• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

Your opinion of hacking (via Action Replay, or other means)

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I personally see no problem with, say, using an Action Replay to get super jump on a game you've already beaten because you want to screw around. To me, hacking is only a problem when you use it for pirating and for harming others (such as destroying AC:WW towns).

SuperGamecube64 said:
I personally see no problem with, say, using an Action Replay to get super jump on a game you've already beaten because you want to screw around. To me, hacking is only a problem when you use it for pirating and for harming others (such as destroying AC:WW towns).
I think that's more or less the majority opinion on it.

for recreation (ex: after you beat the game) = a-ok
for cheating in multiplayer, or to beat the game in the first place = not so a-ok

/thread

Psychonaut said:
SuperGamecube64 said:

for cheating in multiplayer, or to beat the game in the first place = not so a-ok

/thread
Prediction: The next page or 2 will be filled with people either agreeing or posting "+1" or "This."

-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
SuperGamecube64 said:

/thread
Prediction: The next page or 2 will be filled with people either agreeing or posting "+1" or "This."
prediction: I comment/quote/reply to half of said agreements/posts

also, qft's

It really depends on why you're hacking something. I mean yeah I agree on that if you're playing it the second time+ and just want to have a little fun, but even first plays. I mean, I used to use a cheat in gold version to clone my pokemon because I didn't have time to play through the game to level up. So I just leveled my first pokemon and that was that. I had no problem with it.

-Jack- said:
Psychonaut said:
SuperGamecube64 said:

/thread
+1 to both of you.

Hacking's no fun kids. Cheating isn't either, even if said online game is dying/dead(Ran into a bunch of lag switchers in CoD:WaW the other day).

Zr388 said:
It really depends on why you're hacking something. I mean yeah I agree on that if you're playing it the second time+ and just want to have a little fun, but even first plays. I mean, I used to use a cheat in gold version to clone my pokemon because I didn't have time to play through the game to level up. So I just leveled my first pokemon and that was that. I had no problem with it.
ogawd a team of lvl 100 charizards whuttt

Psychonaut did the same thing

Depends on the hacking.

Example: On hombrew, you have the lovely option of texture hacking the characters, changing the music, and altering the stages, which is what I do (for I do not know how to do anything else to alter the game). None of these play in anyone's favor.

Hacking online is a no-no for me, since it'll ruin the fun for everyone else. Besides, a score/kill-death ratio is just a number. It means nothing to me.

Hacking offline though, for S&G's, I have no problem with, since you're not affecting anyone online.

I'm in-between when it comes to piracy though.

-Aaron said:
Hacking online is a no-no for me, since it'll ruin the fun for everyone else. Besides, a score/kill-death ratio is just a number. It means nothing to me.

Hacking offline though, for S&G's, I have no problem with, since you're not affecting anyone online.

I'm completely against it. I see it as a black and white issue.

It's stealing. You're playing a game you never intend to pay for.

Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:

Same here, buck up and help out the developers. (not aimed at anyone in particular)

AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:

Same here, buck up and help out the developers. (not aimed at anyone in particular)
If you want the game bad enough, bad enough to steal it, then it's worth something to you. Apparently, the $50-$70 is too much to spend on a game that could cost you thousands if you're caught.

Psychonaut said:
SuperGamecube64 said:

/thread
+1

I also don't like hacked pokemon...

Bacon Boy said:
AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:

If you want the game bad enough, bad enough to steal it, then it's worth something to you. Apparently, the $50-$70 is too much to spend on a game that could cost you thousands if you're caught.
I wasn't on about retails games so much, I was thinking more of the indie scene. (and how they get pirated alot! So yeah, I'm a big supporter of those guys.)

AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I wasn't on about retails games so much, I was thinking more of the indie scene. (and how they get pirated alot! So yeah, I'm a big supporter of those guys.)
Well, yea. They need it more than the big companies.

Back