• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia V: There and Back Again [Game Over/Town Win]

Way to repeat things that multiple people have said already.

Beary: what were you trying to do by quoting the rules? Completely irrelevant, and you don't even comment on it.

I was emphasizing what I agree with/have a strong opinion on. The entire post seems pretty well thought out, but there were a few things that struck me as dead-on.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to claim serial killer if they really are the serial killer. I'm inclined to believe that River genuinely had an objective if she was going to make such a claim to iLoveYou. Claiming a dangerous role follows the same pattern as the "suicide missions" that iLoveYou is so fond of.

Even admitting that, it's true that River has been inactive the past couple of games she's played.

Before we hit day, I want to bring attention to another player: You. He was one of the last players to vote for Dolby and since the game started he has only made three posts:

The last post was immediately after Dolby?s lynch. He has viewed the thread since then. I can recall that he was online 7-8 hours ago, even viewing this thread, but still said nothing. So his limited number of posts is clearly not due to a lack of time. The other two posts are just jokes and fail to actually contribute to the thread. But, has anyone else noticed that this is a similar approach to how Horus (mafia goon) played in Mafia III? He slid by the entire game because (a) he was hiding in the shadows and (b) the few posts he did make were insincere.

It may be obvious, but I also want to point out that being mafia in your first game gives you a fantastic advantage if you're smart enough to use it right. You can play dumb because no one knows your play style yet: not only did I do this in Mafia III, but Fanous also did this in Mini Mafia II.

With so little to go on I'm aware I could be completely off base here, but I want to keep You on the radar. It's been proven in the past that sometimes direct contact is the only way to get people to speak up, so my main motivation with this post is to get him talking. Please actually contribute to the game from now on, You.

Or maybe I'm not a criminal mastermind and am just not doing much because I'm new and it's pretty overwhelming watching the experienced players go at it. To be honest I'm just not sure how I can stack up to any of you, I know it's not a competition but I'm just trying to examine what's going on instead of calling out random people just for the sake of it.

I am a complete idiot. ._.

The rules post was supposed to remind her that you have to play to win, not be mafia.

Night will be over soon. Somebody hinted that I would die. :rolleyes:

I am a complete idiot. ._.

The rules post was supposed to remind her that you have to play to win, not be mafia.

Night will be over soon. Somebody hinted that I would die. :rolleyes:
She doesn't have to reminded. She co-hosted a game once; everyone should have read the first post by now.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to claim serial killer if they really are the serial killer. I'm inclined to believe that River genuinely had an objective if she was going to make such a claim to iLoveYou. Claiming a dangerous role follows the same pattern as the "suicide missions" that iLoveYou is so fond of.

Even admitting that, it's true that River has been inactive the past couple of games she's played.

Before we hit day, I want to bring attention to another player: You. He was one of the last players to vote for Dolby and since the game started he has only made three posts:

The last post was immediately after Dolby?s lynch. He has viewed the thread since then. I can recall that he was online 7-8 hours ago, even viewing this thread, but still said nothing. So his limited number of posts is clearly not due to a lack of time. The other two posts are just jokes and fail to actually contribute to the thread. But, has anyone else noticed that this is a similar approach to how Horus (mafia goon) played in Mafia III? He slid by the entire game because (a) he was hiding in the shadows and (b) the few posts he did make were insincere.

It may be obvious, but I also want to point out that being mafia in your first game gives you a fantastic advantage if you're smart enough to use it right. You can play dumb because no one knows your play style yet: not only did I do this in Mafia III, but Fanous also did this in Mini Mafia II.

With so little to go on I'm aware I could be completely off base here, but I want to keep You on the radar. It's been proven in the past that sometimes direct contact is the only way to get people to speak up, so my main motivation with this post is to get him talking. Please actually contribute to the game from now on, You.

Tinaa brings up a great point. Go back and read the scum chat from Mini Mafia 2. I was playing a newbie the whole game and it worked just fine.
What I would also like to point out is that in Mini Mafia 2 ILoveYou pointed out all the new players and told town to keep a watch on us because we are new players and no one knows us yet. She or no one has brought the same point this game. I'm not saying the we should lynch all the new players but its just a behavioral change i noticed.

tumblr_n0fm0x5j8C1r2zu7yo1_500.gif

DAY TWO

The first night fell upon the company leaving twenty-six very unhappy members. Not only were they sleeping it rough in the wilderness, but they also had to deal with the loss of an innocent.

