if I did.

Lynn most likely claimed in the Chatzy with LittleBeary, but what about Gandalf? It might not be random as you think.

Gandalf tried to push attention off of Dnm. If we assume she's Mafia, then Mafia could have been trying to kill a Townsperson who was subtly defending their scummate, DarkNightMoon. Nearly everyone in the game suspects Dnm, so they looked for one person: Gandalf. Which brings me to another point: Why did Gandalf die, but Kit didn't (along with others if I missed them, Kit just came to my mind right away)? Kit has said in one post that DNM was trying to help town and "contributing," which was the same thing LittleBeary did.

I'll be keeping my eyes on DNM and Kit (along with others if I missed them).

Superpenguin: In AC Mafia, screenshots were allowed, and when I told Lynn to post a screenshot, I reread the rules and saw that it wasn't allowed. I wasn't actually trying to get someone to be modkilled, I think that's against the rules?
I was being kind to a new player, doth that make me scum?
Please take your eye off me Blue, it is ruining my new pro-town shirt.

I was being kind to a new player, doth that make me scum?
Please take your eye off me Blue, it is ruining my new pro-town shirt.

And did I say you were scum? It just raised some flags for me, please stop being overdefensive.

And did I say you were scum? It just raised some flags for me, please stop being overdefensive.

Blueleaf, a whole post was made about you.
You mentioned me, saying I did the exact same thing beary did, which implies that you are suspicious.
There's no need to be. I will drop the subject before I get mobbed

- - - Post Merge - - -

DNM has informed me that she is suspicious of me. She claims she will be posting her suspicions soon,
I look forward to seeing that.

You mentioned me, saying I did the exact same thing beary did, which implies that you are suspicious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

DNM has informed me that she is suspicious of me. She claims she will be posting her suspicions soon,

I know a post was made about me I REPLIED TO IT. You even quoted it.

I'll add to my defense that most of my basic knowledge posts were in reply to DarkNightMoon, I was just telling her basic stuff that she should already know about, but didn't.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe she'll actually post instead of just claiming to post.

Ah, let me explain
He said he didn't accuse me of being mafia, to which I then stated, I never said you accused me of being mafia.
No, I took it as being accused as an annoyance, in that particular case.
Alright so we already know about Kits...behavior I guess you could call it. Sort of spammy one liners.

It's a little early to have such a defense lined down, and Kit's the only one working this hard to try and defend herself. I dunno. I'm not trying to mob you, kit, but freaking out is doing you nothing.
And she literally was freaking out about defenses, she could be scared that she was going to die or be lynched, trying to defend herself from really early on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh my literal god are you already doing this.
WAS I THE ONLY PERSON WHO DID THAT? NO.
WAS I THE ONLY PERSON POINTING THINGS OUT? NO.
Would you just let me play the game?
Um, we were hardly even playing the game at this point, and you freaked. Still, you all already know this.

Chrome crashed, I don't feel like Justin is worth my time right now. We have bigger matters at hand.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's a 3 liner.
This is a two liner.
That's because you used the return key. Just because you used the return key doesn't make the post better in any form.

Also, just use a different browser?

That's because you used the return key. Just because you used the return key doesn't make the post better in any form.

Also, just use a different browser?
My post was being written in chrome :p.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And she literally was freaking out about defenses, she could be scared that she was going to die or be lynched, trying to defend herself from really early on.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Um, we were hardly even playing the game at this point, and you freaked. Still, you all already know this.
I'm sorry, what are you accusing me of again?

Back