• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Words that you've misspelled for a long time

I still can't spell embarrassed correctly. In fact I had to have Chrome's spell checker fix it for me in this very post. ;_;

I will never not get tripped up by those R's and S's.

Somewhat related, but I never really understood how some people end up with "defiantly" when trying to spell "definitely".

i cannot stand the word character I ALWAYS SPELL IT WRONG NO MATTER WHAT IT MAKES ME SO M A D

I E EVEN SPELLED IT WRONG HERE i just hate it i always put characture like pl e a s e.

This word needs to burn i hate spelling it

Ummm All of them? I am horrible at spelling! (Thank you spell-check! TT^TT)

even though i've always generally been pretty good when it comes to spelling, i always get confused about 'practise/practice' - like which one is it?? D: why must the english language be so confusinggg

Last edited:
Business. I used to spell it as Buisness.

- - - Post Merge - - -

even though i've always generally been pretty good when it comes to spelling, i always get confused about 'practise/practice' - like which one is it?? D: why must the english language be so confusinggg

Another one that's confusing is there. I mean what there do you mean? Its over there? The ... is theirs? SOOOOO CONFUSING?!?!

I don't think I spell anything wrong that much? I do occasionally put "looses" instead of "loses" though which pisses me off

just like a lot of you, I still have a hard time spelling words with two letters like "embarrassed"; I still struggle with spelling "definitely"

- - - Post Merge - - -

there's also UK vs US spelling
in UK, I think "defense" is spelled "defence" and "check" is spelled "cheque"

I often spell tomorrow as tommorow or tommorrow. Ooops.

Also I end up spelling believe like beleive WAY too much.
Never been great at spelling, lol.

I always had trouble spelling definitely so I would use spellcheck. It would recommend defiantly so I'd use that. Even though the word is COMPLETELY different.

I used to spell business as buisness, until I became a business admin major, lol.

I spelled whoa as woah for the longest time

I still do this anyway because I think it's universally recognised as "woah" even though it's incorrect. It's like "alright", I remember getting into trouble for that so many times by my English teacher. Apparently it's supposed to be "all right" but I still just use the former lol.

Surprised to see I wasn't the only one who struggled with "business" as a kid. "Vacuum" is another one.

oh mannnnn, sometimes i still don't know if i'm spelling judgmental correctly or not. necessary was hard for me. oh yea, **** the word 'restaurant'. i could never figure out how to spell it! i know i used to say business as buisness too. there's a few others i can't think of

Wednesday . still had to google it though . I thought it was spelled Wendsday or or Wensday . it's hard for me lol

my life goal is to be able to spell the word diarrhea without the use of autocorrect

Back