• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Would you stop someone from moving in because you don't like their house exterior?

Dorian

Bells
Switch
3338-6902-7891
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Personally, I wouldn't, however I know there are many players who want to keep up a certain level of physical beauty in their town. And some of these villagers have some pretty rickety, ramshackle home exteriors, lol. The idea crossed my mind when Kyle moved in; his house is awful!

Last edited:
Honestly I don't like Marshal's exterior but he is literally my best friend in game and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I wouldn't mind a ramshackle house, but tin ones bother me. That's why I'm so torn with Marina.

No, I wouldn`t stop them from moving in if I like the villager, but yeah some villagers have really pretty house exteriors, while others exteriors are not so good looking.
If you`re aiming for the perfect dream town, you could as well choose villagers with houses to support the town theme you`re going for c;

Nah, definitely not.

Omfg Kyle's house exterior is the worst, I feel so bad for him. XD He's my favorite villager ever though. Phil's house exterior is very loud, but I love him too so Idc. It suits him anyway.

(If we're gonna be honest here I didn't even know what their exteriors looked like until I went to adopt them but that wouldn't have swayed me anyway)

Last edited:
I wouldn't stop them, but it does bother me at times..like Papi's exterior makes no sense for his interior, but w/e game logic.

If I knew what their exterior looked like and it was bad, I wouldn't prevent them from moving in but if I weren't good friends with them, I'd probably not say no if they ever wanted to move out.

No, the exterior of a villager's house doesn't bother me at all.
Only the villager themself would. Not even the interior bothers me much.

I wanna say no but this has happened to me in my old town, lol. I had Pietro, I do like him, but I despise his house exterior and it made me feel weird every time I passed his house. I ended up kicking him out due to it.

Last edited:
No, I'm not concerned about the exterior at all. If I like the villager, I'll keep them. I don't really care about their house, inside or outside.

I wouldn't, though, a good house exterior is definitely a plus. I was more inclined to let Rudy move into my town after I saw his exterior and how it was very neutral and would match my town.

no, exteriors are not a bother to me and will never be. who cares about exteriors when you have awesome villagers?

Their houses (inside and out) don't bother me. I hate Kiki's ugly interior. The wallpaper and carpet clash and her furniture is ugly. However, Kiki is adorable and I'm going to keep her for a long time. :blush:

It depends if I have a theme going on or not. If I do, then definitely. If I don't, not at all - as long as I like the actual villager.

Last edited:
I don't mind what kind of house exterior my villagers have, but I have seen some that are better than others. I like Frobert's green and blue exterior, Fuchsia's exterior, Wendy's, Eugene's, Poppy's...

The only house exterior in my town that I don't like is Wart Jr.'s. That door... ew. Just no. But I wouldn't kick him out for it. In fact, I want to keep him because he's my only cranky and I like the cranky PWPs.

Back