• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Will you be getting it?

When the trailers for HHD first came out it looked pretty boring actually, but the gameplay videos made me a lot more interested!! As far as spin-off games go (I'm pretty sure it's one right?) it looks quite fun, and has a lot of the mechanics I wish ACNL had :)

Decorating my house was always one of my favourite parts about ACNL, and I always wished I could decorate the villager houses too, so this is a win-win for me. Definitely going to get the game, the bundle...probably not.

When the trailers for HHD first came out it looked pretty boring actually, but the gameplay videos made me a lot more interested!! As far as spin-off games go (I'm pretty sure it's one right?) it looks quite fun, and has a lot of the mechanics I wish ACNL had :)

At first I was *SO* disappointed because I had taken for granted that we would be getting a new, full blown AC game for the Wii U. Instead, all we got was a spin-off that didn't include my favorite parts of AC (fishing and paying off the mortgages). Oh well. It looked pretty boring and half baked to me.

But after I got over my disappointment, I began to realize that hey, this is the same team that created ACNL, so chances are pretty good that anything they create is going to be pretty good. And then, I got "hooked" by the idea of cards, and being able to bring any villager that I want into the game. Now THAT idea appeals to me, and is something that I always wished I could do in conventional AC games.

So now, I am really looking forward to it! Nervously, but genuinely too. I am not that much into decorating my house in ACNL, and especially do not like rooms that are just collections of one set of furniture. Still, I do love creating my own patterns (for paths), and thinking of unconventional uses for rooms. So, maybe I could develop more interest in decorating houses. I think this game is going to have a lot of aspects that I do like.

I'm still undecided :/ Like others have said, it seems like a interior designing game with the Animal Crossing name. I do love New Leaf and I really enjoy it, especially since I only got it very recently. But, I do want to be part of the loop XD But as long as people don't stop playing ACNL and I can still make use of trades, I'm happy without HHD :D

I think so. It seems fun even though it's just decorating. Hopefully some of the features like the customization screen will pass onto the next main ac game too!

I can't decide D: Might wait till release date and read more reviews - it's seems really different from WW and NL which are the only two from the AC series I've played

No, I won't be getting it. For some reason I have zero interest in it. Probably because my brain doesn't register it as an actual game.

It's still a game, but I can see if people think it's expensive for that kind of game. But yeah since it's not about real-time stuff(I hope) it seems good. I never really liked ACNL as much as I wanted because you had to pretty much check on your things 24*7 and stuff :/

Yeah I am excited to try it but I'm not going to pre- order because I've been to two Game Stop stores and both of them were inconsiderate to me. All they care about is Fallout. I wanted the poster but I really want the Canadian poster. :/

100% am now.

Just because of:

acsaxophone.jpg
acwinds.jpg

If I don't see those instruments in the next non-spinoff AC game, we will have a problem.

We had a really great first home game weekend at my job, so if I decide to get the game, I'll be able to afford the bundle pretty easily thanks to that. ^^ I still have to decide if the ACNL New 3DS is that one I want. Otherwise, I'll probably just be buying the game.

I will pick it up used at some point. But for what really amounts to an add-on in my eyes, 40 dollars is just too expensive. Plus, designing with no actual game play just doesn't rock my world. If I could design my own home for use in NL, that might be a different ball game.

Back