• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Which Switch games could you not put down? (That aren't AC:NH lol)

Night In The Woods...the story alone pulled me in to the point where I just needed to know what happened/was going to happen.

Otherwise, the usual mentions, MK8, SMO, Splatoon 2.

Honorable mentions to Rayman Legends (ideal for completionist gamers) and Cuphead (ideal for gamers that appreciate insane difficulty).

i remember people mentioning stardew valley a lot and i finally broke down and bought it, and now its my second game with the longest play time (besides acnh)

(and yes i know the pc version is a lot better if you like mods but i dont have a good pc and i dont care for modding tbh)

Mario Kart 8, never gets old. If anyone want to race just tell me! I'm surprise that the game is insanely full of people online.

Definitely Breath of the Wild. The game is absolutely amazing and exploring the world was a lot of fun.

Definitely Asphalt 9 Switch Port. I play it more than ACNH now, but ACNH is still in the lead when it comes to total hours played

Just finished paper mario origami king
And i had to stop for a little while playing fire emblem 3houses and it wasnt an easy task
Also i need to have a little break form acnh because im over 500hundreds hours in the game and um starting to get bored of ny whole island
I know in a few weeks ill be back tqlking to all my villagers but as for now it seems a good idea to stop untill the next event or update
Also im choosing what is going to be my next game
I think ni no kuni is the next one
What do you guys think about this jrpg?

The World Ends with You was the first switch game that really pulled me into playing it, once I actually gave it a chance because when I first got it the controls were not what I wanted to play at the time. But the second time when I played it for what it is, I had so much fun it's all I did whenever I had free time last January. It's a great game and I'm super excited for the upcoming sequel.

Then after that I played the Deltarune demo-thingy a lot considering it isn't that long, I just couldn't put it down and wanted to play it again as soon as I finished (which I did xD).

And lastly is Breath of the Wild, which was a similar situation with TWEWY, where I couldn't get the hang of it at first and didn't like it (I don't know why, I think I just got overwhelmed by it tbh), but then later went back and, oh boy, I sunk so many hours into it over like a month, I was practically playing it all day every day. At least, that's what it felt like. xD It's my second most played game, after the monster that is ACNH.

Breath of the Wild took up way more of my time immediately after launch than I care to admit. Even if I managed to stop playing for a while, once I started playing again I'd be instantly hooked once more. That was the Wii U version though since I didn't have a Switch at the time, but they are the same game anyway so I still think it counts. Now that my Wii U's disk drive is dead (and unlike the Wii, a dead disk drive completely locks you out of the system making it entirely impossible to even play your digital and virtual console games) I had to buy it again on Switch, and I ended up getting stuck back on it again. It is now my second favorite game of all time, only behind Majora's Mask. It's one of a handful of games I wish I could go back and play for the very first time all over again, if that makes sense.

Luigi's Mansion 3! Absolutely adored it, I have plans to do a re-run soon.

Also, Dragon Quest Builders 2. I've clocked in over 1000 hours on it, and AC:NH has prompted me to return to it after a few months of hiatus from it.

Back