• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Who Else Wants Bettas?

I haven't really considered bettas before, but now that I think of it, they would be a really great addition.

You mean betas?

No, I mean Bettas, as in Betta splendens, a.k.a."Siamese Fighting Fish"

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't really considered bettas before, but now that I think of it, they would be a really great addition.

I have a Betta, and I've always like them, I think they could even be a neat special fish for you to keep in a future title. It be nice to REALLY have pets...

Yes, I worked in an aquarium years ago, and they keep the males in tiny jars.
It's the opitomy of cruelty.

So no.
I wouldn't want any.

It's the opitomy of cruelty.

So no.
I wouldn't want any.

That's a problem with how pet stores treat them, rather than the species itself. I agree bettas are often treated horribly, but I don't see that as a reason not to include them in a video game.

I love bettas! If they're kept in an appropriate aquarium space, that'd be lovely.

I always had a shark in my house back in Wild World, but I don't believe in tanks or cages, so I have a pet free house in New Leaf.

Last edited:
It's the epitome of cruelty.

So no.
I wouldn't want any.

I have one, he's a special guy in a big 5 gallon. I don't like how they store them in pet stores no reason to take that out on a game. o_O

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's a problem with how pet stores treat them, rather than the species itself. I agree bettas are often treated horribly, but I don't see that as a reason not to include them in a video game.

Exactly! It could even be used as a small opportunity to teach people about proper care, at least a little.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love bettas! If they're kept in an appropriate aquarium space, that'd be lovely.

I don't think any of the fish in AC are kept in appropriate aquarium space home tank-wise, to be fair, lol, but yeah, it be nice to be able to set up home tanks in-game. :)

Last edited:
I have one, he's a special guy in a big 5 gallon. I don't like how they store them in pet stores no reason to take that out on a game. o_O

I wasn't taking anything out on the game.

I have a strong moral conscience that doesn't switch off the moment Animal Crossing switches on.

So...are you taking it out on...me...? What did I do? I have a moral compass, I don't see why putting bettas in the game is any more damaging than any of the other aquatic life/insects/arachnids/etc. in the game... I mean...we literally stuff them into our pockets then we can display them consequence free - even sharks and other endangered species - in the smallest tank possible...this game isn't exactly focused on proper fish care. XD

Last edited:
Bettas are treated horribly in pet stores, so your solution is to pretend that they don't exist? As if it is the fault of the entire species itself rather than some cruel pet store owners. I do not understand how this would be in any way helpful.

You posted.
I put forth my opinion.
You continue to challenge it for no real reason.

If you don't want honest replies, then don't make topics, and/or don't reply to them.

I'm not getting into a debate on animal cruelty, be it real life, or in a game.

I have a conscience that prevents me keeping creatures in tanks.

Simple as that.

That's me.

Last edited:
You put forth an opinion. I happen to disagree with that opinion and challenged it. Instead of defending your opinion or accepting that other people may disagree with you, you decided to play the victim.

This site is for discussion. If you cannot handle discussion, then you cannot handle this site.

If you don't want honest replies, then don't make topics, and/or don't reply to them.

Last edited:
Oooh I'd love to have bettas in the game!
I agree that none of the fish/ bugs are housed properly in game but honestly how would you be able to fit a shark tank in your house otherwise (not that I keep sharks in my house anyway, animal cruelty and all that)
Does anybody else think it would be cool if the museum had one of those shark tunnels which you can walk through in the next installment?

Oooh I'd love to have bettas in the game!
I agree that none of the fish/ bugs are housed properly in game but honestly how would you be able to fit a shark tank in your house otherwise (not that I keep sharks in my house anyway, animal cruelty and all that)
Does anybody else think it would be cool if the museum had one of those shark tunnels which you can walk through in the next installment?

Yeah, I know, I was just making a point to Stackhouse, basically pointing out the hypocrisy in what he says, and just that: that it's a GAME and not at all realistic.
Shark tunnels would be AWESOME!! That would be freaking amazing, I'm all for the museum looking better and better with more features. :D
I want smithsonian level great. XD
Also, some day I hope that we can have enormous houses, with better features, shark tanks along the walls in my secret villain lair is the dream (but don't forget the lasers) XD

Open-Ocean-Tunnel-Corrected-Web-720x482.jpg

Sign me up for those shark tunnels(this one is in Maui).I'd visit the museum a lot more if it had these.

Stacky......stubborn to the bitter end.

Okay, we get it, you guys disagree with Stackhouse. No need to keep beating a dead horse, especially when he/she wasn't being rude or unreasonable in the slightest. Chill out and enjoy the existence of fishies.

Okay, we get it, you guys disagree with Stackhouse. No need to keep beating a dead horse, especially when he/she wasn't being rude or unreasonable in the slightest. Chill out and enjoy the existence of fishies.

If you are referring to my post,I did not post what I did because of anything he said in this thread.I agree that he didn't say anything that was out of line.I was referring to some things that came up between us in the past.

Back