The METAL thread! \m/

And here are the Black Metal suggestions. I tried including various styles (traditional, symphonic, atmospheric, melodic, folky).

Gorgoroth - Drömmer Om Död

Emperor - Into The Infinity Of Thoughts

Blut Aus Nord - Slaughterday (The Heathen Blood Of Ours)

The Elysian Fields - Their Blood Be On Us

Moonsorrow - Aurinko Ja Kuu

Black metal eh? black and roll was really how i got more into the genre since i found it to be the more so "acessible" out of the black metal genres i've been into thats the one i dig the most and i do love me some doom metal as well too like candlemass case in point.

I need to listen to more "Black 'N' Roll" in order to get a better feel of the style (I can count on one hand the number of BNR albums I've listened to). So far what I've heard from that style has just been okay. Oh, and Doom Metal is one of my favorites as well!

On another note, I just revisited all of the Cannibal Corpse albums from the original Chris Barnes era. I listened to Tomb Of The Mutilated, Butchered At Birth and The Bleeding last night and Eaten Back To Life today. This time around, I found myself enjoying BAB more than TOTM. Chris' vocals on those two albums are indecipherable, but on TB you can actually understand some of the things he growls. Eaten Back To Life was their debut, and it's a bit more thrashy with the vocals not being as deep (the band still hadn't completely nailed down their "classic" sound). I think I'd rank those four albums as follows:

1. Butchered At Birth
2. The Bleeding (Close with #1)
3. Tomb Of The Mutilated
4. Eaten Back To Life

I haven't ever been terribly interested in listening to CC albums from the George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher era, but I should probably give at least one (or two) a shot when I can.

New Lacuna Coil is out pogs pogs.

Glad to see these guys be getting more love these days if all of us took the efffort and subscribe and share their music stuff all across the forums from here to other nintendo forums than i think we'd be in for a long overdue much needed gothic metal invasion.

New Lacuna Coil is out pogs pogs.

Glad to see these guys be getting more love these days if all of us took the efffort and subscribe and share their music stuff all across the forums from here to other nintendo forums than i think we'd be in for a long overdue much needed gothic metal invasion.
I remember hearing "Our Truth" on the B-Side of a SYL album years ago. Might end up checking them out later.

Cannibal Corpse's songs typically contain lyrics that are grotesque and uh..... questionable, but the ones for "Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead" are just sad.

Why can't I breathe?
Still I see
Dead on the table
Try to move, I'm not able to

They said I have died, I still feel alive
I won't believe their lies, I can still see through these eyes

Help me, I'm not dead
Wake me from this hell
Tell me I'm alive
Dead!

Knives cutting into me
Scalpels rip me
Screaming into deaf ears
Now they stop and see my tears

Help me, I'm not dead
Wake me from this hell
Tell me I'm alive
Dead!

I can't stop the visions
Stop the premonitions

Help me, I'm not dead
Wake me from this hell
Tell me I'm alive
Dead!

My soul can't escape the boundary of my flesh
My heart does not beat, my spirit will not rest

They said I have died, I still feel alive
I won't believe their lies, I can still see through these eyes

Cannibal Corpse's songs typically contain lyrics that are grotesque and uh..... questionable, but the ones for "Staring Through The Eyes Of The Dead" are just sad.
I haven't heard a single Cannibal Corpse song until now, but those lyrics are definitely sad. 😭 I might listen to it later though, just to sate my curiosity.

(And just by looking at some of their song titles, I can see where 'grotesque' and 'questionable' come from. I listened to some of their tracks (not saying the names here) for the hell of it, and, uh... Wow. Good songs, but the lyrics concern me. Is their music always like this?)

Yes, the lyrics to that particular song make me feel a bit emotional (which is really strange considering it's a Cannibal Corpse song, ha ha).

I've only listened to the first four albums from 1990-94 so far, but just by glancing at their discography and everything that has been released since then, I would say so. But it's really all just for "shock value"; the band members have stated many times that the lyrics aren't meant to be taken seriously (their music can be viewed as the aural equivalent to a horror film).

Found this new Visual Kei Metalcore band on my YouTube recommendations. Deathpair formed back in January, although they seem to have been previously known as Zeile. I'm digging this tune (especially the chorus).

Check this out if you haven't already done so @Khaoticnoize187 (you might enjoy this too).

Found this new Visual Kei Metalcore band on my YouTube recommendations. Deathpair formed back in January, although they seem to have been previously known as Zeile. I'm digging this tune (especially the chorus).

Check this out if you haven't already done so @Khaoticnoize187 (you might enjoy this too).
They've been on my subscribed list on my youtube account for like a few months now tho actually lol.

Random metal thought of the day:

With System Of A Down's success, it not surprising that they'd have one of their tracks featured in a piece of media. What I wouldn't expect is Bounce, of all songs, playing in a children's movie. I find it pretty ironic considering the theme of that particular song, but only one of the 'cleaner' verses was used.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 5.15.46 AM.png

They've been on my subscribed list on my youtube account for like a few months now tho actually lol.

Nice. I don't subscribe to any channels, as I always use YouTube without an account (unless if something I want to view is age-restricted). But if some of the recs present on the home page interest me, I'll check them out.

I also found by chance what appears to be the "making of" the music video for "BONDAGE". I don't understand what's being said, but it's amusing seeing the members act out their parts for the official MV.

Random metal thought of the day:

With System Of A Down's success, it not surprising that they'd have one of their tracks featured in a piece of media. What I wouldn't expect is Bounce, of all songs, playing in a children's movie. I find it pretty ironic considering the theme of that particular song, but only one of the 'cleaner' verses was used.

View attachment 558383

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Got curious so I searched for that part on YouTube:

Back