Your newbie mistakes when you started ACNL

I picked a horrible town layout, and I chose it because is had a long, crazy river. xD
And I placed the police station, cafe, campsite and my house in awful spots.

Town layout, mayor face (mostly because I didn't know that there were guide to choose it, but I'm fine with my generic face), house's placement, selling non reorderable things, and selling fishes & insects rather than giving them to museum.

sold perfect fruit rather than planting lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and mayor face lol i hated that default-default hair.

Trying to pick up items with B when I first started playing. It took me a while to break that habit, but now, whenever I play Wild World, I always try to pick up items or pull weeds with Y, which just ends up pausing the game instead.

I had no idea that I could invite in campsite villagers. I had Stitches in the campsite once and didn't know he could move in.

-Sold just about everything I put in my pocket for bells (except for things like shovel, net, etc.)
-Pushed my villagers
-Sold non native fruit
-Put no money in my savings account
-Wasted my money a lot
-Possibly sold a perfect apple (idk for sure but then another one appeared a couple months later)
-Many other things

Didn't reset for a good town map/prettier mayor.
Placed my mayor house in an awful spot out of rage because the spot I really wanted was occupied with Dotty's house.
Ate my perfect peach, I immediatly realized I probably made a mistake as my mayor was chomping it down.
Placed my caf? near a bridge before replacing the bridge to another style, now I don't want to risk replacing it because if I can't replace it in the same spot I will have a stroke.

Like every average noob

I ate the perfect cherry I had though also just flippin buying everything in the shops

For a while I just sold every bug and fish I caught. When I started donating to the museum, I had to go back and check which species I hadn't donated yet even though they were logged as species I'd caught before. The bells did make a difference to me when I was starting out, but having fewer bells a day to save my future self the hassle would have been worth it.

The first time the turnip lady showed up in my town, I spent most of my money on turnips. I don't know why I did that. Then of course, I time travelled back one hour to visit a shop before I sold them and they all ended up rotting.

It also took me a while to figure out why coconuts and bananas wouldn't grow in my town at all or why cedars would die when I planted them on the bottom half of my map.

I thought you could use the d-pad to walk, it took me a while to get used to using the circle pad

Well, when I got the shaved ice lamp, I didn't know it was rare and unorderable, so I sold it. But when I played the gamecube animal crossing for the first time, I didn't know what those leafs were for (Yeah I know its kinda stupid lol) And I was so surprised when it turned into a piece of furniture in my house XD

Edit: Also, awhile after playing acnl. I put the resetti surveillance thing in such an awful spot and thought it wouldn't be seen that much since there was a tree kind of it front of it, but now the tree is gone and Olivia lives a few spots ahead of it and the resetti surveillance is now in the middle of my path to my retail. (I didn't have a path when I bought the resetti surveillance though)

Wait... The shaved ice lamp is rare? Oops

I had the cedar issue trying to plant them, also trying to plant things right smack up on buildings.
I was really frustrated a first not being able to plant trees directly next to my campsite. I played WW as well but it had been years since I got NL so it was basically like starting new.

I think I sold my perfect fruit the first time around as well x-x"

I started walking slow, cause I didn't know how to run.
Let go one of my dearest villagers & Ate my first perfect fruit instead of planting it ;w;

Another thing that I've just remembered: I didn't know how to take pictures, so I had to wait until one of my villagers told me. This means that I don't have pictures of a bunch of moments like the town tree ceremony.

Back