• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Who just plays the games normally?

i play "normally" but i dont like using the word "normal" because i dont believe there is a defined answer of normal as "normal" doesn't exist (except in pokemon typing xo) because everyone/everything is unique in their own way.

but yes, to your definition, i play "normally"

By normally, I mean not TTing, not having a second town just to net some villagers in, and other stuff.

I play normally, and I like to collect furniture, so I only TT when I need one more furniture on Halloween or something, and go back a day. I don't TT any other time.
I don't duplicate, hack, or glitch.

I admit I do TT, but at the most it's only a day so that I don't have to wait for Nook to finish building that new room. At the least, it's by a few hours so that I can sell stuff at stores that have already closed. Then, I set the time back to normal.

i only time travel when i bought a villager and the move date is already set for somebody.

i did for about 8 months, but then i started getting bored and losing interest in the game.
after i started tting ive been playing a lot more lately c:

Tbh i'll start playing "normally" after I get all my dreamies! My bank account's happy so that's a plus lol

But i'll tt if i'm decorating a room, to get the items faster or to make a villager leave occasionally.

I don't really understand what you mean by "normal". Everybody has their own way they want to play the game. If they choose to TT, have a second town, etc, then that's the way they want to play, and you shouldn't judge them for it. There's no "normal" way to play animal crossing.

I don't TT much. When I do TT, it's to get furniture for a series for one of my rooms, or to move a villager in ASAP/get them to move out ASAP. I also TT'd a lot when I first began playing since there wasn't much to do yet at that point.

Ah, those times when I didn't TT for months forward. ha

Sometimes I settle down, usually after getting another dreamie and then I feel content with the game again.

And then somebody I don't want moves out and it's back to plot resetting and basically going insane.

I do I guess. I've only ever time traveled like once or twice and only reset my game for the day one time. I don't see the point in time traveling though unless it's to get to a store after it has closed for the day. My boyfriend like to time travel all the time though. I dunno, I guess whatever way someone wants to play the game is just their way to play. But I think the 'normal' way to play is the way the developers intended for it to be played.

I time travel, I cycle, I cheat over and over and over. It is gratifying and amazing.

Now does anyone want to buy 100 Zipper T pics?

I've done an excessive amount of time traveling when I restarted my game. I didn't like my previous town set-up and I was so behind with what everybody else was talking about. It was Halloween and I was still in what, July? xD I earned Bells through catching bugs from the island and eventually landed myself into the current day. Someone really nice helped me out with upgrading my house, though. I'm very grateful for that. :) I used to talk to her, too, until Skype stopped working for me. :/ Back in 2001 on the first Animal Crossing game, I invested a lot of hours into it without time traveling and such. It seemed easier to gain Bells. Anyway, Nintendo already knows people time travel. After all, the villagers will call you a time traveler if you do it enough. I've never been called one, though.

I play the game by a day by day basis. If I miss some time then I miss time. If a villager moves because of that...well, whoops. I've lost some people that way, but not many.

I also let most of my villagers move if they want to.

Yeah, I don't go to the extent of having all the external additions to making 'the perfect town' because I like mine the way it is, and some of the features you can buy are just silly- so I just boot it up and play the activities I enjoy doing (like fossil hunting and attempting to catch new fish)
I also just like making bells....not spending them...just adding weight to my PO account.

So yeah. I guess I play with the moderate fan attitude and just do whatever whenever. ACNL can get a little monotonous after 2 hours of play time.

No time travel, no resetting, Fox only, Final Destination...

I play a lot of roguelikes anyway so I've been kinda trained off of savescumming (as they call resetting without saving). Most of the other games I like don't even let you reset--with Angband you have to force-crash the game or put god mode on and have your character become ineligible for the high-score list.

So in ACNL and Pokemon I just take whatever I get, because that's what I'm used to. Not sure if that makes me super casual or super hardcore really lol

I've TTED once, and that was to get Merengue
but other than that, on both my files i havent
Yes i know people cry its not cheating!!111 the game allows it!!!111
um the game allows it, incase you miss a day, incase you need to change the time due to timezone changes... etc, not to keep going
It's meant to be played the day it is, by the seasons, something new each day, thats the whole point
"the game that even plays when you don't"
I dont care if people tting but its not natural no matter how people say it is LOL, but they paid so they can ^_^

I play normally like everyone else. My friend is helping me look for my dream villagers. So far, it annoys me a lot if the shops are selling the same stuff every day.

Back