• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Why you should NOT time travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrganicOrange

Bells
Greetings friends. If you don't time travel you can leave this thread, but if you do, please continue reading. :D
I recommend to not time travel. I know it is tempting to see whats next for the new day but I will give you some reasons why you shouldn't time travel below.

Animal Crossing is meant to be played in real-time. Summer in real life, should be summer in the game. Not summer in real life, and winter in the game. It takes away the point of Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing isn't meant to be rushed. You have a whole life to play! Take it slowly... One step at a time. You don't need to get all those new upgrades and stores in just a short amount of time.

Weeds... weeds everywhere! Time traveling causes a spontaneous amount of weeds, and eventually you will get a rafflesia! Keep your town clean and happy!

You don't get a good repetition from the people who play Animal Crossing in real-time.

I hoped you time travelers learned some reasons why you should play in real-time. I am not forcing for you guys to play in real-time, but I recommend it for the fun! ;)

Time Travelers already know all of the points you made, but ultimately it comes down to one thing.

It's their money, they will play it how they like.

If they get enjoyment out of doing it, good for them. Personally, I used to play like that but now I like playing it day-by-day. *shrug* It's not a huge deal, really.

I prefer to play in real time, but I can see why others might want to time travel. If they do it a day or two at a time, weeds and things like that aren't that big of a deal.
Like Kitten said, it's their game and they can do what they want with it, even if it's considered "cheating." :)

Let people play how they want to play. If it doesn't affect your game and you're under no obligation to play with those who do TT, so what's the problem? :confused:

In addition, the beautiful town ordinance prevents you from getting weeds even if you time travel, so that's pretty much a non-issue. I don't time travel because that's my choice, but I don't really care what other people do. Plus, some people who time travel are generous enough to let us who don't TT and hate the starter hair utilise their Shampoodle. Others have hoarded extra tools that they don't need for people who haven't had much luck getting the tools they want.

I like weeds. Weeds means I can play the weed picking game with Leif and get the pretty furniture that he makes. If I want to TT, I will TT and if it messes up my town, then I will just fix it again.

For those of you who see it as cheating, I won't play ACNL with you. Problem solved.

I have a town specifically made for time traveling. If I want to TT, I will :3

Reason 1 and 2 are pretty much the same.
Only if you do it excessively.
Honestly I don't care if you TT but I do think people who brag about being rich and TT are as*****s

Bragging about being rich has nothing to do with TTing though. o: They're making their bells from the island and TTing isn't needed for that.

I don't it's anyone's right to tell someone whether to Time Travel or not, and it's a person decision. I do not Time Travel because I don't think the side effects outweigh the benefits to me, but if someone else does, it's their business and not mine. People should be able to enjoy the game how they wish, and if they don't want to wait days and days for some of the more interesting features to be unlocked, I understand.

Bragging about being rich has nothing to do with TTing though. o: They're making their bells from the island and TTing isn't needed for that.

I think they mean people who are time travelers that brag they are rich and loaded with features that other people don't have as a result of their time traveling.

Not once did I say you have to TT to be rich.

Honestly I don't care if you TT but I do think people who brag about being rich and TT are as*****s

You used "and" which links it to TTing.

"I do think people who brag about being rich or TTing are dkgjh", would show that it's either one that you have a problem with and not both subjects together.

Anywho, moving along, again anyone can play their game how they want.

You shouldn't time travel cause Sable won't talk to you after you do.She doesn't like time travelers.

You used "and" which links it to TTing.

"I do think people who brag about being rich or TTing are dkgjh", would show that it's either one that you have a problem with and not both subjects together.

Anywho, moving along, again anyone can play their game how they want.
You're reading this completely wrong. If you TT AND brag I don't like that. Or If you brag about being rich AND TT thats also something I don't like. (Same sentence just worded differently. I don't care if you brag and I don't care if you TT but if you do both at the same time then I have a problem. Because it's like cheating on a test then saying I got an A!

I've TT'd, not extensively, a day or two generally if a shop is closed for remodeling or when I began to get a tool so I could actually start playing the game etc.

I wouldn't jump to winter to get all the winter fish/insects as I know I would get bored. However, I wouldn't begrudge those who do.

As many others have stated, people will play how they want to and if anyone else has a problem with that then it's not like you're being forced to associate or play with those who TT.

You shouldn't time travel cause Sable won't talk to you after you do.She doesn't like time travelers.

FALSE. I honestly don't know where this started but even if it has happened to some people for some reason I can tell you now it is not 100% confirmed to happen. I have TT'd, I have spoken to Sable and she still tells me weird stories or about how Tuesdays are days to slack off etc.

Last edited:
You're reading this completely wrong. If you TT AND brag I don't like that. Or If you brag about being rich AND TT thats also something I don't like. (Same sentence just worded differently. I don't care if you brag and I don't care if you TT but if you do both at the same time then I have a problem. Because it's like cheating on a test then saying I got an A!

But it's not like cheating on a test. A video game is an experience, not a test. And it just so happens that some people like to experience things differently than you do.

I don't see the big deal about TTing. To each their own, like a few people here said. I know I wont be playing this game next year (other games will be out by then, and my game playing time is limited), so I only play a few hours in each day, then TT to the next. That way, I can experience a full year of activities and such within a few months, without missing anything when I have to put the game down for good.

Not sure how you can "cheat" at AC anyway, it's not a contest. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back