Lauren was strolling around the campfire as the rest of the company snoozed. She hadn’t been too fazed by the death of Dolby, yet something had been keeping her up that night. She sensed that a few of the members had been acting more than out of the ordinary, so, electing to take a private watch, she travelled to the outer ring of their camp. Quite suddenly an immense wind sheer hit the area. Packs were rolling all over the place and Dwarves were sent tumbling along out of control. When at last the wind settled, the now severely disgruntled Members went about collecting their things. A chilling yell pierced the air as one of the collectors stepped just outside the light of the campfire. There they had found Lauren slumped up against a tree, green blood trickled from beneath her head.

Back at camp, one member sat all nervous and fidgety. There would be no sleep amongst the company after what happened to Lauren. Most difficult. Their ears pricked at a sound in the bushes. Someone was stalking them.

“Are you alright there, KarlaKGB,’ Said one of the members nervously from beside him. His head twisted to look at the speaker. ‘Its just you look so tense - I can see huge shadows forming under your eyes. Probably best you got some sleep now, don’t you think?’ Something in KarlaKGB’s eyes twisted.

‘I’m fine. Get out of here,’ he snapped. The member that had spoken before suddenly looked very worried. They motioned to the rest of company to walk over to them. A couple complied and began edging over.

‘I’m just going to go for a walk,’ said KarlaKGB, sensing the tense situation. ‘Clear my head, you know.’ The tone of his voice had changed drastically from before. As he stood, a dark misty-vapour began the rise with him. It enveloped his body like a cloak. One of the approaching members froze instantly.

‘I recognise that mist!’ Cried out Tina. ‘It’s that of the Necromancer! Its Sauron, he's within our ranks already! Take up arms and fight!’

KarlaKGB’s eyes flew to Tina. His stare froze everyone that was still approaching.

‘So this is the Elf lord they call Elrond,’ He sneered.

Tina’s eyes grew wide with fear. She let out one gallant roar and then charged at KarlaKGB. She was going to end it all here. With a casual flick of his hand, The Necromancer disposed of his attacker. Tina fell to the ground, a streak of dark-blue blood forming across her head. KarlaKGB turned to the rest of the company. Each one was frozen with mouths open wide. He began to approach them.

‘'Ash nazg durbatul?k ash nazg gimbatul,' he said in the darkest of voices. There was a rustle in the bush behind him. Ignoring it, he continued the advance. ‘Ash nazg thrakatul?k agh burzum-ishi – ‘ he was cut short as the hidden member burst out and ambushed him. Coming from behind, they had avoided his petrifying stare, and now looked wildly down on the Necromancer. The rest of the Company snapped out of their confusion and joined the tussle. As the numbers became overwhelming, KarlaKGB let out one final roar before disappearing into a huge cloud of Red smoke. The Necromancer was no more.

Lauren the Dwarf fought the good fight.
Tina aka Elrond forgot her ring of power.
KarlaKGB aka The Necromancer just became the new Gandalf.

Day two will go for 48 hours and end wednesday 12th at 2am GMT. With 23 members alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Credit to Jeremy for finding me a hundred day / night pictures.

Last edited:
OOOOOO
WHO SAW THAT COMING OMG
Karla scum?

Anyways, RIP Tinaa and Lauren T_T

Or maybe I'm not a criminal mastermind and am just not doing much because I'm new and it's pretty overwhelming watching the experienced players go at it. To be honest I'm just not sure how I can stack up to any of you, I know it's not a competition but I'm just trying to examine what's going on instead of calling out random people just for the sake of it.

I can see where you're coming from. Back when I signed up for my first mafia game, I was slightly scared, to say the least. Partly because the game I signed up in, Karla also signed up, and he's like the king of mafia. ;_; However, I tried to contribute some, although it probably wasn't that helpful. If you are town, you shouldn't have a problem making observations. If you notice anything fishy, even if it's not much, don't be shy;put it out there. Or comment on other people's suspicions.

I recognize I'm not the most contributive person around so people may think "how can she say anything about contributing", but I thought I'd give friendly advice to a new player. c:

Oh my goodness! I must have been writing my post out as Gandalf posted.

But that's great news, we've already hit the godfather! Things are looking good for town c:

RIP Tina and Lauren. :c

Woah! Karla was the godfather!? Thank you to whoever killed him, because things could've turned out bad if he would've stayed in the game...

Something to note though... We're missing two kills. I know a vig shot someone and its reasonable to assume one of those other kills was the SK's doing, where's the other mafia hits? Vet or Doc?

Back