• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Who inspires you?

nightxshift

‧˚*☾ 𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙧𝙚 ‧͙⁺・༓
Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
I have to answer to this question for an speaking test. The truth is that I'm not sure who inspires me or why, so I'm curious to see other people's thoughts on this.

My inspirations come from different people and artistry. First, my wife inspires me to be the best person I can be. Writing for my novel and short stories are oddly inspired far more by music and dreams rather than other writers.

Nonfiction: The person that inspires me the most is a retired professional baseball athlete. Not going to name who they are, but they do a lot of things right and inspires me to be a better person. My parents inspire me in different ways as well. Lastly, my sensei inspires me to do my best and never give up.

Fiction: All Might for sure, lol.

Online: @Hobowire - his island and designs inspired me to push myself to keep trying to come up with ideas with what furniture we have. I am again stumped but I am far from giving up on my island. He is also really chill and is nice to everyone; that is really admirable :). I hope I get better at talking to people so I can hold a better conversation with him.

Voice Actors: Steve Blum - speaks up for what’s right and wrong, extremely talented and funny, creative with his facial and verbal expressions. I admire him so much. He is so appreciative of his fans even though I don’t see him often interacting with them as I do with other VAs. He still is an incredible guy. 😊

Anime/Manga characters: Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket) - as @Moo_Nieu said, she cares so much about others and tries her best at everything. A lot of people like her, which I also am a bit jealous of even though I cherish alone time and am an introvert. I’ve always been treated differently in high school in general, so I really long to be normal and not have all these mental disorders/diseases and to be accepted.

Nico Robin - for how much hardship she endured and for continuing her life journey in spite of danger and hardship. I lack courage and resolve and have no dream atm, so I admire how inspite of all the tragedy she endured, she continued on with her life - more so once she befriended Luffy. I lack will and courage and just have no idea how to overcome my problems and become independent.
Post automatically merged:

Oops forgot to mention Nico Robin is from One Piece.

Overall, I'm inspired by Jane Goodall's work with animals and how she was a pioneer in her field.

From a literary standpoint, I'm inspired by Edgar Allen Poe.

I don't get inspired by anyone much anymore, but...

Used to be inspired by my whole family. They're all crazy talented artists/musicians, and I remember really wanting to be just like all of my siblings and my parents when I was little. Also super nice (most of the time).
Main reason i'm not very inspired by them anymore is because they tend to... uh... forget about me. A lot.

I don't get inspired by anyone much anymore, but...

Used to be inspired by my whole family. They're all crazy talented artists/musicians, and I remember really wanting to be just like all of my siblings and my parents when I was little. Also super nice (most of the time).
Main reason i'm not very inspired by them anymore is because they tend to... uh... forget about me. A lot.
Sorry to hear that!! :<

Seraphine from League of Legends! I just think her music and covers of songs super inspiring as I've always wanted to get into music, but I've never really known where to start imo.

If we wanna talk about personal heroes, I'd say Steve Irwin.
Honestly, though, if we're talking about everyday applications, or has influenced my life the most, I'd have to say Jordan Peterson.
He's a psychology professor, but he did a lot of therapy work over the years. He's so insightful, and the majority of what he shares with the public is advice to improve their lives. I love listening to his lectures.

My mom and boyfriend. They always cheer me on and always help pick me off my feet and help get back up again.
They always inspire me to improve and make myself better.

Indie game developers like Studio MDHR, Toby Fox, and Scott Cawthon. (The developers of Cuphead, Undertale, and FNaF)

Generally, the most, Marlon Brando.

Jotaro Kujo is also an inspiring figure. 😎 I also can't forget about Theodore Roosevelt!

I have to answer to this question for an speaking test. The truth is that I'm not sure who inspires me or why, so I'm curious to see other people's thoughts on this.

Steve jobs. He took barely capable hardware, made it colourful and still sell it to this day for £1000+ I found a laptop on ebay for £269 with the same specs. Painful. But that is one genius. Apple basically sells itself.

To give a name, Bernadette Banner for her dedication of historical fashion researches (and elegance 😭)
And small shop owners that are quite succesful. This time I won't give a name because there's a few of them but their work and success push me to also create stuff that makes people happy.

Back