• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Which Switch games could you not put down? (That aren't AC:NH lol)

I would have to say Splatoon 2 for me! Despite having been on and off at times to play other games like Pokémon Sword and Shield and Animal Crossing, I always find myself coming back to the game! I don’t think I’ve ever played another game as much as this one. I mostly play with random players and while the teaming is frustrating at times, it’s also a great way to improve my skills. I love the different options they offer (single-/multiplayer modes); I never get tired of it! I’ve been obsessed with Rank and Salmon Run. 😆

1000% Breath of the Wild. I'm a Zelda noob (played the first 15 minutes of Wind Waker as a kiddo while getting my hair cut, but I don't really count that) and the sheer size of this game is astounding to me. I have no idea if I'll ever get to 100% completion, and even if I do, there's just so many ways to play I doubt I'll be able to put it down until BOTW2 is released.

for me it's breath of the wild, it was the first game i got with my switch a couple of months after they were released and i literally played it all the time before acnh took all my attention, but lozbotw is truely the most incredible game i've ever played ♡
i also couldn't put down age of calamity but mainly because i love playing as the amazing revali

It's not a Nintendo exclusive, but I got Graveyard Keeper and I have no clue why, but it was so addictive.
I also was addicted to Splatoon 2 for a while.

Dragon Quest XI, Super Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild :) I loved all those games so much and I spent many late nights on those games, only to wake up extra early to play them again lol.

Spent many hours playing Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Sunshine (3D All Stars), which was an old favourite on the GC but Pokemon Sh is the one I am always drawn back to, always loved the Pokemon series :D

Cities: Skylines is basically real-life ACNH.
I’ve spent so many hours tailoring my mega cities and it takes forever and you can really set your own limit for what makes you feel accomplished; so for perfectionists feeling burnt out from NH, it’s a perfect game to play to take a break.

Other than those two, I’ve also logged many hours in Minecraft. No further explanation needed there, lol.

I really like Yes, Your Grace and Civ 6. Yes, Your Grace would probably be my favourite of the two, and I was playing pretty much constantly, I still need to go back and play through again, as it's one of those where your choices you make influence what happens, but you don't know whether it's for the better or for worse :)

Seriously can not put FE3H down right now, went with the Golden Deer for my first play through. I am so excited to go through all 4 routes. Such a good game but my poor acnh island is suffering neglect because of it.

I just can't put Xenoblade Chronicles 2 down.
I love it, even when I start other games an OST is all it takes to make me want to return to Xenoblade.
Idk why, probably is the open world, probably the fact it is such a dynamic game, probably because I have such good memories about it.

Recently I've been reliving childhood memories with the Mario 3D all stars and in particular Mario Sunshine, I played that game so much on my gamecube as a kid and even now still love to 100% it!

But the all-time "social life destroyer" (besides AC) still remains Breath of the wild, I've completed the game already 2 times and still started a third slot to live and explore the massive world, and yes I still find things and even areas I didn't even know about yet, lol.

Fire emblem 3 houses
Omg im so addicted to tnhis game
Im on my second playtrough and im sure ill have the third and ill keep playing until all my possibilities in tbis games are fulfilled
There are so many things
I absolutely love the whole dynamics of the franchise bur this one in particullar is very apealing towards the harry potter vibe
It seems like we are living ib hogwarts
And the combats/battle become a second interest in the story

Breath of the Wild. There was just so much to explore and a million side quests. Even after the game, there were times I just booted it up to travel. Such breath (lol) taking scenery. I would visit my favorite spots and hang out there and wait for a change in weather. There's also a lot of the map I have NEVER seen (and no Korok seeds or anything) so that's always fun!

Fire Emblem 3 Houses. I really like this game. I have lost sleep playing it.

DQXI My first ever Dragon Quest game and it's a great one.

Stardew Valley and Fire Emblem for sure. I put hundreds of hours into Splatoon 2 too.

Oh definitely Fire emblem three houses for me. it was such a huge step up from previous FE games and I was very impressed 😌 golden deer best house
I second this (though not the Golden Deer best house part lol.) I thought the devs really did a great job with this one. They included things that fans enjoyed, but it wasn’t too much fan service to the point where it ruined the game/made concepts seem too unrealistic.

edit: I'm tired and realized just realized I already posted on this thread. Oops

edit 2: I guess to add to my previous post the other game I got pretty into was Splatoon 2. Nothing compared to the hours I put into ACNH though lol

Age of Calamity is one of my favourites at the moment. I play in bursts since each level is rather long, but the cutscenes make for a pleasant reward :)

Back