• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Which villager do you really just adore?

doodle

✿ ✿ ✿
Bells
Switch
0208-6177-4029
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
White Cosmos
Pumpkin Cupcake
Peach (Fruit)
As Valentine's Day is winding down for me, I thought I would ask you all something simple: which villager in Animal Crossing do you simply adore, even slightly obsess over?

This isn't just another "favorite villager" thread, because here I want you to gush about the villager that has truly touched your heart and why. What about this villager appeals to you? Do you have any special stories with them or even stories about them you've imagined (example: like hobbies they'd like or habits not explicitly stated in-game, but you could see them doing it regardless)?

One of my favorite things on Bell Tree is stumbling upon those posts where someone just rambles about their favorite villager--not just "o ya i like marshal", but those of you that have created memories and stories about these cute creatures in AC that, on the surface, seem to merely sputter the same lines everyday and yet you've made a connection with them anyway. I've been starting to draw a lot of AC art (getting hyped for Animal Crossing 2019 i guess?) and its been making me really think about my villagers! It gives the game a layer of depth if you fill in the details about your town with your imagination, I feel.

I'll start: my favorite villager in the game is Etoile!

I remember when I first looked up the Sanrio amiibo when I began hearing about them. I looked over each one, but when my eyes touched on Etoile's card upon the screen, I just knew I had to have her. I never had such a reaction to a villager before--I usually didn't care too much who was in my town, but after seeing Etoile that all changed. I ordered her card immediately and was soo excited when it came in the mail!! Seeing her RV and then her precious house melted my heart. I like to think she has a special fascination with stars due to her style, so I give her introductions and catchphrases that always have something to do with them!

This is getting long, so I'll leave the rest to you guys. Please share your stories/thoughts/adventures about your favorite villager here! :3

Stitches, he just makes my heart eep! I am a fan of his color-blocking for one, but it is more of a reason is that he reminds me of my stuffed toys as a kid. I actually do have one stuffed bear left from all my toys eons ago, I just could not bear (hah!) to part with it. I quite like that his eyes are if his buttons were removed as well, very reminiscent to me of an old toy that has received a lot of love and is slightly tattered, but still just as lovable. :)

Last edited:
Kiki! Although she's not one of the most popular villagers, she's been my favourite for quite a while :) I remember when I first played ACWW she was one of my starting villagers, and to this day she's still in my town. I loved her then, and I still love her now. I don't have her yet in my ACNL town, but I'm hoping one day I'll be able to obtain her~

My girl Tutu. My first AC game was technically City Folk, and my dad who owned the game, had Tutu in her town. My dad and sister would tease her and make her say stupid things like fart-as kids that was hilarious- and I would always say not to pick on her and stuff. Over time I started loving Tutu more, and I got her in my town in NL. To this day I still love her, and I usually don't like the peppy personalities.

Last edited:
Lopez, he is my favorite villager but also the one I adore most. I feel like I’ve always clicked with him more than any other villager I’ve had. His personality is hilarious, and I love his design. Seeing him in my walking around in my town always makes me happy.

I would have to say Mitzi is my favorite villager. The story behind her was in fact that she was the first villager I ever talked too when I first started playing Animal Crossing a long time ago. Ever since then, she has been my number one villager. I even have her Amiibo card now, which totally made me happy when I got her. Now I can move her into my town anytime I want. :)

Kitty was originally in my Gamecube town, living in the same acre as Carmen. I would write letters to them and always enjoyed reading their responses, even if they didn't actually understand me. I imagined us going on picnics together in the mountains as that is mentioned in one of the snooty villager dialogues.

When I played City Folk I always wanted Kitty to move into my town. I saw her at The City sometimes, but she never ended up becoming a resident. In New Leaf however, I found her in the campsite of my old town and luckily had an open spot. I immediately moved her in and she became a longtime resident. I enjoyed talking to her often, just like in Gamecube. She was there for several years and had some good conversations with Lolly, another great cat villager.

Unfortunately she eventually moved out of my old town, one of the reasons I eventually lost interest in playing it. However, I won't be without Kitty for long. Assuming they don't remove her in Animal Crossing 2019 (I will be absolutely livid if they do) I plan on having her as a resident of my town in that game. I look forward to being able to interact with her again.

Leopold has been my all-time favorite villager for many years now, and he'll always be my dear love <3

Tangy will always and forever be my favourite; not only is she a cat which has always been my favourite animal but she was the first ever villager I talked to in my first AC town, back when Wild World was released, and she became my best friend in the game. I took a long break from the series and started playing NL for the first time last year - only to have Tangy be a starting villager in my town again, over a decade later. I've always adored how sweet, fun and positive she is (plus her design is the COOLEST) but that really solidified her as my ultimate favourite. <3

I really love Paula. She was my first move-in and i just fell in love with her. I've been adding her to all of my towns ever since. I don't really have any special stories with her, I just love her!

Dora, she was one of one starting villagers for New Leaf I got so attached to her that I could never let her move away even though her house was in the way of where I wanted to build a bridge I hope I am able to get her in my town in Animal Crossing on Switch

Mira!

She is so cute and cool, i love her and she is my favourite villager type, in two ways, a bunny and uchi! So much spunk :D

I adore my grumpy Grizzly bear. He was a starter in my first GameCube town and the first time I met him I think he told me to get lost. Well, I make it my mission in life to befriend any animal, and Animal Crossing was no different.

I was determined that Grizzly would love me, so I wrote him letters and sent him gifts. It didn't take too long for me to win him over and he started sending me sweet letters and presents. We were best friends.

Unfortunately, the GameCube and the game weren't mine; they belonged to my brother and I only played when I visited home on the weekends. Eventually, my brother sold the system and the game, so my Grizzly was gone.

I was so attached to him that I didn't want to play another Animal Crossing game after that. It just wouldn't feel the same without Grizzly in my town, and I knew my odds of getting him again were pretty low.

Then, my husband started watching Chuggaconroy's Let's Play of New Leaf. Seeing the game again brought back the desire to play and by that time it already had the Welcome Amiibo update. So, I bought New Leaf and Grizzly's card and now he will live in my town forever.

I love Stitches. This pic just says it all.

IMG_0973.JPG

Last edited:
So me it?s Daisy. I always feel like so never gets enough love. She?s got such a simple design but is so cute. My NL town has been running now for 5years and shes the only OG villager left in it. I love her sweet outlook on life. Plus her interest in fossils and space is so interesting. She?s just such a cute little villager and I?ve grown rather attached to her. To the point that I redesigned my entire villager layout so that I could incorporate her oddly placed house so she didn?t have to move out. XD

Stitches and Molly do it for me.

It isn’t a surprise given they are in the Lazy and Normal personality category.

These two are not alone.

Truth is, I have three towns established with Dream Addresses mentioned in my signature. But, given this game is a creative hobby for me, and this has been going on over five years, I have other towns just so I don’t repeat any villagers from one other town. It is has been great getting to experience and appreciate so many other animal villagers, a number of them already mentioned by other posters who responded to this thread prior to me.

Zucker. His design is really interesting. For some reason, it brings back memories of going to a Japanese candy store when I was younger.

Curt. He's been my very favorite since ww, we always wore the same shirt, and when he moved away little me was so heartbroken. I never took off the shirt we wore together :,^) He'll always be my favorite grumpy pos <3

Back