Who's your favourite Cranky villager, and why?

daisyville

Bells
I know I'm probably being sooo annoying right now, but who is your favourite cranky villager?

Mine is Del, just because he was so nice and kind and I know he's not that popular but he's so nice :)

I love Octavian as well, but Fang is just really special to me.

I don't really like the cranky villagers tbh...but I do like Tom, mainly because during the time that he lived in my town, he was absolutely wonderful.

Walt, he reminds me of a retired secret agent that has that "tough" outward shell but inside he's such a sweetie! He also kinda acts like an overprotective dad at times.

I love all the Cranky Wolves tho! *cries* I'd have to go with Lobo. He has those eyes that stare into your soul and it speaks to you...maybe he just wants to eat me....is that why he wanted my nickname to be lamb?...it all makes sense now. Oh no. lol No, seriously, he's my one and only. LOBO! <33

Fang :) he is just wonderful. I've never kept a cranky villager as long as I have kept him and he won't ever be leaving :)
He's really beautiful in appearance and he's just the sweetest thing. He had a meltdown the other day over me not selling him the lat pull down I was carrying around....never knew cranky villagers had that dialogue but he was so cute. Clearly concerned with his physical appearance ;)

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure who my favorite Cranky villager is. It's a toss-up between Hopper, Octavian, and Rasher.

I've always been a fan of Hopper's design, and actually had him in my original town back on the GameCube game. I restarted that town pretty quickly, unfortunately, and never managed to reclaim him until I decided to create an all-bird town in New Leaf. Penguins are among my favorite animals, his demeanor is great, and his design is unique. He's an overall great villager.

I originally encountered Octavian back on the GameCube game when playing with a friend in their town. I thought he was really cool since, at the time, he was the only octopus villager. He actually moved out of my friend's town and into mine (which my friend wasn't all too happy about) and remained there for a little while, but eventually moved out too. I reclaimed him in New Leaf years later and he has been in my town ever since. I still like him the most of all of three of the octopus villagers.

As for Rasher, his design just gives off so much character. His scars make him look pretty neat, and the way he grins is great.

I'm also a fan of Apollo, Avery, Bruce, Butch, Camofrog, Del, Frank, Gruff, Knox, and Walt. As you can probably tell, Cranky is one of my favorite personality types overall.

Last edited:
The Crankies are my favorite, so it's hard to choose. Top three would be Wolfgang, Static and Rolf. :cool:

chief... i have him in this rly cute sweater and that raised my affection for him by like 100 also he visited my house unprompted yesterday hes the first to do that

From wild world days its been Apollo, after he asked me if I liked his shirt, I said yes & he promptly gave me it (doing the flip thing we all do when changing).
Can't remember what he gave me nor what he changed into (I think he went back to the default zipper).
Never had that happen with any other villager in wild world and never since.
Never had Apollo since wild world either & I haven't got his amiibo card to get him into acnl when we get the update.

Of the crankies I have, the favourite is Chief, his dialog has been slightly different from the other crankies I've had ingame. Dialog should be all the same, but I remember it as slightly different; kinder/softer to my Mayor.

Rocco because I really like that hippo because of pictures quote
Plus he seek really nice and because of chuggaaconroy

Also my favorite it's octavian I had him in the first game he a very sweet cranky

Out of the cranky villagers I've had, I'd say Tom. I really wish I could get him back, so I'd be able to get cracking on my Zen town, but he moved out after suggesting a zen Garden.

I have to say Lobo. in my first acnl town he stuck with me from the very beginning. He's had many funny quotes too. I also like Hopper, he's currently in my town but he's moving tomorrow :(

Fang is definitely my favorite. He was the starting five in my first New Leaf town and he was one of the first villagers I actually liked until I started opening up to the other villagers.He's literally the only reason why I refused to have another cranky in my town since I don't want someone else 'stealing' his lines.

Back