WiFi & WLAN Technical Questions

Mino

#pray4pally
Retired Staff
Bells
Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Technical questions involving connection to Nintendo WFC and WLAN in Animal Crossing: Wild World should be posted in this thread only. Please leave the rest of the forum for discussion of the game.

PKMNMasterSamus said:
What is WLAN?
Wireless Local Area Network, which Copper calls DS to DS.

CoN, you can connect to Nintendo WFC through a WiFi hotspot located in many restaurants and cafes, through your own wireless router with a high-speed internet connection or via the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, which requires Windows and high-speed internet.

PKMNMasterSamus said:
Why do they call it WLAN then? DS to DS sounds fine to me.
I wanted to sound Technical.

:p WLAN has been around longer than the DS has.

:p

Mino said:
PKMNMasterSamus said:
What is WLAN?
Wireless Local Area Network, which Copper calls DS to DS.

CoN, you can connect to Nintendo WFC through a WiFi hotspot located in many restaurants and cafes, through your own wireless router with a high-speed internet connection or via the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, which requires Windows and high-speed internet.

Just for the record, it's only Windows XP (every kind Home Edition, Pro, etc.)

Hey I have the USB one by nintendo and when installing the program it says the internet sharing error comes up what do i do???

Monkey09 said:
Hey I have the USB one by nintendo and when installing the program it says the internet sharing error comes up what do i do???
Could you please go into more detail?

Well it is installing and when it says connect the usb connector i do and it goes on but then says internet connection sharing error.

Back